6/25 Primaries Discussion (CO, UT, NY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/25 Primaries Discussion (CO, UT, NY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: 6/25 Primaries Discussion (CO, UT, NY)  (Read 3443 times)
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2024, 10:09:30 PM »

Very online Israelis followed this election relatively closely. And they are pretty hyped. Even Bibi haters.

Makes sense given the fact that Bowman is a vile antisemite. 
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2024, 10:11:18 PM »

How would Becky Edwards be faring if she somehow snuck up the middle to win the primary in the UT-02 special last year?
Would probably have lost, given Maloy isn’t holding on by much and she isn’t exactly a moderate.

Why is Washington County SO MAGA-friendly tonight?

The Mormons down there are much more MAGA friendly (it's also a bit less Mormon overall). St. George is cowboy mormons and the Wasatch Front is Romney white collar Mormons, to extremely over-generalize it.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2024, 10:16:24 PM »

Did DecisionDeskHQ  up? What just happened in NY16? I'm going to assume it was a up until further notice.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2024, 10:17:24 PM »

NYT is now agreeing with DDHQ. Holy cow.
Attorney General & LGC Deputy Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2024, 10:18:57 PM »

CO-4 D: Calvarese

Uncalled:

CO-5 D
UT-2 R
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2024, 10:19:38 PM »

Unless there is an error in the latest update Bowman may drop below 40%.
johnzaharoff

« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2024, 10:24:33 PM »

Unless there is an error in the latest update Bowman may drop below 40%.

Yup looks like Bowman might lose by more than 20%
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2024, 10:24:57 PM »

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2024, 10:28:43 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2024, 03:48:42 PM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

This is where the "Bowman is a f**king idiot" part comes in. Two things can be true - you can recognize Bowman is an idiot, anti-Semite, and terrible campaigner whose loss was avoidable, and you can believe that Latimer's corruption and outright defense of sexual assault is as evil and as bad as Bowman.

Then again when you're Alben Barkley, S019, or compucomp and you think calling someone a Nazi is okay because they disagree with the merits of the candidate you support you probably have a different perspective on life.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2024, 10:30:25 PM »

This is where the "Bowman is a f**king idiot" part comes in. Two things can be true - you can recognize Bowman is an idiot, anti-Semite, and terrible campaigner whose loss was avoidable, and you can believe that Latimer's corruption and outright defense of sexual assault is as evil and as bad as Bowman.

Then again when you're Alben Barkley, S019, or OSR and you think calling someone a Nazi is okay because you disagree with the merits of the candidate you support you probably have a different perspective.

All I know is Bowman just went from a joke to a laughingstock unless these numbers correct for him. Man I wanna see what the remaining 15% of the vote does.
johnzaharoff

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2024, 10:34:32 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/538/live-updates/new-york-colorado-utah-primaries/celebrate-polling-wins-111427320?id=111382854

538 states the polls did well in Utah
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2024, 10:44:58 PM »

…Rape?

You know I don’t even want to know what deranged conspiracy theories are in your head.

True racism, i.e. antisemitism, lost tonight. And that’s a very good thing unless you’re a Nazi.

Sorry. Not rape. Sexual assault. To our knowledge Cuomo's not a rapist but I wouldn't be surprised.

Forgive me for believing someone who is pro-sexual assault shouldn't have a seat in Congress. I'm not going to get into a dick-measuring contest about who's the bigger bigot because who really gives a sh*t anyway? Racists have no place in the party and it's incredibly shameful to see so many people support such a trash human being to own the Bros.

Bowman is complete trash and was a literal Hamas apologist

I was going to give a standard beep boop response but after you recommended a post calling me a Nazi I don't think I will. It's absolutely hilarious to see you call for this guy's ban for speaking out against conservatives but openly cheer him attacking me when you agree with him.

Almost like it was never about personal attacks!

I have never called for Alben to be banned
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2024, 10:47:01 PM »

Very online Israelis followed this election relatively closely. And they are pretty hyped. Even Bibi haters.

He has done an amazing job of unifying the Jewish community from the normie progs to the far right. I've seen a bunch of liberal-leaning Jews who never get political post stuff tonight on Twitter.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2024, 10:52:20 PM »

He has done an amazing job of unifying the Jewish community from the normie progs to the far right. I've seen a bunch of liberal-leaning Jews who never get political post stuff tonight on Twitter.

I still maintain that Bowman is just a moron rather than a rabid antisemite. Fire alarm, 9/11 conspiracies, a bunch of other stuff.
axiomsofdominion
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2024, 10:54:27 PM »

Smaller vote drop that was more favorable to Bowman out of Westchester, presumably the south-west.

Still some amount of Bronx votes out though not clear how many. I really wish we knew which WC precincts were still out.

It looks like turnout will break 200% of the 2022 turnout.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2024, 10:55:54 PM »

This primary is a good example of what would happen if the Dems became a national party in the squad's image. You'd have West Virginia like rightward swings in heavily Jewish suburbs and Howard County, Iowa swings in normal white college suburbs. In other words, the Dem coalition is completely unsustainable as a squad/Elizabeth Warren party and these idiots in Democratic administrations who hire human clowns like Tyler Cherry need to be fired immediately.
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2024, 10:59:28 PM »

This primary is a good example of what would happen if the Dems became a national party in the squad's image. You'd have West Virginia like rightward swings in heavily Jewish suburbs and Howard County, Iowa swings in normal white college suburbs. In other words, the Dem coalition is completely unsustainable as a squad/Elizabeth Warren party and these idiots in Democratic administrations who hire human clowns like Tyler Cherry need to be fired immediately.

Correct. Progressive politics is a dead end road for this country. Either we reject them; or we lose.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2024, 11:07:10 PM »

Then again when you're Alben Barkley, S019, or OSR and you think calling someone a Nazi is okay because they disagree with the merits of the candidate you support you probably have a different perspective on life.

You're whining so much.  More than I did when Lipinski lost.  And he wasn't a Nazi.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2024, 11:12:16 PM »

Not a good night for the MAGA wing outside of Boebert and Tim Kennedy, both of whom only won because of the establishment vote being split. Seeing Burns and Williams fail was especially satisfying.

SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2024, 11:12:21 PM »

Then again when you're Alben Barkley, S019, or OSR and you think calling someone a Nazi is okay because they disagree with the merits of the candidate you support you probably have a different perspective on life.

You're whining so much.  More than I did when Lipinski lost.  And he wasn't a Nazi.

Nah. I just think it's funny that people wanna run when someone gives them the sh*t they throw at people back

I also think it's funny coming from the guy who raged about me being a homophobe when I criticized Buttigieg's stance on policing in the last primary
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2024, 11:16:20 PM »

Nah. I just think it's funny that people wanna run when someone gives them the sh*t they throw at people back

I also think it's funny coming from the guy who raged about me being a homophobe when I criticized Buttigieg's stance on policing in the last primary

But you were!
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2024, 11:19:27 PM »

Holy sh-t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f-king f-k is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f-king breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bowman to be Congressman and fix this broken country. I cannot f-king deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York?Huh This is so f-ked.
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2024, 11:29:26 PM »

Holy sh-t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f-king f-k is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f-king breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bowman to be Congressman and fix this broken country. I cannot f-king deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York?Huh This is so f-ked.

You literally were a Republican last year and will be in 2028. You don't get to talk about the right candidate in this race.

Lol what? I've never been a Republican
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2024, 11:31:50 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2024, 12:49:42 AM by wnwnwn »

Goldman had as rival a guy running as the 'ceasefire now candidate' who did OK in Brooklyn, winming some precints in Sunset Park and doing way better than Dolan.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2024, 11:36:16 PM »

You literally were a Republican last year and will be in 2028. You don't get to talk about the right candidate in this race.

Lol what? I've never been a Republican

For whatever reason I had you confused with some other actual Republican with a similar name.

Either way, point stands. You'll be full GOP soon enough. You've done enough wishcasting for them here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies