LA: Jindal (R) strongly favored to win in the first round of voting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA: Jindal (R) strongly favored to win in the first round of voting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LA: Jindal (R) strongly favored to win in the first round of voting  (Read 9906 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »

I guess no one here noticed that, according to this poll, 44% of the black male respondents favored Jindal

Realistically, I think Jindal will get closer to 18% of the black vote, which is just enough to doom the Democrats in the first round anyhow.

Unless someone like Nagin jumps into the race, where's the black vote going to go?

Most likely, blacks simply won't show up at the polls at all. This is especially true for black women, since they don't like any of the choices.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2007, 03:04:19 AM »

I guess no one here noticed that, according to this poll, 44% of the black male respondents favored Jindal

In my case that's only because this is the first time I spotted this thread.

Quite the most astonishing poll figure I've seen for ages.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »

How is this surprising? The black vote IS culturally closer to the GOP than the dems..
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »

In my case that's only because this is the first time I spotted this thread.

Quite the most astonishing poll figure I've seen for ages.

Remember the MOE for these types of subsamples.  Wink

However, as I seem to remember in 2003, Jindal slightly outperformed Bush 2004 numbers in Orleans County (granted, there are other black people in LA) while losing statewide, so he has a historically good record of performance in this area for a Republican.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 01:41:19 PM »

Realistically, I think Jindal will get closer to 18% of the black vote, which is just enough to doom the Democrats in the first round anyhow.

Unless someone like Nagin jumps into the race, where's the black vote going to go?

Most likely, blacks simply won't show up at the polls at all. This is especially true for black women, since they don't like any of the choices.

And if most blacks don't show up to the polls (read: blacks that instinctively vote Democrat regardless of candidate), that should push Jindal's showing among the black community higher.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies