Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 08:38:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden campaign raises $27M Thur + Fri  (Read 638 times)
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2024, 08:46:25 PM »

This is insane. In a good way.

Although, maybe it's not. Maybe the debate was a wakeup call and got a lot of folks so terrified that they just want to do everything they can to keep Trump out of power.

The last thing anyone who wants to help keep Trump out of power should do is donate to Biden. By donating to Biden, all you do is discourage Biden from dropping out and thereby make Donald's Trump victory pretty much a certainty. Instead, withhold donations for now, and save up money and then give it to the Democratic nominee when Biden drops out. Though frankly it is better to give to downballot candidates regardless.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2024, 08:47:33 PM »

This is insane. In a good way.

Although, maybe it's not. Maybe the debate was a wakeup call and got a lot of folks so terrified that they just want to do everything they can to keep Trump out of power.

The last thing anyone who wants to help keep Trump out of power should do is donate to Biden. By donating to Biden, all you do is discourage Biden from dropping out and thereby make Donald's Trump victory pretty much a certainty. Instead, withhold donations for now, and save up money and then give it to the Democratic nominee when Biden drops out. Though frankly it is better to give to downballot candidates regardless.

Why are we writing off a candidate who’s within the margin of error in the swing states he needs to win?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2024, 08:48:09 PM »

Another thing that may be a factor is the surge in interest of project 2025. I recently was talking with a 15 year old discord friend who I know on a non political (politics is banned) server and back in May considered trying to get her mother (they are Vietnamese immigrants in SoCal) to vote for Trump. However today she told me about scared she was about Project 2025 which leads me to think there is some awareness campaign going on (almost certainly on tiktok)

This would also be supported by a post I believe someone else made showing Project 2025 surging in Google searches.

Really hope there is awareness campaign going on on TikTok - Republicans really seem to have dominated the social media game with little effective content from the left to counter stuff.

It really depends on who and what's in your social media circles. IIRC I first heard about Andrew Tate from you, before anyone else in the Leipverse mentioned it or before he started popping up in my personal social network.

There is definitely significant discussion of Project 2025 outside of the Leipverse though.

Yeah idk maybe my social media is just weirdly right wing. I think it could be because demographically I'm a young male who's pretty into fitness which connects to a lot of right wing accounts pretty fast.
Almost Anyone But Biden Or Trump (ABBoT but not Greg Abbott)
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2024, 08:51:34 PM »

Why are we writing off a candidate who’s within the margin of error in the swing states he needs to win?

First of all, because he will not end up being the candidate. But secondly, I did not say he had 0 chance, just that it was "pretty much a certainty" (though that is a slight exaggeration). Biden would have some chance of winning, but the real important point is it is much lower than the chance another candidate would have of winning, and for that reason (as well as legitimate reason to doubt if he can do the job especially next term) is why Biden must drop out.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies