NJ 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:02:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: NJ 2009  (Read 10811 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »

OOps! You caught me! That was after the fact, smarty. The only reason you call him respectable is because of his attack on me a few posts ago and you say what I said was nonsense. Well it happens to be if you're a political reporter and haven't realized that Keans chance at winning was minimal, then you aren't such a great reporter.  You're the one who resorts to acting like a child. People are treated by me on how they treat others. Now, if you'd like to end this nonsense of personal attacks and smart ass comments, I'd love to do it if you'd agree to it. All one would have to do afterwards is notify the other of their behavior and put an end to it. Now would you like to act like an adult now?

I respect Mr. Moderate because he knows what he's talking about (I actually read his posts and they aren't filled with partisan attacks) and he's respectable. You aren't.

You just made the argument that Kean's chance at winning was minimal...when a few posts ago you said there was no chance. Which is it, Conan? You're confusing us and, most importantly, yourself.

I don't need to start acting like an adult. I've been doing so for awhile. I'm not the one who called someone bitchy and effeminate (which is rather sexist on your part but that's another story).
Don't take yourself too seriously. Minimal/no chance... semantics. You really do need to start acting like an adult so that you can get friends at home instead of through an online political forum.  You are a joke. Now, since you would not like to take a part in my conciliatory offer, I will appreciate it if you don't make any more smart remarks towards me and others, and that I will not engage in any little games you play from here on forward. If you have a question or problem with any of my posts, please ask for further explanation in a way that is not demeaning nor childlike. Your response to this message will show what kind of person you'd like to be, a respectful adult or an antagonist child. You will not see any more childish remarks from me from now on.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 10:36:47 PM »

Don't take yourself too seriously. Minimal/no chance... semantics.

No, those two are fundamentally different things.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Now I don't have friends off the forum! Wow! When does your insanity stop?

Again, you tell me to act like an adult and then say I don't have real life friends? Are you serious, kid?

So you can throw your last cheap shots and then expect me to remain silent? I'll believe that you are going to stop your childish remarks when I see it.
Conan
conan

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 11:24:38 PM »

Again, you tell me to act like an adult and then say I don't have real life friends? Are you serious, kid?
So you can throw your last cheap shots and then expect me to remain silent? I'll believe that you are going to stop your childish remarks when I see it.
Well, the first one, no they are not fundamentally different. The end result is still the same. I am not going to address the second part as it is low. Are you serious, kid? is one of those smart cute little remarks that is quite juvenile and again you don't know how old I am so it's quite irrelevent. Since this response isn't that bad, I will consider this progress. This is now settled. I should expect no more childish remarks from you if you are as you say you are, a respectable member who acts like an adult. My comments towards you from here on are in an adult like manner only if you wish to do so yourself. Thank you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 11:28:26 PM »

Well, the first one, no they are not fundamentally different. The end result is still the same.

Do you have any idea what you're saying? The end result?

Saying someone has no chance, as you did, means there is no chance of them winning.

Saying someone has a minimal chance means that they have a chance but it is small.

Understand now?
Conan
conan

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 01:31:22 AM »

Well, the first one, no they are not fundamentally different. The end result is still the same.

Do you have any idea what you're saying? The end result?

Saying someone has no chance, as you did, means there is no chance of them winning.

Saying someone has a minimal chance means that they have a chance but it is small.

Understand now?

I guess you still want to act childish. You see, where I come from, there is no difference between saying, "yea like he has a chance (no chance)" and "they have little chance at all". It is semantics. If you want to go on about it go ahead because the thing is what I meant is basically the same thing. So would you now like to start some civility? It's a yes or no question. It really would be best for everyone. I've asked three times and you still seem bent on acting like a child.
Conan
conan

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 02:15:53 AM »

Some comments on a Corzine v Christie race on Pol NJ:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
FormerlyAnonymous

Christie is a one-term freeholder who got beaten in a re-election primary!
After the first election, he was sued and settled a libel or slander suit (forget which) from his opponents -- so he won by telling lies about his opponents.
He raised $100,000 for Bush and still didn't get the US Attorney job until he and his brother ponied up another half million. He had to buy his current job.
You look at his crying jab when Stu Rabner didn't get the hero worship Christie wanted to see -- imagine what will happen on the campaign trail! Christie is a failed politician who had to buy his job and doesn't have the sense of proportion needed to run for office.
He may get the nomination, but only because the Republicans don't have anyone else. He won't win, though.

08/14/07 7:55 am History has a way of repeating itself
Mountaintop

Chris's claim to fame is losing by 20 points to Mike Carroll in the 1995 primary. I would suspect that in 2009 his pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-tax increase stands won't go over any better in a primary than in 1995.
Taxes are the issue, not corruption.  That is clear everywhere but the country club where our Republican leaders spend their time and talk to "average" voters.

08/14/07 8:18 am Corzine
SJBlue

This will really be no contest. Corzine wins by another 10 points.

08/14/07 8:27 am Bill Brennan
DinoPCrocetti

Hey Bill, I figured that you would at least like him better than Steve Lonegan who you're so obsessed with hating.
I like Christie but Steve Lonegan is my first choice.

08/14/07 8:30 am Doesn't look good for the GOP
PoliticsSJ

The GOP will probably offer either a country club Republican who doesn't relate to the common voter or some wacko "revolutionary" who talks incessantly about taxes, is a one trick pony, has zero populist appeal, can't raise money and will not get the message out. The GOP has tried it both ways, and can't win. We need a new approach.

08/14/07 9:02 am Christie v. Corzine
MartinOne

One can see why the GOP, after multiple failures in senate campaigns and gubernatorial ones, would see Christie as an attractive option; lately, I've had trouble discerning when he is acting as a U.S. attorney versus when he is acting as a future political candidate (Kyrillos interview, Republican candidate forums, questionable subpoena timings).
That said, though many Ds and Rs see otherwise, I'm not sure Christie is even running in 2009, and I agree that Corzine would win by the same margin as he defeated Forrester.

08/14/07 9:06 am Ain't gonna happen but here's my 2 cents...
ShoreGuy_MC

I can see why a very unpopular Governor is so far behind a very popular U.S. Attorney. However, the very things that are making him popular as a federal appointee will make it difficult for him to ever become a statewide elected official in NJ. Right now both state party establishments loath him (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing in the eye of the unaffiliated voter…but they do not have the consistent participation in elections as the party-faithful do). Plus, these hints of "moderation" on social issues may lead to more populist conservatives looking elsewhere for their party’s standard bearer. As I see it now, Christie will likely not make it through the primary. So, this hypothetical general election match up is…well…hypothetical and nothing more.

08/14/07 11:01 am Draft Steve Forbes!
Republican Conscience

Steve Forbes should run this state. If he could make time run for President, he could run for Governor. He could afford the pay-cut and actually knows how to run things for a profit.

08/14/07 12:41 pm Christie needs to do something other than indict politicians
Nero

How about a contrast to Corzine. He should do what the federal government has failed to do -- round up illegal aliens and send them back. Corzine set up this bogus immigration group who will recomend embracing these law breakers (surprise). While most of us wouldn't be here if were not for LEGAL immigration, illegal aliens have no business being here and should be sent packing. If Christie showed some leadership on this issue and rounded these folks up and sent them back, this would go a long way with voters.

08/14/07 1:35 pm Too late
ononuk

Christie is an attractive candidate, but (like many others) he has already peaked. We expect so much of him now that someone new will appear,  go from 0% in December, 2008 to 20% in April, 2009, and the press will be salivating over him. Christie's moment was two years ago. By 2009 he will be old news.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

[etc, etc]
You do realize these comments have the same validity on the race as me typing something on this website?  I could go there right now and type in that Christie would win by 25 points
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »

If the NJ Republicans waste Murphy on this unwinnable election, they're not going to get anywhere.  They need to save him for something he can win.  Sure he's probably our best shot at beating Corzine, but he's still got no chance.  He might be a good candidate, but we need more than that to overcome the Democrats' strength.

Amen.
Conan
conan

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 07:44:12 PM »

[etc, etc]
You do realize these comments have the same validity on the race as me typing something on this website?  I could go there right now and type in that Christie would win by 25 points
I don't see your point. There was no agenda attached to that. It was just relevent to this thread.
Conan
conan

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 07:45:52 PM »

If the NJ Republicans waste Murphy on this unwinnable election, they're not going to get anywhere.  They need to save him for something he can win.  Sure he's probably our best shot at beating Corzine, but he's still got no chance.  He might be a good candidate, but we need more than that to overcome the Democrats' strength.
Exactly. Republicans should save good candidates that they have a shot at: US Senate 2012 and Gov 2013.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 08:02:50 AM »

[etc, etc]
I don't see your point. There was no agenda attached to that. It was just relevent to this thread.
Those comments have no bearing on what is actually going on and represent such a small and bias faction of NJ voters (something like .0000000000000000000001%)
Conan
conan

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »

[etc, etc]
Those comments have no bearing on what is actually going on and represent such a small and bias faction of NJ voters (something like .0000000000000000000001%)
What's your point though? What did everyone not know already?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »

Is it possible that for once I was the only one that saw something coming? Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 06:30:27 PM »

Is it possible that for once I was the only one that saw something coming? Smiley
No DWTL. It's just proof that if you keep forcasting longshot GOP upsets in every race under the sun the law of averages says you'll eventually blunder into getting one right.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2009, 02:42:18 PM »

Corzine will defeat Christie. Just deal with it. Christie will be seen as "piggish" and the epitome of everything wrong with New Jersey corruption.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:08 AM »

Corzine will defeat Christie. Just deal with it. Christie will be seen as "piggish" and the epitome of everything wrong with New Jersey corruption.

ok thx 4 ur input
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies