Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Rashida Tlaib goes after Biden again: "We aren't going to forget in November are we?"  (Read 3501 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2024, 10:09:50 AM »

Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 10:20:31 AM »

Rashida Tlaib is a Trump sleeper agent confirmed!?

But to be serious uh democrats are literally tearing themselves apart, not a good strategy to win a election or really to make people even consider voting for you.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 10:23:48 AM »

Rashida Tlaib is a Trump sleeper agent confirmed!?

But to be serious uh democrats are literally tearing themselves apart, not a good strategy to win a election or really to make people even consider voting for you.

Progressives were never really that supportive of Biden to begin with, and only voted for Biden in 2020 because of Trump's mania, and the Covid crap show.

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 10:28:06 AM »

she is a fifth columnist too, just like trump and gabbard and all the other russkis
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 10:35:42 AM »

She is for DSA, not for the DNC....

I´m  surprised why AIPAC hasn´t recruited and funded any black democrat to primary her.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2024, 10:37:50 AM »

It's really unfortunate we can't have a better group of Muslim lawmakers.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2024, 10:50:35 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2024, 03:56:00 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Unfortunately, they're not.

They could get the "ceasefire now!" and it still won't be enough.

That initial foreign aid in the aftermath of October 7 was the original sin, even though it would've happened no matter what under any administration.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2024, 10:57:42 AM »

She's banking that Trump will cut foreign aid to Israel, and then sit back and do nothing when the Second Holocaust goes "from the river to the sea."

She's probably right that Trump would let it happen, but she's vastly overestimating the competence of her own people. Big blindspot from her.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2024, 11:01:05 AM »

She's banking that Trump will cut foreign aid to Israel, and then sit back and do nothing when the Second Holocaust goes "from the river to the sea."

She's probably right that Trump would let it happen, but she's vastly overestimating the competence of her own people. Big blindspot from her.

I doubt Trump gives much thought to his policies beyond the first action he would take, but I wouldn't be surprised if some in that post-alt-right sphere would have the US divest from Israel specifically so Netanyahu would align with Russia and form a far-right Judeo-Christian axis coalition at the Eurasian crossroads without the US needing to spend any money on either.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2024, 11:08:17 AM »

What's the American equivalent of withdrawing the whip? Is there one? It's been well over a decade since I've bothered with Congressional procedure, so I've forgotten a lot of the little technicalities. In most countries there would be no need to ask, but Americans are so odd about anything to do with parties and groups.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2024, 11:13:20 AM »

What's the American equivalent of withdrawing the whip? Is there one? It's been well over a decade since I've bothered with Congressional procedure, so I've forgotten a lot of the little technicalities. In most countries there would be no need to ask, but Americans are so odd about anything to do with parties and groups.

It’s simply not available as congressional nominees are determined by primaries .

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2024, 11:24:51 AM »

It’s simply not available as congressional nominees are determined by primaries .

That's a candidate selection issue which is different. I meant expelling or suspending from the caucus, as this would definitely cross the threshold for that literally anywhere else.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2024, 11:46:46 AM »

They need to free the hostages before we negotiate peace
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2024, 11:48:30 AM »

I mean, afaik members of congress have actively campaigned for the opposing nominee, or even launched campaigns of their own, with little to no pushback from the congressional party.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 11:49:38 AM »

They need to free the hostages before we negotiate peace
She believes that the taking of the hostages was a historic victory for her people, so she opposes that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 11:53:50 AM »

I won't be surprised if one day she finds herself at Moscow as Vlad's guest, along with Snowden and Tara Reade.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 11:55:47 AM »

Hot take: This overall helps Biden more than it hurts.
kyc0705

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2024, 12:11:37 PM »

That's a candidate selection issue which is different. I meant expelling or suspending from the caucus, as this would definitely cross the threshold for that literally anywhere else.

It feels like this happens in state legislatures somewhat frequently, but the nature of American political parties being what they are, this means little in and of itself, aside from presumably not being invited to meetings. My guess is that the most severe punishment that a member of Congress could get from their party would be losing out on committee assignments.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2024, 12:53:01 PM »

She is for DSA, not for the DNC....

I´m  surprised why AIPAC hasn´t recruited and funded any black democrat to primary her.

She has a challenger, a local educator named Royce Kinniebrew, but AIPAC and DMFI only get off the fence against incumbents when they're convinced they can win. Watch Omar's race first.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2024, 12:57:31 PM »

I doubt Trump gives much thought to his policies beyond the first action he would take, but I wouldn't be surprised if some in that post-alt-right sphere would have the US divest from Israel specifically so Netanyahu would align with Russia and form a far-right Judeo-Christian axis coalition at the Eurasian crossroads without the US needing to spend any money on either.

Why would Israel or Russia want that? Even if there was a slight chance in the past, Putin's response to 10/7 ruined any opportunity as long as the war continues. Russia's main allies include Iran & Syria who want to see Israel wiped off the map. The only way I could see Israel & Russia form an alliance is if the west completely turns its back on Israel and its adversaries moderate their stance. The former I can see happening, the later would require regime change.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2024, 01:00:22 PM »

People like Tlaib are much happier with Trump in office because they'd prefer to virtue signal and complain than actually solve things.
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2024, 01:21:47 PM »

When will her primary take place? Does she have a serious challenger?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 01:25:39 PM »

When will her primary take place? Does she have a serious challenger?

No, the primary electorate in her district probably has a majority positive opinion of Hamas, she’s going to win easily unfortunately.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2024, 01:41:55 PM »

Why would Israel or Russia want that? Even if there was a slight chance in the past, Putin's response to 10/7 ruined any opportunity as long as the war continues. Russia's main allies include Iran & Syria who want to see Israel wiped off the map. The only way I could see Israel & Russia form an alliance is if the west completely turns its back on Israel and its adversaries moderate their stance. The former I can see happening, the later would require regime change.

Russia isn't aligned with Syria and Iran because it believes in Baathism or Shi'a theocracy. It's allied with Syria because Syria lets them have a naval and air base in the Mediterranean, and Iran because it sells them drones on the cheap, hates the US, and helps them to keep Assad in power. If someone else were to make them a similar offer, there's nothing inherently tying Russia to either country. Meanwhile, something like 20% of Israel's population is of post-Soviet extraction.

Not saying it's going to happen, and I obviously don't want it to happen, just that if you're on the fringe right, I can see it being a pie in the sky idea.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2024, 01:46:37 PM »

People like Tlaib are much happier with Trump in office because they'd prefer to virtue signal and complain than actually solve things.

This is basically true for the far-left and far-right. Latter is just a much bigger percentage of Republican lawmakers that the former is with regard to the Democrats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies