Hilarious blast from the past (CARLHAYDEN shows what a joke he is!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 09:29:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hilarious blast from the past (CARLHAYDEN shows what a joke he is!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hilarious blast from the past (CARLHAYDEN shows what a joke he is!)  (Read 5706 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:38:35 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2007, 07:54:35 PM by Ebowed »

Title: Modu
Post by: CARLHAYDEN on May 20, 2007, 12:52:07 am
Over the past couple of years I have found Modu to be one of the most obnoxious posters on this forum, but could not put my finger on exactly why I found him so irritating.  Well, I did a little investigating and, here is a small part of the results:

1. On February 26, 2007, in response to States Rights post on the thread “Illegal Alien tries to Kidnap Manatee County child,” rather than expressing relief that the child had escaped his kidnapper without serious physical harm (a normal response) Modu quibbled about whether the alien who kidnaped him was “illegal.”

Well, contrary to Modu’s quibbling, he was an illegal alien, one Vincente Ignacio Beltran-Moreno,

Also, am I the only one to note the haha so prominent in Modu’s postings?  Do you think he was the basis for the character Nelson on the Simpsons?

2. On August 21, 2006 Modu gave further evidence of his compassion.  In the “Pray aloud gets man jailed” thread, Modu declared (based on nothing) that “he needed to have a permit”...and ”he did break the law.”  When subsequently called on that false statement, he sort of backed off on it.  Of course, no sympathy expressed by Modu for the victims of police abuse.

3. On November 2, 2005 Modu further expressed his opposition to freedom of speech in the “A vote for Free Speech thread.”  He believes that speech must be regulated.  He was supported by Opebo and opposed (quite eloquently) by Emsworth and several others.  Yes, as long as the “right” people are silenced, Modu is all for it, having no sympathy with others.

4. Now, I don’t want to paint Modu as some kind of curmudgeon who dislikes everyone.  The truth is that he not only has an incredible liking for George W. Bush, but he was one of the few on this forum to approve of Harriet Miers for the Associate Justice nomination (see, Do you support Bush’s AJ pick?”} Of course, neither Bush nor Miers are the hoi polloi like the Manatee County child or the man arrested for praying aloud, so Modu sympathizes with them.

5. In the thread “The immigration debate is over,” modu not only continued his defense of George W. Bush (one of the consistencies in his posts), but tried his version of the side step by attempting to change the subject.  Jfern, John Ford and TexasGurl took him to task for his evasiveness. Interesting pattern, John Dibble defending Modu.  Hmm.

Aside.  Even more posts where Dibble expresses his liking for Modu. “Five posterz...”.  Hmmmm.

6. In the “They want to fence us in,” thread Modu continued his opposition to border security.  He sounded like George W. Bush in his opposition to implementing the law passed on this matter.  Oh, and yes, now that you mention it, Bush and Nelson share a lot of similarities.  They’re both ignorant, prone to the use of violence, and enjoy the suffering of others (particularly if they get to inflict the suffering).

7. Now, to give the devil (and Modu specifically) his due, Modu did correctly note in the “illegal immigration fix” thread on May 6, 2006, that “that crappy Senate bill wanted to reward illegals with permanent residence or citizen ship within 4 years if they could verify their limited number of years or working in the country.  Sheesh...never pays to follow the rules in this county anymore.”  This may explain his support for this year’s amnesty bill which rewards illegals with permanent residence.  I guess he no longer believes in following the rules.

8.  For those interested in the epitome of Modu, I recommend you read the “Re: More facts on illegal aliens “ thread.  Now, on that thread  I noted that Modu had previously (on another thread) “A snapshot of illegal aliens” in Reply # 5 on May 26, 2006 at 10:33:29 pm, Modu stated “oh will you shut up...”  Now, on June 6, 2006 at 12:40:20 pm, in Reply #51 on the “Re:” thread, Modu alleged I said it!  Eventually, on Reply #55 Modu (to his credit) admitted to his error, after I refused to be intimidated by false claims.

9.When Jfern (to his credit) pointed out in the thread that “Bush denies anti-terror funding to NYC” that the budget cut would endanger New York City, Modu’s reply was a facetious “Oh no....it’s the end of the world!  Funding was cut back...how will the cities ever cope without Federal handouts?!??!”  I always thought that national defense was primarily a legitimate function of the federal (national) government, and that defending our people was a good idea, but Modu REALLY supports Bush.

More to come...

Title: Re: Modu
Post by: CARLHAYDEN on May 20, 2007, 01:23:26 am

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are you trying to imply that we're one in the same or something of that nature?[/quote]

Just noting an interesting correlation I had not previously suspected.

Modu appears to be the leading George W. Bush advocate on this forum (haven't completed my study yet) and you appear to be the leading defender of Modu.

Modu likes more government, and most Libertarians claim to favor less government.

Hmm.

You explain it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »

CARLHAYDEN
Re: Modu
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 03:01:32 pm »

Before I get to the second installment of words of wisdom from Modu, let me note that I have no objection to having this thread moved for another board on this forum.

Part 2

9. Now Modu has been charming in so many of his posts.  When Shira made an observation on illegal ‘immigrants (the Bill O’reilly and the German illegal immigrants thread), Modu’s response was “Who cares what one person thinks?”

10. When Lunar (a poster with whom I disagreed on some items, but liked and respected) Modu’s response to lunar’s description of his ordeal in the “Justice is Flawed: Lunar’s Two and a Half Days in Jail” was “Don’t do drugs.”  Now my response to the horror’s which Lunar so well described was “Sorry to hear about your situation.  Unfortunately, some law enforcement departments take advantage of ‘out of towners.’” I guess I just am not as compassionate asModu.

11. Now, the outrageous behavior of the police cited by Lunar (violation of basic civil liberties) was to the Modu/Dibble team quite ok.  Dibble though it was “nothing” and Modu said that denial of right to make a telephone call, etc (described by Lunar) is apparently appropriate “punishment for breaking the law.”  See, “Re: Do you have sympathy for lunar?” thread.

12. Now, lets be clear, Modu not only believes that people should be deprived of their civil liberties if they are charged with being involved somehow with illegal drugs, but he also dislikes people having the right to keep and bear arms.  In the “Re: The Big Lie on the Assault Weapons Ban” he advocated restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, suggesting that “the ban would be the beginning (of the process) in the US, limiting owners to single shot or semi’s only.  As a result, the ban would have to undergo revisions in order to get to that end, however, you cannot reach a goal if you do not take the first step.”  So, if you own a repeating lever action, bolt action, pump action firearm, well, loveable Modu has stated that you should be deprived of it.

13. Now Modu also believes that the legal system should be used for political purposes.  In the thread “Michael Moore being sued by Iraq Veteran” he supported the suit even though he acknowledged that “I never said her would win.”

14. Now Modu is smart enough to remove some of his more outrageous comments (see Reply 51 on “Re: The Second Amendment” thread.  So, he can make extremely outrageous comments, and they play Bart Simpson by removing the original statement and claiming that you can’t prove he said it!

15. Now, Modu is a long time practitioner of change the subject.  Sometimes it gets bizarre.  Check out his Reply #2 to agcatter’s post on the “Re; Bush is the problem” thread on May 30, 2006.

16.  Now, for those who maintain that Modu doesn’t engage in attacks on others, I suggest you read his attack on JFern in the “Re: Are 58% of Americans radical left wingers?” thread, reply #25on July 7, 2006.

17. In the thread “New poll on illegal immigration” in my reply #22, I noted that Bush was not enforcing existing immigration laws, and suggested that if you don’t like existing laws you should change them rather than ignore them.  Modu’s response was typically strange.  “*dies laughin* I give you credit for trying.”  I don’t know whether he is trying to state his belief that laws one doesn’t like should simply be ignored, or whether he is disputing that Bush doesn’t believe in enforcing immigration laws.

18. Now, I’m no fan of Alcon, but, he raised a point about “Issue Importance” which Modu replied to inanely that “all of these can be done at once,” in his reply #8.  No ‘smiley’ followed that statement.

19.  Now, Modu has never blanched at making patently false statements.  In “Re: Border Security; Dean and Clinton for, Bush and McCain against, in Reply #3 Modu first states that there are three categories people fall into on the debate over what to do with illegal aliens.  He described the three categories as:

a.) those that think illegals should be tried as criminals,
b.) those that just want to send them home, and
c.) those that want to integrate them into society.

He want on to aver that “Bush being in the second group...”

Talk about the big lie!

20. In denying reality, and engaging in name calling, no one can take a back seat to Modu.  He endorsed the following statement: “The NRA is paranoid.  No one is going to take their guns away.”  The truth is, that in the state of Louisiana they already had, which is what prompted the e effort discussed in the thread “Re: NRA Launches Campaign Demanding Pledge Not to Confiscate Guns in Times of Crisis.”

21.  Now Modu also has some very definite views on who should be allowed to unionize.  In “Re: If Kerry gets elected...” in reply #30 he stated “Government employees should not have the right to unionize...”

More coming in a third installment...

jamespol
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 03:15:22 pm »

BushOklahoma will be on later tonight to settle this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:41:27 PM »

Thank you for saving this!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 06:43:01 PM »

CARLHAYDEN
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 04:55:18 pm »

Here's the third installment:

22. Now, Modu has been all over the map on border security.  In one post Re: Time is NOW for Bush to close the border,” Modu declares “there is no possible way to close the border.”  Well, I guess if you oppose fences, as Modu has on other threads, and believe that border patrol personnel should be intimidated into looking the other way when drug smugglers appear, then there is no way to close the border.  Oh, and when on another thread on this subject Modu referred to adding more buses to deal with the situation, I don't think many people realized that what he meant was more buses to import aliens into the United States.

23. But, Modu’s ability to predict future events is, well, #@$%^. Consider “The indictment prediction thread.”  In it Nickshep predicted (and I agreed) that Libby would be indicted.  Modu however predicted, “No indictments.  Just a lengthy report.”

24.  Now, back in August of 2006 Emsworth and I (and others) were concerned about the Bush administration gutting the military medical system.  Modu of course defended the Bush position.  Well, we know just what that position was now! 

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:08:26 pm by CARLHAYDEN »

CARLHAYDEN
May 20, 2007, 10:07:10 pm

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Alcon, did you read Dave's post on not creating phony quotes from other posters?
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »

I feel better about posting on this forum (It's now almost 1AM here) after reading that.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

I still laugh at Carl over this.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 07:12:02 PM »

carl did good research!

man, this is too funny.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2007, 07:16:49 PM by Boris »

I still can't believe that any actual human being would go through all the time to research and post this. Only to be then subsequently laughed at and ridiculed by the entire forum.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »

Heh, classic.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 07:19:47 PM »

carl did good research!

man, this is too funny.

Actually, if you research some of them, you'll see he got them wrong (which is why he didn't quote them).  That's what makes it more funny.  That, and he wasted three hours on a good weekend doing it.  hahaha
Friz
thad_l
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: -9.74

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 10:40:38 PM »

Gold!
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 08:45:01 PM »

LOL CARLHAYDEN
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:31:47 PM »

Elbowed is the most obnoxious in my opinion.

No one cares what you think because you're a racist.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 09:33:05 PM »

Oh I just love it when libs call people they can't debate with racist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:34:27 PM »

If you post on Stormfront, you are racist.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 09:35:50 PM »

Correct as usual, BRTD!
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 09:36:32 PM »

Elbowed is the most obnoxious in my opinion.

No one cares what you think because you're a racist.
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »

I do not post there and that does not make someone a racist. I find leftist to be more despiceble than white nationalist though because the want to impose there will on othere while WN's just want to be left alone.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »

I do not post there and that does not make someone a racist. I find leftist to be more despiceble than white nationalist though because the want to impose there will on othere while WN's just want to be left alone.

That must be why in "The Turner Diaries" they describe a dream scenario in which they carry out ethnic cleansing of all minorities from America and a "Day of the Rope" where they rape and hang white women known to have interracial relations hanging a sign above them "I defiled my race".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 09:54:13 PM »

Here's another prominent example of white nationalists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Order_%28group%29

In order to fund their goals, the Mathews-led Order committed a series of violent crimes. Their first criminal effort was unspectacular: the robbery of a sex shop, which netted them less than $400. Afterwards, the Order were much more effective, committing several lucrative bank robberies, as well as bombing theaters and synagogues. The Order ran a large counterfeiting operation, and executed a series of armored car robberies, including one in Ukiah, California that netted $3.8 million.[3]

After being arrested on counterfeiting charges, one member of The Order informed FBI agents of the group's membership roll and its methods. Based on this information, authorities were able to track down Mathews in December, 1984.[2] He was living in a cabin on Whidbey Island and he refused to surrender to the FBI. During a shootout, the cabin became engulfed in flames and Mathews was killed.[2] Currently Mathews is held in high esteem by some within the white nationalist subculture.[4][5]

The Order drew up a hit list of enemies, and on June 18, 1984 radio talk show host Alan Berg was murdered in front of his home by members of The Order.[6] Berg was number two on The Order's list.[7] Berg's murder and the subsequent trial formed the basis of Steven Dietz's 1988 play God's Country, and also loosely inspired Eric Bogosian's play Talk Radio (later adapted into a film by Oliver Stone) and the movie Betrayed. A fictional version of the story was also the subject of the movie Brotherhood of Murder.[3]

Hmmm, these guys just wanted to be left alone?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 09:55:56 PM »

I bet those racists in Louisiana who hung nooses from a tree wanted to be "left alone", too, BRTD.  After all, racists just want to exterminate every non-white person from the planet.  That's pretty pacifist, right...?
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 09:57:19 PM »

those are racist not WN's. I'm neither.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »

Yes you do. This has been documented and you have even admitted to it on this forum before.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 10:50:34 PM »

We can't really trust anything this guy says.  I certainly don't believe his claims that he isn't a racist!
Governor PiT
Robert Stark

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 11:36:22 PM »

You support Afirmative Action which is racist. I don't support any racial discrimination. nobody should have to prove there not racist unless they flaunt their racist views.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies