Barack Obama is doomed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:04:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Barack Obama is doomed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Barack Obama is doomed  (Read 6433 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

Yeah, I do.

Culture is not static - it is subjective - there is no "right" or "wrong", only what you perceive.

Haha...if Obama is the nominee I will love to see how well he does out here in Ohio and down there in ole' Mississippi.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

Despite a right-wing President, this crap continues with the music with obscene verses and gangster rap.

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot! You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

Yeah, I do.

Culture is not static - it is subjective - there is no "right" or "wrong", only what you perceive.

Haha...if Obama is the nominee I will love to see how well he does out here in Ohio and down there in ole' Mississippi.

I don't think any democrat is going to play well in Mississippi - so that's moot, and their reason for not voting for him (based on your premise) says a HELL of a lot more about the voters than him.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

Yeah, I do.

I don't think any democrat is going to play well in Mississippi - so that's moot, and their reason for not voting for him (based on your premise) says a HELL of a lot more about the voters than him.

The fact that he is an inexperienced liberal Senator?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 02:47:56 PM »

Yeah, I do.

Don't get me wrong, I have SERIOUS concerns over his experience (which is why he's #4 on my list of running dems). But your premise had nothing to do with his experience or political positions.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 02:50:39 PM »

Yeah, I do.

Don't get me wrong, I have SERIOUS concerns over his experience (which is why he's #4 on my list of running dems). But your premise had nothing to do with his experience or political positions.

Of course it did, what else would it be?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 02:54:58 PM by Reluctant Republican »

Wow, she's kinda a MILF. Love the hair.

As for the topic, it's stupid yes, but it brings up a good point. I don't think Obama will play well in middle America. He just came out in favor of sex ed for Kindergartners. I don't have a probelm with this, but I can't imagine that's going to play well to families in this country. I think Hillary will portray herself as possesing "heartland values" and will win the nomination and likely the presidency.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 02:58:14 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 02:59:47 PM by oaksmarts »

I don't get what a right-wing President has to do with anything.  Honestly Naso, I don't see how people like you can sleep at night with your fascist ideas of banning what kind of music can be played on some kid's iPod or ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: YOU BETTER NOT BE WEARING A HOODIE AND COOL SHADES!  If people stopped buying "music with obscene verses and gangster rap" or kids wanted to go see a movie with Alvin and the Chipmunks dressed like they are off to a prom in 1952, then it would all disappear, but it's what other people want to be entertained by... OH WAIT, I'm sorry. I forgot!
You believe father knows best when it comes to culture!

You've changed your argument three times.  First it was because of his inexperience, then it was because of black "gangsta rap", and now it's back to his inexperience. 

Yeah, I do.

Of course it did, what else would it be?

You've changed your argument three times.  First it was because of his inexperience, then it was because of black "gangsta rap", and now it's back to his inexperience. 
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 03:13:03 PM »

I voted for an African American man last November. It's simple. He's inexperienced and liberal.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »

Yeah and we all know Ken Blackwell was spectacular.  *rolls eyes*

In my opinion the more experience you have the more corrupt you probably are. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »

Does that mean he isn't black or something?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 03:29:36 PM »

Can you believe oaksmarts, Phil? He's bashing me for voting for an African American. I believe in equal rights and opportunity...apparently oaksmart is a racist.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 03:31:17 PM »

Can you believe oaksmarts, Phil? He's bashing me for voting for an African American. I believe in equal rights and opportunity...apparently oaksmart is a racist.

Naso, you do say some ridiculous things. I was just pointing out one of oaksmarts' ridiculous comments, not necessarily defending you.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »

Naso, you do say some ridiculous things. I was just pointing out one of oaksmarts' ridiculous comments, not necessarily defending you.

Phil, don't play politics.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 03:36:15 PM »

Oh yeah...let's elect a black man to the office.........

Remind me how the above is talking about inexperience and liberalism.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 03:37:51 PM »

No you voted for the conservative republican candidate for governor... who happened to be black.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

This thread is embarrassing.

By all means let's have the government regulate what kind of clothing the Chipmunks can wear.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 03:43:53 PM »

No you voted for the conservative republican candidate for governor... who happened to be black.

If the argument was that Naso is truly racist then voting for a black man negates that. Racism is a burning hatred. No one with such hatred could vote for someone they are "supposed to" hate.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 03:45:24 PM »

If the argument was that Naso is truly racist then voting for a black man negates that. Racism is a burning hatred. No one with such hatred could vote for someone they are "supposed to" hate.

Who's accused Naso of being racist in this thread?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 03:48:58 PM »

Who's accused Naso of being racist in this thread?

I was following Naso's point about how he voted for a black man last year and assumed people were getting on his case, calling him a racist, because of some of his comments (which many in the past have argued were racist). My mistake.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 03:52:10 PM »

I certianly wasn't saying Naso is a racist. He didn't vote for Blackwell as a black man, he voted for him because he was the conservative republican.

It's a bit like that line out of Cruel Intentions when the very snooty WASP says "Don't give me any of that racist crap, my husband and I gave to Colin Powell"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2007, 03:54:12 PM »

I certianly wasn't saying Naso is a racist. He didn't vote for Blackwell as a black man, [quote]

Not that anyone should do that, of course. I don't vote for white candidates because they are white. Blacks shouldn't vote for black candidates simply because they are black.

Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2007, 04:00:10 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2007, 04:02:23 PM by oaksmarts »

Oh please.  I wasn't bashing you for voting for an African American, I was bashing you because you made it sound like you voted for him just because he was black.  There's obviously nothing wrong with supporting an African American, but to say that you're such a great person for voting for a black man is ridiculous.  I vote for candidates based on their ideology and stance on the issues, not because of the color of their skin.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2007, 04:04:35 PM »

Oh please.  I wasn't bashing you for voting for an African American, I was bashing you because you made it sound like you voted for him just because he was black.  There's obviously nothing wrong with supporting an African American, but to say that you're such a great person for voting for a black man is ridiculous.  I vote for candidates based on their ideology and stance on the issues, not because of the color of their skin.

So, Senator "Bill" Obama, a 45 year old white man from Illinois, elected in 2004. Would he be running in 2008 for President?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »

So, Senator "Bill" Obama, a 45 year old white man from Illinois, elected in 2004. Would he be running in 2008 for President?

Naso, you make an excellent point but if you're going to bring it up, bring it up as a different topic. You're skipping around from one thing to another.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 04:17:03 PM »

Since when did I say I supported Barack Obama because he was black?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies