Californian Retirees making Mountain States more Republican
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:57:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Californian Retirees making Mountain States more Republican
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Californian Retirees making Mountain States more Republican  (Read 3297 times)
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:43:50 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2007, 12:47:15 AM by Jomy Marquis Shin »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-10-28-gop-west-1acover_x.htm

It's amazing how much things change in just a few years. Kootenai the most Republican county in Idaho... Growing Republican lead in voter registration in Colorado... "Strongly Republican" San Diego County... all bull now.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:01:01 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2007, 02:03:29 AM by Jesus »

Is this a news article? Every single person in the West has known this for years. People have been complaining about Californian migrants for decades.

Interestingly enough, my uncle was a cop in San Jose. He retired to Kootenai County. My mom thinks he hates blacks people. She even told me he had his kids make macaroni greeting cards for the Reagans.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 11:18:04 AM »

Is this a news article? Every single person in the West has known this for years. People have been complaining about Californian migrants for decades.

Interestingly enough, my uncle was a cop in San Jose. He retired to Kootenai County. My mom thinks he hates blacks people. She even told me he had his kids make macaroni greeting cards for the Reagans.
This is from 2002.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 12:06:11 PM »

This is from 2002.

since than NM, MT, and CO have elected democratic Govoners.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »

This is from 2002.

I know that. The authors of this article are probably eating sh**t right now.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »

Well at the time, the article made sense.

7 of the 8 Mountain states trended Republican in 1996, with only Arizona trending Democratic. Then in 2000, all again trended GOP except Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada.

But in 2004, the entire region trended Democratic except Utah and Arizona. It would seem the Mountain states are heading back towards the Democrats again.

The Mountain states seem to be pretty libertarian, and thus things like the Patriot Act, the war and domestic wiretapping probably aren't playing too well there.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 01:37:41 PM »

Well at the time, the article made sense.

7 of the 8 Mountain states trended Republican in 1996, with only Arizona trending Democratic. Then in 2000, all again trended GOP except Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada.

But in 2004, the entire region trended Democratic except Utah and Arizona. It would seem the Mountain states are heading back towards the Democrats again.

The Mountain states seem to be pretty libertarian, and thus things like the Patriot Act, the war and domestic wiretapping probably aren't playing too well there.
Most of us westerners have libertarian values. Indeed; Bush's policies don't fly too well here, besides in Utah (which probably is religious conservative).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 01:48:21 PM »

Harhar, all conservatives hate black people Tongue
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »

Well I thought it was funny since he retired to Northern Idaho. Wink
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »

What's really funny is that they seem to like places with little to no diversity.

And just a question: are California retirees making the states they move into more Republican, or Democratic?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-10-28-gop-west-1acover_x.htm

It's amazing how much things change in just a few years. Kootenai the most Republican county in Idaho... Growing Republican lead in voter registration in Colorado... "Strongly Republican" San Diego County... all bull now.
I live in this county, and is not that Republican. It is actually one of the most Democratic counties, in Idaho.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »

What's really funny is that they seem to like places with little to no diversity.

And just a question: are California retirees making the states they move into more Republican, or Democratic?
More Republican, but many young people from California, will in the long run, make North Idaho more Democratic.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »

Oh yeah and they said Kootnei used to be the most Democratic county in Idaho, which is lie.

Shoshone, Latah, Bonner, and Nez Pearce have always been the most Democratic, and Kootnei was always voting the same as the rest of Idaho.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 02:26:36 AM »

Which is why Vermont is the new Republican juggernaut, with Maine and New Hampshire close behind.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 02:31:13 AM »

Which is why Vermont is the new Republican juggernaut, with Maine and New Hampshire close behind.

OH NOES

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 12:43:35 PM »
« Edited: August 07, 2007, 12:46:07 PM by Angry_Weasel »

This is from 2002.

Don't Forget AZ and WY! LOL!!! That makes int 5-3.

...and I know my red state family hates black people. It's always N-this and N-that.

OH NOES

...and how does like 10 EVs destroy a rule? LOL. Also, Northern New England is close to Eastern Canada. That probably has a lot to do with the situation. Idaho is close to Oilberta, not Canada.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »

There'll always be states that buck the trend.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 02:01:39 PM »

...and being close to Quebec AND Boston is why.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies