eastern ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  eastern ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: eastern ohio  (Read 5701 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: July 21, 2004, 07:23:14 PM »

i just passed through much of eastern ohio, the area along the ohio river.  i was amazed at the poverty in the area.  the area is really quite similar to southern wva.

has eastern ohio always been this impoverished?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 07:39:08 AM »

al, how diferent is eastern ohio from the rest of the state (economically and politically)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 12:02:50 PM »

i was in the 6th district.  i traveled highway 7 (which parrallels the ohio river) from across the bridge at wheeling west virginia all the way down to southeastern ohio where i crossed the river into huntington west va.

southeastern ohio looked slightly more prosperous than the east central area.  i also noticed that southeastern ohio seemed to have an agricultural based economy, whereas east central ohio had little in the way of farming.

to all the people who wonder why i asked al....sometimes i think it is better to get information from an outside expert.  if i asked someone who lived in ohio, their judgement would surely be biased in some way shape or form.  just take a look at josh's observations on north carolina.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies