Why do Democrats hate Bill Maher so much?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:39:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why do Democrats hate Bill Maher so much?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why do Democrats hate Bill Maher so much?  (Read 667 times)
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 29, 2024, 09:40:43 PM »

I don’t get why liberals/Democrats hate Bill Maher so much. He’s been consistently right. He won’t us that Trump would not concede. He warned us that Biden running again would be a disaster. He warned us that the debate would be a disaster for Biden
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 09:56:14 PM »

He hurts people’s feelings by telling the truth.

Lots of modern Democrats think “Be Kind” is the most important thing in the world, even if it leads to objectively terrible outcomes like allowing a fascist to try to take over the government because it might be mean to tell an old man he’s past his prime, or refusing to criticize a religion responsible for the mutilation and slavery of millions of poor minority women. Bill refuses to engage in this BS, he’s an old school Democrat like me, and that’s why I love him and watch every week even though I don’t always agree with him.

Bill really should get more credit for being the only one to sound the alarm bell about Trump never conceding from day 1. He is the real modern Cassandra.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 09:57:30 PM »

bcuz hes on TV, and the lamestream media is always lyin!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2024, 09:57:33 PM »

he only agrees with them on 89% of things so not pure enough
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2024, 09:58:05 PM »

Lots of modern Democrats think “Be Kind” is the most important thing in the world, even if it leads to objectively terrible outcomes like allowing a fascist to try to take over the government because it might be mean to tell an old man he’s past his prime, or refusing to criticize a religion responsible for the mutilation and slavery of millions of poor minority women. Bill refuses to engage in this BS, he’s an old school Democrat like me, and that’s why I love him and watch every week even though I don’t always agree with him.
It's absolutely insane how Democrats, even on this site, treat Maher and Carville like they're senile old men yelling at clouds, even though they consistently keep being proven right.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2024, 10:00:24 PM »

It's absolutely insane how Democrats, even on this site, treat Maher and Carville like they're senile old men yelling at clouds, even though they consistently keep being proven right.

Because they don’t care about objective facts even if they are directly proven right in front of them and are logically irrefutable, they only care about feeling righteous.

People knock the Myers-Briggs test but I really think the “Feeling” vs. “Thinking” preference explains like all of this.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2024, 10:00:31 PM »

I don’t get why liberals/Democrats hate Bill Maher so much. He’s been consistently right. He won’t us that Trump would not concede. He warned us that Biden running again would be a disaster. He warned us that the debate would be a disaster for Biden

Maher is an idiot. That's why people hate him. He's just a doomer who is basically a Gabbard/Greenwald type at this point.

I don't care much about him, he hasn't been relevant since New Atheism lost the juice, but that above is why liberals don't like him.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2024, 10:17:31 PM »

I have and still think he's a pompous asshole regardless of whether or not his predictions are accurate.

And a quick reminder:

Bill Maher Says Writers Are Not 'Owed a Living' as the WGA & SAG-AFTRA Strikes Continue

https://movieweb.com/bill-maher-wga-sag-aftra-strikes/
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2024, 10:20:13 PM »

Because he’s a deeply bigoted, narcissistic jacka**
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2024, 10:22:07 PM »

Because he’s a deeply bigoted, narcissistic jacka**

He’s not bigoted
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2024, 10:29:44 PM »

He is a deeply Islamophobic bigot and honestly, his views on non-atheists in general are pretty gross
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2024, 10:36:07 PM »

Maher is an idiot. That's why people hate him. He's just a doomer who is basically a Gabbard/Greenwald type at this point.
No he's not. I've never heard of him defending Trump.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2024, 10:36:37 PM »

He’s a transphobic and Islamophobic douche who gives people like Steve Bannon and Milo Yiannopoulos platforms
world.execute(me)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2024, 10:43:54 PM »

Because he's the personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect and a blowhard a**hole.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2024, 10:49:06 PM »

He is a deeply Islamophobic bigot and honestly, his views on non-atheists in general are pretty gross
What’s the most Islamophobic thing Maher has said?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2024, 10:51:11 PM »

He’s also on PETA’s board of directors IIRC
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2024, 10:54:58 PM »

He has fallen victim to something called "guest capture" - he brought on so many right-leaning guests that he started to share their thoughts on various issues (remember that he supported Bernie Sanders in 2015-16 but has steadily shifted rightward since).
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2024, 10:56:55 PM »

Alben has posted several times the yt clip of Bill’s “Islam treats women bad so you’re dumb for protesting Israel” segment from a few weeks ago. Come on, Bill’s deeply reactionary views towards Muslims is well documented
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2024, 11:01:04 PM »

Alben has posted several times the yt clip of Bill’s “Islam treats women bad so you’re dumb for protesting Israel” segment from a few weeks ago. Come on, Bill’s deeply reactionary views towards Muslims is well documented
It’s not Islamophobic to point out that women are treated horribly in Muslim countries.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2024, 11:16:48 PM »

He’s an arrogant douche and doesn’t even hide it. Stances aside, he really has a slappable face.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2024, 11:25:49 PM »

He’s also on PETA’s board of directors IIRC

This is enough reason to hate him, regardless of anything else he's said or done.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2024, 11:26:20 PM »

Because he's a no-talent hack who's not funny at all. I have defended him in the past when he would say the occasional thing that I wanted to hear (shame on me!) but he's completely lost it lately. He recently said that DeSantis was protecting the children from the evil groomers at Disney World unlike the evil woke Democrats, and if that severe of a delusion doesn't invalidate all of his commentary then I don't know what would.
LBJer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2024, 11:32:06 PM »

a religion responsible for the mutilation and slavery of millions of poor minority women.

Female circumcision was around long before Islam.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2024, 11:33:31 PM »

Because he's a no-talent hack who's not funny at all. I have defended him in the past when he would say the occasional thing that I wanted to hear (shame on me!) but he's completely lost it lately. He recently said that DeSantis was protecting the children from the evil groomers at Disney World unlike the evil woke Democrats, and if that severe of a delusion doesn't invalidate all of his commentary then I don't know what would.
I don’t think that’s what he said.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2024, 11:37:52 PM »

I don’t think that’s what he said.

Not an exact quote but it is pretty much what he said in his monologue about the Nickelodeon documentary. It was the first Bill Maher thing I'd seen in years, and it will likely be the last one I ever waste my time on.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies