Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:01:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"  (Read 3526 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2024, 06:22:29 PM »

Losing the Arab vote alone is not going to be enough to cost Biden Michigan. He won it by nearly 3 points in 2020 and the Arab vote probably at most netted him half a point on his statewide margin. They're only 2% of the population of MI, and I bet they're an even smaller share of the electorate since they probably turn out at lower rates than other demographics in the state.

If Michigan is close enough that Arabs can swing the state, Biden's lost ground with other demographics too and has most likely lost the other 5 main swing states.

Of cause Biden "lost ground with other demographics too".

You don't have to be Arab to be disguised with Biden's complicity in genocide of the Palestinians.

Outside of Arabs though his losses with these demographics won't be concentrated to Michigan.

It isn't limited to Michigan.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2024, 06:43:46 PM »

Tlaib is so anti-semitic that she's dogwhistling an endorsement of the most anti-semitic president of the last 50+ years. Unbelievable.

I mean, she's decided America needs to be punished, and is there any more effective and destructive punishment than Trump?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2024, 06:52:47 PM »

What's the American equivalent of withdrawing the whip? Is there one? It's been well over a decade since I've bothered with Congressional procedure, so I've forgotten a lot of the little technicalities. In most countries there would be no need to ask, but Americans are so odd about anything to do with parties and groups.

There isn't one but I have a strong hunch that before the end of the decade she voluntarily becomes (I-MI) rather than (D-MI) and continues getting elected as such because of the nature of her seat. She's shown strong signs of drifting in that direction.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2024, 06:58:00 PM »

She is palestinian-american. What do you expect, that she'll endorse the mass killings on her own people.

Tlaib is the only elected person on a national level in the USA at this point with a heart, and she has my full support!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2024, 07:02:44 PM »

She is palestinian-american. What do you expect, that she'll endorse the mass killings on her own people.

Tlaib is the only elected person on a national level in the USA at this point with a heart, and she has my full support!

She’s an Islamist sympathizer through and through
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2024, 07:16:17 PM »

Unlike you, I do believe in freedom of religion.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2024, 07:22:50 PM »

Hamas doesn't.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2024, 07:34:23 PM »

Islamism isn't a religion.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2024, 07:34:48 PM »

Are you really in Belgium like your avatar?
Obama24
United States
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2024, 07:37:47 PM »

That sounds like a threat to Biden from Tlaib. Maybe the Secret Service should pay her a visit.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2024, 07:40:10 PM »

You are a moderator. You can trace my IP address.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2024, 07:41:17 PM »

Hamas doesn't.
What's your point?
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2024, 07:53:14 PM »

Biden's support of Israel is evil, but Tlaib saying this is wildly inappropriate and is grounds for a primary in a view. It's a shame, too, because I was a big fan of hers in 2019, but she seems to want Trump to win.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2024, 07:54:24 PM »

That sounds like a threat to Biden from Tlaib. Maybe the Secret Service should pay her a visit.
What the threat? since I don't think not planning to vote for joe is a threat worthy of the secret service getting involved.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2024, 08:01:36 PM »

You are a moderator. You can trace my IP address.

I’m not accusing you of being dishonest and I leave the IP address tracing to other moderators. I was asking in case you were an American voter who uses a Belgium avatar because of some affinity with the country instead of a Belgian because you were sharing which U.S. elected officials you support.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2024, 08:02:04 PM »

I might also add: I was "okay" with her urging people to vote Uncommitted in the primary, even if I wouldn't have done the same (I didn't want to contribute to the narrative that the Democratic base is abandoning Biden in droves). But the Michigan primary already happened. All this will accomplish is getting Trump elected.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2024, 08:58:07 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2024, 09:05:03 PM by wnwnwn »

She is for DSA, not for the DNC....

I´m  surprised why AIPAC hasn´t recruited and funded any black democrat to primary her.

Supporting genocide of Palestinians isn't a winning issue in the Democratic primary.

Even AIPAC knows that.

The ads that AIPAC runs aren't about Israel.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/17/aipac-campaign-ads-israel-00158567

AIPAC support pro Israel candidates. These candidates usually also have other strenghs and their opposition usually also have other weakneses.

Well, House members are supposed to representate their district, be the voice of them and
their interest to the country.

Tlaib kind of does that by representive Dearborn interests, but there are more areas in the district. Inkster, west Detroit, Southfield, etc. Her district is 45% black accoding to DRA.
Now, Tlaib's stances on domestic issues appealing to a good part of the black and white democrat electorate there. That´s her main appeal. The way to confront her on that would be running someonw with "experience getting democrat goals done".
Kinniebrew isn´t a bad fit like Dolan, but he isn´t a strong candidate. He can´t run on any record agaisnt Tlaib. I can see him trying to make himself better know for 2026, and get some ties for the next primary...

If across the country, Democrats get to choose between two otherwise identical candidates, but one supports genocide of the Palestinians and the latter opposes genocide of the Palestinians, the former would be blown completely out of the water.

It´s true that the Brian Mast approach won´t win any dem primary, but opposing Tlaib on the issue isn´t necessary goign to the other extreme. Do you think supporting the Iron Dome is calling for genocide? I don´t think so.
ITOH, there is more than Palestine on people's minds. Americans aren´t getting dratfed to fight in Gaza. Abortion, healthcare, voting rights, labor rights, etc are things that matter more for most americans. Also, Tlaib's focus on Palestine over supporting her party and its goals (in good part, at minimun soft versions of things that she supports) agaisnt the Project 2025 and Trump don´t have sense as representing the interests of dems unless you go full dialectics.

Remember MLK? He leaded the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. He leaded it along Reuther. Progressivism is about helping people. There is a reason Latimer campaing motto is "Real results, not Rhetoric".
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2024, 09:17:40 PM »

What's the American equivalent of withdrawing the whip? Is there one? It's been well over a decade since I've bothered with Congressional procedure, so I've forgotten a lot of the little technicalities. In most countries there would be no need to ask, but Americans are so odd about anything to do with parties and groups.

It’s simply not available as congressional nominees are determined by primaries .

That's a candidate selection issue which is different. I meant expelling or suspending from the caucus, as this would definitely cross the threshold for that literally anywhere else.
The closest thing would be stripping her of her committee spots which would only be possible with Republican support to get a majority of the House. She could be barred from them next session however. There was a push to do this to Joe Lieberman after 2006 but the Senate caucus voted it down.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2024, 09:50:24 PM »

It’s simply not available as congressional nominees are determined by primaries .

That's a candidate selection issue which is different. I meant expelling or suspending from the caucus, as this would definitely cross the threshold for that literally anywhere else.
The closest thing would be stripping her of her committee spots which would only be possible with Republican support to get a majority of the House. She could be barred from them next session however. There was a push to do this to Joe Lieberman after 2006 but the Senate caucus voted it down.

It pretty much as impossible to do it for Lieberman as well given if he switched over to the GOP it would have given the Republicans the Majority from 2007-09 and denied the democrats the filibuster proof majority from 2009-2011
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2024, 09:51:34 PM »

It pretty much as impossible to do it for Lieberman as well given if he switched over to the GOP it would have given the Republicans the Majority from 2007-09 and denied the democrats the filibuster proof majority from 2009-2011

This is the same reason that there were no options on the table to rein in Manchin and Sinema.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2024, 10:11:47 PM »

Biden's support of Israel is evil, but Tlaib saying this is wildly inappropriate and is grounds for a primary in a view. It's a shame, too, because I was a big fan of hers in 2019, but she seems to want Trump to win.

The language the left uses toward Israel like this is exactly why DEI will be eliminated in the coming years. No need for state funded hate groups that make the KKK and proud boys smile.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2024, 10:36:00 PM »

Biden and the Democrats misunderstand her base. They (wrongly) believe Joe Biden is complicit in genocide. The problem with that is you can't "lesser evil" it away like most policy issues. People aren't going to vote for the person who would commit genocide even if its less than their opponent, and most would rather vote 3rd party or stay home at all. Instead of trying to paint Trump as worse on the issue, the Biden campaign needs to assure these voters that they aren't or doing anything remotely close to genocide. 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2024, 11:08:29 PM »

This is the same reason that there were no options on the table to rein in Manchin and Sinema.
More like Menendez and Sinema. No one really disputes Manchin is a Democrat as frustrating as he usually is.

In the case of Sinema though by most accounts she effectively has left the Democratic caucus, (no longer attending party meetings, etc.) instead of just flipping the letter next to her name as "I", but the Democrats can't really strip her of committeeships because their majority is based on her as well as Manchin and Menendez who won't vote for it. And Menendez because the leadership wants to strip him for obvious reasons, but the majority is contingent on him and Sinema.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2024, 12:00:59 AM »

A lot of bigots don't like either Muslim woman to ever serve in congress.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2024, 12:10:38 AM »

Let me remind you that she voted against this resolution. The only member of the House to do so.

https://www.newsweek.com/rashida-tlaib-hamas-sexual-violence-vote-1870247

Michigan Democrat Rashida Tlaib has come under fire on social media after being the only voting member of the House not to back a resolution condemning "rape and sexual violence committed by Hamas" on Wednesday.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies