WA-Governor-08: Gregoire (D) ahead of Rossi (R) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:21:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA-Governor-08: Gregoire (D) ahead of Rossi (R) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-Governor-08: Gregoire (D) ahead of Rossi (R)  (Read 3268 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« on: July 20, 2007, 05:49:12 AM »

I would expect Governor Gregiore to win re-election probably over Dino Rossi. If he does win the Republican primary, it'll just be a campaign to stay that the Washington Governorship was robbed from him the last time. And now he want's to get what's really his.

Ron Sims, King County Executive, is planning to challenge Governor Gregiore for the Democratic Gubernatorial primary. I highly doubt he'd win. However, he could spark a liberal leaning Independent candidacy, but this probably wouldn't damage the Gregiore campaign.

My prediction:

Gregoire (D) 53%
Rossi (R) 45%
Others 2%

A Primary challenge would damage her in the general election though.  What does Sims think he's doing?!  Does he want Rossi to win after all?
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 05:18:31 PM »

Iowa elected only Republican Governors from 1968 to 1998 or something like that.  Obviously most Southern states only began electing Republican Governors comparatively recently - Georgia did not elect any in the twentieth century (apart from the contested 1966 race).  In this case, my prediction:

WASHINGTON GOVERNOR
Gregoire (D) 52%
Rossi (R) 45%

WASHINGTON PRESIDENT
Clinton (D) 54%
Thompson (R) 43%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies