New Details on Tillman's Death

(1/2) > >>

nlm:
New Details on Tillman's Death

By MARTHA MENDOZA
The Associated Press
Friday, July 27, 2007; 1:48 AM

SAN FRANCISCO -- Army medical examiners were suspicious about the close proximity of the three bullet holes in Pat Tillman's forehead and tried without success to get authorities to investigate whether the former NFL player's death amounted to a crime, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

"The medical evidence did not match up with the, with the scenario as described," a doctor who examined Tillman's body after he was killed on the battlefield in Afghanistan in 2004 told investigators.

The doctors _ whose names were blacked out _ said that the bullet holes were so close together that it appeared the Army Ranger was cut down by an M-16 fired from a mere 10 yards or so away.

Ultimately, the Pentagon did conduct a criminal investigation, and asked Tillman's comrades whether he was disliked by his men and whether they had any reason to believe he was deliberately killed. The Pentagon eventually ruled that Tillman's death at the hands of his comrades was a friendly-fire accident.

The medical examiners' suspicions were outlined in 2,300 pages of testimony released to the AP this week by the Defense Department in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

more at......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/26/AR2007072602025.html

nlm:
Soooooooooo,

Pat Tillman, the gung-ho NFL football player that dropped his career to go fight the war of terror only to later conclude that the invasion of Iraq was illegal and become a critic of George W. Bush, appears to have been killed not only by friendly fire but by close range friendly fire - 3 tightly massed bullet wounds to the forehead fired from under 10 yards. His personal diary was burned for reasons that remain "unknown" and an organized effort to cover up the cause of his death was put in place by the military with some indications that the chain of command may stretch alway to the top. Once the "Tillman died a hero's death" story fell apart, another version was presented - and that seems to be falling apart as well.

The circumstances surround this are beyond suspicious - but even if those suspicons lead no where, this is an extremely shabby manner to treat a fallen soldier and his living family.

I find myself wondering what a living Pat Tillman could have achieved, if he came home prior to the 2004 election like he was scheduled to, and spoke his mind publicly and backed the Presidential bid of John Kerry.

??????????:
Such an event wouldn't be a first in the history of the US military.

nlm:
Quote from: States'Raats on July 28, 2007, 08:34:57 AM

Such an event wouldn't be a first in the history of the US military.

Really, maybe I'm missing something - when has a famous US Soldier that the President held out as a true patriot been executed at close range by friendly fire shotly after turning against the political views of said President, had his execution covered up by the military, his writings burned, the investigation of his murder closed before it was even opened, been awarded the silver star by said President based on a false story, and had a secondary cover-up put in place by the military once their first set of lies fell apart. When has this happened before?

??????????:
I don't know about the first part of the speculation in your post but I do know that several times in American history soldiers have been shot in battle from friendly fire and a heroic story was created in order to cover up an accident. Yeah, it's crummy and it happens, but I don't see it changing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page