Atlasia v. Jesus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:10:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Jesus  (Read 4140 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 10:33:11 PM »

I would decide by myself with an appeal to the full court being an option.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 01:27:01 AM »

The defendant has decided to waive his right to trial by jury.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 05:29:21 AM »

Opebo has already stated his opinion on this case in this thread so his neutrality would be questionable.

That makes no sense, KIL.  How can one give an opinion if one is neutral?  If we as judges are expected to both give opinions and be neutral, I think you can see this is a legal conundrum. 

I must object to the exclusion of justices based upon guesses as to what their opinions might be, even by members of this Court.  I further note that the defendant has been pressured into forgoing his right to trial by jury due to this exclusion, and thus this practice must be invalidated upon appeal.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »

Opebo has already stated his opinion on this case in this thread so his neutrality would be questionable.

That makes no sense, KIL.  How can one give an opinion if one is neutral?  If we as judges are expected to both give opinions and be neutral, I think you can see this is a legal conundrum. 

I must object to the exclusion of justices based upon guesses as to what their opinions might be, even by members of this Court.  I further note that the defendant has been pressured into forgoing his right to trial by jury due to this exclusion, and thus this practice must be invalidated upon appeal.
Only the plaintiff, Defendant, the defendants representative and myself will be allowed to post in this thread, anyone else should seek permission from me via pm, anyone violating this rule will be held in contempt.
I have put up with your interference so far do not push it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

Only the plaintiff, Defendant, the defendants representative and myself will be allowed to post in this thread, anyone else should seek permission from me via pm, anyone violating this rule will be held in contempt.
I have put up with your interference so far do not push it.

I did send you a PM, but recieved no response.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 12:47:19 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2007, 12:51:22 PM by King-in-Law »

I didn't say you WERE neutral.  I said it would be QUESTIONABLE to think THAT YOU WOULD BE neutral.

Judges aren't supposed to give opinions before the trial and before either case is fully presented, opebo, and you did.   You said any law Jesus may have broken was unconstitutional and that you wish the court not take this case.  It's no wonder Jesus is jumping up and down hoping you'd be the judge when you side your opinions with defendant pretrial.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »

I didn't say you WERE neutral.  I said it would be QUESTIONABLE to think THAT YOU WOULD BE neutral.

That was precisely my point - as a judge, I cannot be neutral.  You suggested that I should be.

But apparently I am not allowed to post in this thread, so we will have to argue about this elsewhere  if you wish.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »

That was precisely my point - as a judge, I cannot be neutral.  You suggested that I should be.

You can't be neutral when it's time to make a decision on a verdict, but you have to be neutral before the trial even begins.  You can't say or give the impression of "I believe the defendant should win this case" before the trial.  That's not a fair case.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »

On the lone count of maliciously editing the wiki I find that the defendant Governor Jesus is not guilty, I see no malicious intent here at all, misguided perhaps but the charge is dropped,case dismissed.

TexasGurl

Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 03:30:55 AM »

The defense appreciates the verdict and thanks the Court for hearing our opinion.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »

Sanity Prevails!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies