israel, the wall, and the joke that is the 'world court' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:26:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  israel, the wall, and the joke that is the 'world court' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: israel, the wall, and the joke that is the 'world court'  (Read 6095 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: July 24, 2004, 04:48:43 PM »

The only fair was is to go back to the 1948 borders.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 06:48:50 PM »

Which 1948 borders?  There were several different truces in 1948 with the boundaries different each time.  If you mean the partition boundary that was announced in 1947, its probably best to refer to that as the partition line or the 1947 border, altho the split between Arab abd Isaeli-controlled territory never fell along those lines.  The partition line might be the de jure border (I don't know; I'm not an expert in international law.), but it never was and never will be the de facto border.  There is no way Israel would agree to the partion line now unless it was losing a war and there is no way that the Arabs would settle for it if they were winning a war.  The 1949-1967 border with some mutually agreed modifications is the only possible basis for peace in the region.  Unfortunately, the possible might be impossible as well.

The government of Israel owes my family members hundreds of thousands of dollars for theft of rightly owned land. I could care less about Israel either way until this situation is resolved. And you can tell me that they are "Gods People" or whatever but they can't even prove their Jewish heritage as the majority are Eastern Europeans and not real Jews.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 07:06:08 PM »

M I must tell you a story about what happened to my family. Jewish extremists came to the house of one of my great uncles. They told him to immediately leave his home or they would rape all the women in the household. This is a true story and this disgusts me about the history or the Israelie military. Also, Israel has never apologized for the USS Liberty.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 07:56:47 PM »

StatesRights, that is a truly terrible story, and the perpetrators of this crime are to be condemned. However, terribel things do happen in wartime; the Greco-Turkish exchange was also far from clean, not to mention what the Romans did to Carthage. Terrible as it is, not every hidtorical wrong can be undone, or you end u with a real cycle of violence. Our goal as humans should be to prevent more bad things from happening, and ISrael has a responsibility to protect its citizens from terror. After all, when an Arab man kills a Jewish baby, it does not matter if her great uncle mudered his grandmother. They are both now dead.

I find that both sides have lots of blood on their hands and both are guilty of some of the most disgusting crimes. My great aunt is Hanan Ashwari. I don't know if you ever heard of her but she worked for Arafat and wrote a book which is actually pretty good. The Palestinians do deserve a land to call their own and I hope one day they can get it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 10:02:35 PM »

I have indeed heard of her. I was rather impressed with her comments yesterday that Arafat is too corrupt and thuggish, and that Abu Ala can not simply do nothing and then blame Arafat. I personally agree with you that there should eventually be a Palestinian State west of the Jordan as well as a secure and Jewish Israel; the famed "two-state" solution.

It seems we largely meet on the middle with exception to some more minor policy disputes. I hope our leaders make the same decision. The war is not giving anyone anything but pain, and it's time to find a compromise we can all live with.

The part I find most disgusting, on the Israeli side, is the leveling of civilian houses and businesses and their has been far to much "collatoral" damage for my liking.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:15:02 PM »

My problem with the Palestinian resistance is when they started going after "soft" or civilian targets. Whatever you want to call it. I would have preferred them to attack military units only if they wanted to resist. Under no circumstances do I ever think civilians should ever be targeted.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 11:35:16 PM »

Do you consider Israeli settlers, incluing babies, infirm,  and elderly,  living across the green line military or civilian?

Civilian of course. I'm not bandit73. Wink Though I don't think they have the right to be on that land.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 11:41:30 PM »

Well, good for you! Most Palestinians are either for hitting everything, hitting military and settlers, or hitting nothing. The distinction you draw is rare Over There.

Like I said. I like my grandmother am rather moderate on the whole issue. She wants a free Palestine as much as any of her people but see she is a Christian who was born in Ramallah and she feels though the muslims are mostly good people they have been taken over by the nutters. She used to have a very high opinion of Arafat but thinks he's gone to far with his ideas. I never met my great aunt YET but my grandmother and her sisters have and they've been over to Ramallah in the early 90s and say it was absolutely beautiful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies