Is the USA the Greatest Nation

<< < (18/18)

Giant Saguaro:
Yes. For capitalist, geographic, and political reasons and also that we're the world's Super Power. You've got vast prairies, deserts, forests, cold, hot, dry, humid, coastal areas in warm and cold climates, etc. We also have the greatest sports in football and baseball. I think we're also the most well-defended nation and there are oceans between us the Americas/Canada and the rest of the world. What don't you have here? I'll take the US over any spot anywhere.

Platypus:
Quote from: TheGiantSaguaro on August 19, 2004, 04:25:41 PM

Yes. For capitalist,

Our economy is doing better at the moment, and per capita we'd be as strong as the US, imho.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

that is very objective. i would say Australia has the best geographic position, Brits would say Britain, and Mongolians would say Mongolia.

Is that a joke?!? The US political system is seriously in need of a workover. We aren't perfect, but we don't have gerrymandering, do have almost 100% turnouts, and have a more democratic voting system.

Agreed. And that makes you the greatest country, but does nothing towards making you the best at all; if anything it hurts your case because it lowers the worlds view of you.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we. Add the abundance of unique flora and fauna, and we beat you wil natural beauty hands down.

Aussie rules football and cricket, you mean ;)

Looked at a map recently? We're girt by sea. That means; its *everywhere* around us.

Modesty, The Aussie way of life, and a lack of religious, gun and war nuts.

Your choice. the US is a good country, and it is a great country, but it is not as good as my country. And that's completely honest. No arrogance, no anti-americanism. My country *is* better.

Advance Australia Fair.

Giant Saguaro:
Quote from: hughento on August 19, 2004, 06:18:51 PM

Quote from: TheGiantSaguaro on August 19, 2004, 04:25:41 PM

Yes. For capitalist,

Our economy is doing better at the moment, and per capita we'd be as strong as the US, imho.

that is very objective. i would say Australia has the best geographic position, Brits would say Britain, and Mongolians would say Mongolia.

Is that a joke?!? The US political system is seriously in need of a workover. We aren't perfect, but we don't have gerrymandering, do have almost 100% turnouts, and have a more democratic voting system.

Agreed. And that makes you the greatest country, but does nothing towards making you the best at all; if anything it hurts your case because it lowers the worlds view of you.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we.

so do we. Add the abundance of unique flora and fauna, and we beat you wil natural beauty hands down.

Aussie rules football and cricket, you mean ;)

Looked at a map recently? We're girt by sea. That means; its *everywhere* around us.

Modesty, The Aussie way of life, and a lack of religious, gun and war nuts.

Your choice. the US is a good country, and it is a great country, but it is not as good as my country. And that's completely honest. No arrogance, no anti-americanism. My country *is* better.

Advance Australia Fair.

Haha, good reply. :) Like Dorothy said, "There's no place like home."

Exactly right. If I thought Australia were any better, that's probably where I'd be. And not to mention I wouldn't feel safe there...

One note: Our gun, war, and other nuts in general all give us our personality and swagger! We had 'em when we ran the British out in the 18th century, when we held the union together during the Civil War, when we lead the world to victory over the Nazis and Communism, and thank goodness we still got 'em today. And they'll lead us to victory over the terrorists. I like being a leader and living in a nation that carries that much weight and can impact events in that fashion. And we need them at that international table, which BTW, we own for the most part. :)

Akno21:
The USA has about 10,000 gun murders per year. Other first world nations, (UK, France, Australia, etc.) have about 200, on average.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page