Nikki Haley for Vice President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 11:21:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nikki Haley for Vice President?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Nikki Haley for Vice President?  (Read 507 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2024, 04:32:00 PM »

She's probably get a cabinet position of some kind if he's elected.   I really really doubt she gets VP.  There'd be almost no benefit.

Huh? There would be an enormous benefit. Suburban moms and "concerned" conservatives love Haley. They're already considering voting for Trump and this gives them the excuse they need. It would be such a huge benefit that I'd move the race from strong Lean R to Likely R instantly if it happened.

The reports that Trump had narrowed it down to only men -- including the deranged, previously NeverTrump, TradCath JD Vance (who REALLY brings nothing to the table as Appalachia and terminally online conservatives were already 100% Trump), the empty suit who is remarkable only for his race Tim Scott (who also brings nothing to the table as no black people would fall for such a shameless stunt), and "Little Marco" -- always made no sense to me.

I didn't think he'd choose Haley either though given his pettiness, and am somewhat surprised Kristi Noem literally murdering puppies apparently turned Trump off rather than on. But from a strategic perspective, there is zero doubt he needs to choose a woman who can at least pretend she's "moderate" passably enough to the dumbest people in the country and can allow him to further gaslight the nation about the fact that he is responsible for the greatest blow to women's rights in decade. Burgum is the only male choice floated that makes sense for Trump as he is the ultimate nobody. Moat of Trump's supporters wouldn't even know who he is by election day and that's exactly how the world's biggest narcissist would want it. But if he is thinking remotely strategically, it should be a woman.

Stefanik Stefanik Stefanik

She's Trumpy but not too Trumpy and a part of the House GOP leadership. She also used to be a moderate on some issues earlier in her House tenure, so these sorts of voters could point to that to justify their vote for a Trump-Stefanik ticket.

Haley is overrated and whatever she offers and more can come from other female options. Stefanik has most of what Haley does plus an important seat at the table of House Republicans. It's important to have some kind of congressional Republican insider to bridge any divides between Trump and Republicans in Congress (though tbh that may be more true for the Senate than the House).

Would be a fantastic choice and our nation needs someone like Haley to run our foreign policy. With Haley as VP , she could potentially get to run our FP for 12 years

See? OSR is already preparing for his own pivot to vote for Trump with the excuse that Haley will "really" be in charge. He's exactly the kind of Republican she could help win over and put the election in the bag. These people are LOOKING for any "civilized" excuse to vote for fascism. Trump would be a fool not to give it to them; after all, it's not like it will make any real difference in his regime.

They don't need an excuse in the privacy of the ballot box. In my mind, if they're going to vote for Trump, they're going to vote for Trump. Maybe they'll hold their noses, but they'll do it in the end regardless of who he picks as VP.

Or at least, they will unless he doubles down and picks an absolute nut like MTG, which he won't. Imo as long as he picks someone that could be construed as remotely "mainstream" (which includes, among others, Stefanik, Burgum, Rubio, maybe Vance; definitely NOT Noem but he's not picking her so wtv), these people will vote for Trump anyway when all is said and done.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2024, 04:34:05 PM »

I really don't think that Trump would want to have a woman VP.

I think Trump would be open to it if the woman gave the impression that his chances of getting some action under the Oval Office desk are higher than zero. It doesn't mean the woman has to make Trump think that he's gonna score... it just means that she can't give him the impression that it absolutely won't happen. Kari Lake, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Tulsi Gabbard for example, would IMO have absolutely no problem giving Trump the impression that maybe he has a tiny tiny shot of that.

I know this is sick and twisted stuff, by the way. It's just how I honestly think Trump would approach the situation, based on my impression of what kind of person he is.

Someone's been watching too much House of Cards. I'll be honest, even Trump is not this much of a sex-obsessed degenerate.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2024, 05:04:31 PM »

Hell no, tbh. She didn't offer all that much to anybody as a presidential candidate other than "not being Trump." That was literally her main selling point. And she's said more than enough about him that, even if he "forgives" her, he definitely will not make her running mate.

Idt it's happening at this point, but I'm still of the opinion that Elise Stefanik could be quite a good option for him, I'm really not sure why she's not receiving more consideration. Clearly beats out Rubio and Burgum tbh.

From a pragmatic angle this would be smart, possibly one of the smartest decisions he could make and she'd be less offensive than many of the rumored frontrunners, but I doubt that he'd go with anyone that challenged him in 2024 with the potential exception of Vivek. While some people like Shaula would oppose this, you'd bring in many wavering voters who might've otherwise voted for Biden and I doubt that the Shaula wing would abstain or vote for Biden over this.

Burgum??

I forgot that he was in the running
Obama24
United States
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2024, 06:20:59 PM »

She's probably get a cabinet position of some kind if he's elected.   I really really doubt she gets VP.  There'd be almost no benefit.

Huh? There would be an enormous benefit. Suburban moms and "concerned" conservatives love Haley. They're already considering voting for Trump and this gives them the excuse they need. It would be such a huge benefit that I'd move the race from strong Lean R to Likely R instantly if it happened.

The reports that Trump had narrowed it down to only men -- including the deranged, previously NeverTrump, TradCath JD Vance (who REALLY brings nothing to the table as Appalachia and terminally online conservatives were already 100% Trump), the empty suit who is remarkable only for his race Tim Scott (who also brings nothing to the table as no black people would fall for such a shameless stunt), and "Little Marco" -- always made no sense to me.

I didn't think he'd choose Haley either though given his pettiness, and am somewhat surprised Kristi Noem literally murdering puppies apparently turned Trump off rather than on. But from a strategic perspective, there is zero doubt he needs to choose a woman who can at least pretend she's "moderate" passably enough to the dumbest people in the country and can allow him to further gaslight the nation about the fact that he is responsible for the greatest blow to women's rights in decade. Burgum is the only male choice floated that makes sense for Trump as he is the ultimate nobody. Moat of Trump's supporters wouldn't even know who he is by election day and that's exactly how the world's biggest narcissist would want it. But if he is thinking remotely strategically, it should be a woman.

If I could like this 10 times over, I would. This is an excellent take that I 150% agree with.

I'd go further and say that if he doesn't choose Haley, it might be enough to lose the election. The conserved conservatives, etc you mention might not bother to vote if Haley isn't the running mate. I think Trump underrates them as a threat. The Never Trump movement actually found someone to coalesce around in her - and I believe they are FOR her enough (as much as they are anti-Trump) that without her, and with some generic loser like Burgum, they might not bother showing up.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies