SR 121-13: Anti-Censorship Resolution - Tabled

(1/5) > >>

Senator & Ambassador Dwarven Dragon:
Quote from: Mr. Reactionary on June 10, 2024, 06:51:27 PM

Anti-Censorship Resolution

1. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that open debate on proposed legislation is essential to a functioning democracy.

2. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that talkelections moderators should not censor or infract actual debate by Senators on pending legislation, regardless of such moderators' viewpoints on such debate.

3. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that censorship of actual debate by Senators on pending legislation by talkelections moderators is tyrannical and that talkelections moderators who censor or infract actual debate by Senators on pending legislation are acting improperly.

Sponsor: Mr. Reactionary
Occupying: Slot 1

Senator & Ambassador Dwarven Dragon:
Normally, I would not allow legislation like this on the floor. However, as I did not see the post in question I do not feel right outright blocking this. However, I will be moving to table this when such a motion is ripe, and will vote Nay on final passage if necessary. Please keep mod drama out of this forum.

Not Too Late For Bernie '24:
Quote from: Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon on June 10, 2024, 07:32:48 PM

Quote from: Mr. Reactionary on June 10, 2024, 06:51:27 PM

Anti-Censorship Resolution

1. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that open debate on proposed legislation is essential to a functioning democracy.

2. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that talkelections moderators should not censor or infract actual debate by Senators on pending legislation, regardless of such moderators' viewpoints on such debate.

3. It is the position of the Atlasian Senate that censorship of actual debate by Senators on pending legislation by talkelections moderators is tyrannical and that talkelections moderators who censor or infract actual debate by Senators on pending legislation are assholesacting improperly.

4. Accordingly, the Senate hereby censures talkelections moderator Lumine for tyrannical acts of censoring and infracting actual debate by Senators on pending legislation.

Sponsor: Mr. Reactionary
Occupying: Slot 1

Amendment. Also, could someone share the post in question privately, perhaps on Discord.

Senator Spiral:
If this is where we're at, the game in its current state should not exist anymore. Anything else would just perpetuate existing grudges and resentments we all see here.

Mr. Reactionary:
I sent screenshots to Wulfric of the deleted post. Why would I lie? These are the same mods that infracted me multiple times in 2022 for introducing bills that were just direct quotes of irl laws in Tennessee. The mod staff frequently gets involved in this game and infracts policies they dont like. The 2 bills in 2022 were reported by Badger, and he initially reported Fhtagn for making legislation threads as floor leader to debate my bills. He did this because he has a documented record of stalk posting her to look for petty stuff to try to get her in trouble because [censored]. Yankee read the modcave debate to me over VC and its what you expect ... rainbow people mad that their sacred cows are not immune from criticism.

I wrote a filial support bill with an acronym name of F.E.R.G.I.E. and Dereich threatened to infract me because [censored]. Lumine has a long, undignified history of censoring bills and debate as I specifically recall him censoring 2 different bill names I had for abortion legislation in 2018, because [censored]. You can look at my tabling request and see Lumine censored that too. Again, why bother playing a game thats rigged?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page