Ireland General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:10:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Ireland General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ireland General Discussion  (Read 280476 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: November 22, 2010, 05:20:30 PM »

Labour?

I thought Irish Labour was hovering around 10% each election and was very weak outside its strong areas.

Something happened to them to be popular lately?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »

That cover is so screaming "british-like rag".

They even have the nationalist side with "better because we're irish".
It is strange to see a newspaper taking a so clear opinion.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »

Too bad than EU is weak. Make a treaty about about abortion, instead of useless treaties. They would feel compelled to sign it to stay.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »

The problem though isn't the EU, it is the Irish constitution (whose article 40.3.3 was written precisely to counter the 'threat' that the EU would legalize abortion).

Oh, I know. But given than all horrible European treaties passed (even if some needed reruns), I suppose you could do the same thing with abortion.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:02:56 PM »

The problem though isn't the EU, it is the Irish constitution (whose article 40.3.3 was written precisely to counter the 'threat' that the EU would legalize abortion).

Oh, I know. But given than all horrible European treaties passed (even if some needed reruns), I suppose you could do the same thing with abortion.

That would require, per the constitution, a referendum and alas I really don't think that Ireland is ready to vote for a liberal abortion regime yet.

Well, for Europe, they made Irish vote until they got the "right" answer.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »

That would require, per the constitution, a referendum and alas I really don't think that Ireland is ready to vote for a liberal abortion regime yet.

Been there 3 times already and nobody really knows what answer the Irish people gave.

Europe passed its treaties, it is the thing who mattered for them. They don't care about the opinion of people, they just want a signature on their treaty.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 05:33:41 PM »

Been there 3 times already and nobody really knows what answer the Irish people gave.

Europe passed its treaties, it is the thing who mattered for them. They don't care about the opinion of people, they just want a signature on their treaty.

You see, as I said before, there is this thing called the Irish Constitution....

I know that. I propose forcing them to amend it and make them vote on that until they say yes. It worked for European treaties.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »

That paper in hurting the scientist in me.

Since gay marriage is on the topic, what is the Ireland situation?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:20:20 PM »

51 is way too young to die. My thought to her children and family.

RIP
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 05:00:24 PM »

I'm astonish than the usual government party, Fianna Fail, failed to recover after it lost.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies