Richard Shelby- Idiot or Moron?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:00:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Richard Shelby- Idiot or Moron?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Richard Shelby- Idiot or Moron?  (Read 3622 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 23, 2004, 11:46:29 PM »

Today, Richard Shelby announced that he had "personal confirmation" that Sudan was not only willing to extradite bin Laden but would have assasinated him had the US only asked.  Well, isn't that helpful.  And convenient.

The Sudan, whose leaders are notorious for saying oe thing then doing another, cutting a deal then breaking it, did offer Osama to the US in a less than serious ploy to improve relations with the US.  But isn't it a little convenient that all of a sudden, they claim that not only was their offer serious, but they'd have gone even further than previoulsy thought!

All of this on the very same day that the US congress voted to officially call the atrocities in Darfur a "genocide".  Is it possible that this is another ploy to trick stupid American politicians into thinking the Sudan is no problem, in fact might even be a possible ally?  Shelby doesn't seem to think so.  He takes the Sudanese at their word.

So I shall leave it to you.  Is Shelby an idiot or a moron?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 12:01:03 AM »

I'll give you credit, you are basically admitting the whole "Clinton could've taken bin Laden from Sudan but he turned them down" talking point is crap.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 12:06:32 AM »

To some extent, I do think it is bogus.  The offer was made, but it should not have been taken seriously.  Had Clinton said yes, the Sudanese would have just balked and 9/11 still would have happenned.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 03:37:02 AM »

I'll give you credit, you are basically admitting the whole "Clinton could've taken bin Laden from Sudan but he turned them down" talking point is crap.

That matters not if you knew what I know.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »

That matters not if you knew what I know.

Yeah.  I never thought that turning down UBL would be small time stuff compared to anything.  I was wrong.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies