How divided are we? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:37:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How divided are we? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How divided are we?  (Read 2535 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 26, 2004, 08:14:26 AM »

We are not even close to being as divided as we were during the Viet Nam era. I was in high school and college in the late '60s and early '70s and what is going on today is far from the animosity I experienced then. As the previous poster noted we had military conscription then and that made a huge difference. That is one reason I do not see the draft returning. While things are not happy right now they were worse then... a LOT worse.

Yeah we don't have race riots or kids getting killed at colleges. This is nothing like the late 60s.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 02:02:13 PM »

My father made a comment not to long ago that he beleives the US is more divided now than it was during the Vietnam war.

I was very young during the war, and have very few memories of it so I was wondering how those who were around during those times think of that.

Or for those who are tallented in history, how the divisions of today contrast with other divisive periods of the past.

Also as a sidebar - I don't think there has ever been a president more dangerous at the helm than Bush.  This flavor of Republicans that's squatting in Washington D.C., are truly repugnant and evil.

The 16th President was.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

My father made a comment not to long ago that he beleives the US is more divided now than it was during the Vietnam war.

I was very young during the war, and have very few memories of it so I was wondering how those who were around during those times think of that.

Or for those who are tallented in history, how the divisions of today contrast with other divisive periods of the past.

Also as a sidebar - I don't think there has ever been a president more dangerous at the helm than Bush.  This flavor of Republicans that's squatting in Washington D.C., are truly repugnant and evil.

The 16th President was.

Lincoln?  Perhaps.

So does that mean we are destined for another civil war?  If Bush is elected, I fear that may come to pass.

Some times revolutions are needed to improve our nation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies