SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:40:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings  (Read 6179 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 20, 2007, 03:46:49 PM »

What's with Jim Doyle's low numbers?

He's never been liked at all, people just liked him better than his Republican opponants (which is why he became "popular" around election time).
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 05:18:05 PM »

I gotta admit Doyle's numbers scare me. (could this mean the Republicans will pick up the governor's mansion in 2010?)

The Republicans just need the right candidate. They had Tommy Thompson beating Doyle in 2006 with in the upper 50's. If they would have somebody like him (or Tommy himself) they could win.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 07:20:32 AM »

I gotta admit Doyle's numbers scare me. (could this mean the Republicans will pick up the governor's mansion in 2010?)

Doyle was about that unpopular in August 2006, too. His numbers picked up before the election because Wisconsin wasn't prepared to elect Green, either. He'd have to actually get involved in a scandal to drop lower, though.

Besides what I said already, members of his cabinet are already in scandals and he hasn't done alot or what a lot of people want him to do. He also said he won't sign anything to reinstate the death penalty even though we voted that we wanted it last November.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »

He also said he won't sign anything to reinstate the death penalty even though we voted that we wanted it last November.

Good guy - Approve Smiley

Eventually doing that (going against what most people in the state wants) will hurt him enough. Hopefully that will be in 2010.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »

He also said he won't sign anything to reinstate the death penalty even though we voted that we wanted it last November.

Good guy - Approve Smiley

Eventually doing that (going against what most people in the state wants) will hurt him enough. Hopefully that will be in 2010.
If I recall correctly, he wasn't really popular at all. People just didnt want a republican. Anyway.. I doubt he will run in 2010, he will probably be primaried.

Yes he was never popular, but the Republicans just need to put up the right person to beat him. Get Tommy Thompson to run against him in 2010, he could easily win a fifth term.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 09:53:31 AM »

In Wisconsin, I hope Doyle doesnt run again in '10.  I thing LG Barbara Lawton will be a great governor... and I think she'd beat any GOPer.

If Tommy Thompson runs (hopefully) she'd be toast.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »

In Wisconsin, I hope Doyle doesnt run again in '10.  I thing LG Barbara Lawton will be a great governor... and I think she'd beat any GOPer.

He cant afford to resign from the presidency just 1 year in, can he? Wink Grin

Bah, you know he (unfortunatly) won't win the Republican nomination. Cry
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 10:40:11 AM »

Don't the Wisconsin Republicans have anyone to run besides this loser? How long has he been out of office? Christ, get some fresh blood.

There's plenty of people on both sides though nobody is really well known. And why wouldn't you try to run the strongest Republican in the state if you could? That would be stupid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies