Democrats...CHILL TF OUT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 12:14:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Democrats...CHILL TF OUT
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Democrats...CHILL TF OUT  (Read 1403 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2024, 10:55:44 AM »

President Biden did OKAY!

He lost the debate. He looked and sounded like an 81 year old.

BECAUSE HE HAD A COLD!

Its June.

There aren't such thing as geniune swing voters. Not for 20 years.

There are more Democrats than Republicans in this country. I very much doubt anyone changed their vote from Biden to Trump because of this debate. Not a single person.

The biggest danger is making sure Democrats actually vote. My fear is a repeat of 2016 when Democrats stay home. Despite vastly wanting Trump to lose, they come up with some reason to stay home. I don't want age to become the new "emails"
jred
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 10:57:01 AM »

No no no, you don’t get it, a presidential debate on June 27 is going to be fresh on your average swing voter’s mind when they go to the polls in four months.
iceman
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 10:57:57 AM »

this is just a lost cause.
MichaelM24
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 10:58:28 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2024, 02:25:03 PM by MichaelM24 »

Damn it, it's not about age. He does not seem mentally fit. Bernie is around the same age, and he can form actual sentences.

A lot of people think that Biden is mentally unfit. Maybe they're wrong.

But based off last night, I don't blame them whatsoever for thinking so, and if they still want to vote for Biden, that's there business. There are plenty of other candidates out there, though (RFK Jr., Jill Stein, Chase Oliver, Randall Terry, Peter Sonski, Claudia De la Cruz, Cornel West, etc.), so if someone was watching last night and hated the both of them, they have other options.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 10:59:04 AM »

The media is playing right into Trump's hands, and so are we. The more we send out the notion that Biden is senile, the more swing voters will agree with it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 10:59:44 AM »

Lol have you seen the TX poll if TX is moving left the polls that show Trump sweeping battlefield states are invalid
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2024, 11:06:09 AM »

The media is playing right into Trump's hands, and so are we. The more we send out the notion that Biden is senile, the more swing voters will agree with it.

This. Literally this. Democratic politicians need to stfu about Biden’s cognitive decline. What purpose does that serve, exactly, aside from weakening their standard-bearer?

And YES Biden is our standard-bearer and NO, contrary to what some suggest, it’s too late to change that.

Never complain about something you can’t change, especially if the complaining increases the likelihood of something far worse.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2024, 11:10:33 AM »

It honestly feels like the dooming from pundits and Atlas about Biden hurts Biden more than his actual debate performance, since it doesn’t look like undecided swing voters care as much.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2024, 11:23:27 AM »

It honestly feels like the dooming from pundits and Atlas about Biden hurts Biden more than his actual debate performance, since it doesn’t look like undecided swing voters care as much.
I don't think anything posted on Atlas impacts the race at all.

Anyway my take could be summarized as this:

-Biden obviously did not do well.
-I'm not opposed to replacing Biden.
-I doubt the polls will move much if any based on this, especially with the already polled reactions.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2024, 11:26:35 AM »

Here’s my take:

-Biden had a bad debate.
-Trump is definitely favored right now, but he has been for a while.
-He is far from an overwhelming favorite even against Biden.
-There are both advantages and disadvantages to replacing Biden and it’s not clear whether Biden or a replacement has a better shot.
-“Biden is old” is just as ingrained into the people’s imagination as “Trump is a crook”, and it’s unlikely the debate will be significantly more impactful than the conviction.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2024, 11:27:56 AM »

Here’s my take:

-Biden had a bad debate.
-Trump is definitely favored right now, but he has been for a while.
-He is far from an overwhelming favorite even against Biden.
-There are both advantages and disadvantages to replacing Biden and it’s not clear whether Biden or a replacement has a better shot.
-“Biden is old” is just as ingrained into the people’s imagination as “Trump is a crook”, and it’s unlikely the debate will be significantly more impactful than the conviction.

This seems fair.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2024, 11:28:07 AM »

You all were telling me to chill out eight months ago when I pointed out everything about Biden that everyone apparently finally came to realize last night.

If people were actually paying any attention back then and not just ignoring so many obvious warning signs, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

But now that it has finally dawned on everyone how dire the situation actually is, the last thing we need to hear is to chill out!

There should be uprisings in the streets and encampments on every college campus demanding Biden drop out.  I remember participating in rallies and protests for Ukraine and racial justice over the past couple years, and this seems far more urgent to the average American than either of those.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2024, 11:29:39 AM »

You all were telling me to chill out eight months ago when I pointed out everything about Biden that everyone apparently finally came to realize last night.

If people were actually paying any attention back then and not just ignoring so many obvious warning signs, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

But now that it has finally dawned on everyone how dire the situation actually is, the last thing we need to hear is to chill out!

There should be uprisings in the streets and encampments on every college campus demanding Biden drop out.  I remember participating in rallies and protests for Ukraine and racial justice over the past couple years, and this seems far more urgent to the average American than either of those.

Biden can very much still win this race. He has around a 40% shot, not great but not catastrophic either.
King Brandon I
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2024, 11:30:46 AM »

I haven’t said much today but here’s my take

-Biden obviously didn’t do well
-there are still plenty of examples of events where he did do well
-this won’t effect polling more than a couple points
-want it or not, he’s not getting replaced.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2024, 11:32:36 AM »

I don't think anything posted on Atlas impacts the race at all.

Anyway my take could be summarized as this:

-Biden obviously did not do well.
-I'm not opposed to replacing Biden.
-I doubt the polls will move much if any based on this, especially with the already polled reactions.
Biden’s poll numbers won’t drop much lower because of this, but the problem is that we really needed his poll numbers to get a boost. He’s still polling behind in most swing states, leaving us praying that the pollsters have overcorrected from 2020 and are now overestimating Trump.
oraclebones
Rookie
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2024, 11:34:41 AM »

The debate showed Biden has aged 10-15 years in the past 4 years. It’s unthinkable that he would be president in another 4 years.

Sorry, but if you somehow say the debate wasn’t that bad for Biden, you’re ensnared in your own wishful thinking.

Dems for the most part have been sleepwalking into a November defeat. At least this might rouse them to that reality.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2024, 11:36:55 AM »

I haven’t said much today but here’s my take

-Biden obviously didn’t do well
-there are still plenty of examples of events where he did do well
-this won’t effect polling more than a couple points
-want it or not, he’s not getting replaced.
GAinDC

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2024, 11:43:41 AM »

Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2024, 11:45:40 AM »

I cannot chill out. We are in disarray.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2024, 11:48:07 AM »

Then, with all due respect, you’re part of the problem and should take a break from this board until you’re calmer
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2024, 11:52:17 AM »

Asking this forum to chill out is like asking Marjorie Taylor Greene to stop being an attention whore.

This forum is well know to be full of hysterical people (mostly composed of autists and/or sheltered people who think every event is the end of civilization), but this past day has been hilariously superlative in that sense. I mean, I've seen threads saying that this is Germany 1932, saying that Biden is Paul von Hindenburg and there was even some guy (troll?) who wrote that he was going to be murdered by the new regime or something like that.

I'm am not really convinced that the histrionics of this forums are an accurate representation of the average voter.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2024, 11:53:26 AM »

Pres. Biden right now is every bit as delusional as Donald Trump, and given that it seems like his continued candidacy will likely result in a loss, he is arguably as much a threat to democracy as Trump.

Any Democrat who is ignoring that today is as complicit in this urgent threat to America as your average Trump supporter.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2024, 11:59:35 AM »

This is about more than a debate performance.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2024, 12:02:15 PM »

This is about more than a debate performance.

Yes, absolutely.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2024, 12:02:46 PM »

Then, with all due respect, you’re part of the problem and should take a break from this board until you’re calmer
Best advice on this thread.

I've called out the toxic doomer culture on this forum for many times, primarily from certain posters who do it chronically and in a very annoying and disruptive way. But it's not just annoying, it can actually be counterproductive like see how in 2020 we actually a few posts along the lines of "Why even bother voting when Trump is just going to steal the election anyway?" and these points or false claims that Republican-controlled states and courts had done things like ban all mail-in voting distorting actual developments were actually put out Russian bots. Now this isn't comparable because it's actually a reaction to a recent development and not just from the usual suspects, but this sort of behavior is also not helping and is not good for one's own mental health. It's digital self-harm.

Taking a break to see how things settle on this is probably the best all around option if you're feeling this way.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies