I present you decide?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:43:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  I present you decide?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I present you decide?  (Read 3201 times)
MarkDel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 09:41:24 PM »

If you hire Ann to write a column, you have to know you are going to get something like this.  She's highly partisan and uses hyperbole, satire and sarcasm to make her points.  It would be like getting Michael Moore to write about the RNC and expecting something other than vitriolic hate.

Whatever you think about her politics, she is right in her argument with USA Today.  They should have known what they were getting and expected a partisan column with anti-Dem satire.  

This article was way over the line even for a humor piece.  Can you imagine a major newpaper actually publishing this sentence?:

"My pretty-girl allies stick out like a sore thumb amongst the corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons they call "women" at the Democratic National Convention."

I can't ever remember Michael Moore publishing anything as personally mean-spirited toward and entire class of people.

Nick,

The reason Coulter made this joke is because she has been forced to endure criticism from the Left for being one of the "Right wing blonde bimbos" used by the Republican Party. Her comments are actually a counter-attack on her part against the people who have ripped her and Laura Ingraham and Kelly Ann Conway and other Republican women for being "empty headed blonde bimbos" by the Feminazi (her kind of humor) crowd.

The funny part of this is that everyone who called her a nut job is also a fan of Michael Moore...LOL
agcatter
agcat
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 09:46:21 PM »

That IS funny.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 12:43:52 AM »

This is kind of like when Rush Limbaugh made his racist statement on ESPN. Didn't ESPN know what it was getting itself into when it hired that racist loudmouth Limbaugh?
struct310
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 01:34:21 AM »

First of all, anyone who decries Ann Coulter for being so mean spirited should take a look at some of the things Moore has said.  He made comments about the terrorists hitting the wrong target since there were so many liberals in NYC.  He thought they should have hit the south.  Ill take her any day over the miserable excuse of being a human, much less an "American" that is Mike Moore.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 02:27:18 AM »

First of all, anyone who decries Ann Coulter for being so mean spirited should take a look at some of the things Moore has said.  He made comments about the terrorists hitting the wrong target since there were so many liberals in NYC.  He thought they should have hit the south.  Ill take her any day over the miserable excuse of being a human, much less an "American" that is Mike Moore.

Oh you mean like Coulter wishing McVeigh blew up the NY Times building.  Or Coulter saying liberals are more dangerous than AL Qaeda??/
Niles Caulder

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 08:20:21 PM »

My first 3rd-hand encounter with Ann Coulter was via a fan of hers, who eruditely, eloquently, and cogently relayed her argument concluding that FDR was a Communist and supportive of sabotuers in his government.  Her evidence of this is was the fact that FDR schmoozed Stalin at Yalta...called him "Uncle Joe."  (Well, there ya go...it's obvious isn't it?  This was the first time it made me scared that some people read books.)

I agree, she gets way too much attention--Conservatism is not represented well by her 'eccentricity' which obscures whether she's being serious or making a joke.  At any rate, the one characteristic that emennates from her humor without question is sheer hatred.  Let's hope she finds a less toxic psychological state in her future.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 08:39:30 PM »

5 and 8.   She's a nutcase, but even nutcases are entitled to their opinions.

Maybe she can get a job with slim-fast...
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies