SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:10:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SurveyUSA July 2007 Governor Approval Ratings  (Read 6206 times)
Conan
conan

« on: July 20, 2007, 05:04:28 AM »

IA - Chet Culver: 56-38
This is great. Chet Culver should run for senate in 2010.... This can only help dems win the state in 2010 too.

KS - Kathleen Sebelius: 70-28
Take that Bill O'Reilly!

NM - Bill Richardson: 65-32
Since I want to promote Biden to SoS, he should just run for senate in 2008 too. He won't though. Idiot.

NY - Eliot Spitzer: 53-38
These are pretty low for Spitzer.

OH - Ted Strickland: 58-32
Dem column 2008, can only help!

VA - Tim Kaine: 60-34
Let's keep VA going blue.

Conan
conan

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:43:22 AM »

Spitzer has been overplaying his hand, appearing like a bully against the Senate Republicans and allowing those Republicans to form an alliance with Bloomberg.  I expect certain others to chime in differently, but at present he is losing that battle politically.

I can't really understand why he's giving a demoralized NY GOP anything to actually fight for at this point.  Being a little more concillatory would probably have strengthened his hand (and he would have gotten more passed).

In short, the honeymoon is over.  These numbers are not surprising.

Blunt's numbers may be an outlier, maybe not.  People have been writing him off too quickly, like Daniels, even though I find amusing writing the conclusion for the IN race on polls that are at least 9 months old.
Bloomberg has always had an alliance with the Republican senate. Anyway.... Spitzer has already picked up 1 assembly republican seat (party switcher) and won a senate seat for the dems.
Conan
conan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 06:28:12 PM »

I gotta admit Doyle's numbers scare me. (could this mean the Republicans will pick up the governor's mansion in 2010?)
He also said he won't sign anything to reinstate the death penalty even though we voted that we wanted it last November.

Good guy - Approve Smiley

Eventually doing that (going against what most people in the state wants) will hurt him enough. Hopefully that will be in 2010.
If I recall correctly, he wasn't really popular at all. People just didnt want a republican. Anyway.. I doubt he will run in 2010, he will probably be primaried.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies