NY: Spitzer's Aides Cited by New York AG for Use of Police to Tarnish Bruno

(1/6) > >>

Sam Spade:
This is pretty much the big political news out of NY today.  I posted a couple of days ago on the SUSA Governor's Approval ratings thread that Spitzer was doing the wrong things in trying to antagonize and thus reenergize a demoralized state Republican party and it showed in his approval rating being only 53-38.  I got the usual hackish posts, but that's to be expected.  :P

And now this - which looks like the classic "dirty trick" in action.  Amazing to me is how Spitzer could manage to make himself look much worse than Bruno in this situation - that took some serious work on his part.  Also, it's kind of amusing (and ironic) that Spitzer's aides were tripped up over e-mail records (going back to Spitzer's days as AG).

Granted, I still support Spitzer (although neutral on his job performance) and would support him over Bloomberg any day of the week, but I suspect this one is going to inflict some decent political damage.  I'm curious as people's opinions on this one, specifically those in the NY tri-state area.

I'm also curious as to whether this improves Cuomo's standing and whether it makes it more likely Bloomberg runs for Gov. in 2010 (asssuming no quioxitic ventures into the 2008 Prez race)

The NY Times article are fairly good on this one, so I'll post it for those unfamiliar with the story

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/nyregion/24spitzer.html?ref=nyregion

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/nyregion/24governor.html?_r=1&ref=nyregion&oref=slogin

Keystone Phil:
Dem hacks: "But...but...Spitzer will be popular forever! LOL @ FASO, PIRRO, LAZIO, ETC.!!!"

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Quote from: Sen. Keystone Phil on July 24, 2007, 04:38:22 PM

Dem hacks: "But...but...Spitzer will be popular forever! LOL @ FASO, PIRRO, LAZIO, ETC.!!!"

And yet Faso, Pirro or Lazio are not going to ever be Governor.

YRABNNRM:
Quote from: The Tie That Binds on July 24, 2007, 08:32:56 PM

Quote from: Sen. Keystone Phil on July 24, 2007, 04:38:22 PM

And yet Faso, Pirro or Lazio are not going to ever be Governor.

And they are jokes.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
For the record, Spitzer still has a higher approval rating, and a far higher net approval rating than Pawlenty, who Republicans such as Phil seem to believe is the equivalent of a political God in Minnesota for some inexplicable reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page