Biden campaign seeking meme expert for $85k/year
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:40:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden campaign seeking meme expert for $85k/year
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Biden campaign seeking meme expert for $85k/year  (Read 911 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2024, 10:03:49 AM »

Don't forget to show in your application all your threads you made about how Gen Z sucks, given it's the explicit goal of the Biden campaign to appeal to Gen Z.

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2024, 04:57:46 PM »

I think the problem many on this thread are trying to allude to but no one has hit the nail on the head more is that Democrats tend to be more politically correct in their rhetoric, when a lot of memes rely on some degree of political incorrectness to make the joke, which is why many Democratic memes may feel more "lame".
Jerry
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2024, 05:47:45 PM »

"Meme expert." Another example of how organic culture gets professionalized and cannibalized by capitalism. Oldest story in the book, surprised it took this long.

Memes used to be smart and funny like a nice mix of humor and some deep thoughts but we've hit rock bottom with all these weird Wojak pictures and dumb TikTok dances. I remember when I was a kid we used to spend hours building intricate LEGO cities that actually meant something. Memes now. They're just like those shotty LEGO knockoffs that fall apart as soon as you touch them. Look at all the lazy junk that fills our screens. Memes that once took time and some skill to make are now just crappy recycled garbage. Its as though meme culture took a nosedive into a pit of bad jokes and lame formats that keep repeating forever. I was in the grocery store the other day and I saw a kid throwing a tantrum over a broken toy. That's what meme culture feels like now a neverending tantrum over something that used to be fun and creative but is now just a joke.

And dont even start on those super weird super specific memes that nobody gets unless they're in some weird group. It's like trying to understand the appeal of stamp collecting to someone who’s never even seen a stamp. Memes used to be for everyone. Used to be a way to connect people from all over. I once met a guy who could repair damn near anything for 30 bucks and even he got old memes. Now there just confusing and push people apart. Instead of bringing us together for a good laugh meme culture is just a mess of confusion.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2024, 11:04:50 PM »

Personally after further contemplation, it appears that Team Biden is well underinvesting in the "Meme" and Social Media Campaign.

1.) The Biden campaign currently has a huge CoH advantage of the Trump Campaign.

2.) Team Trump is currently burning tens of Millions a Month on Legal Expenses.

3.) Team Biden has been burning tens of Millions a Month on Campaign Ads in swing states which appear to thus far making marginal improvements in poll numbers.

4.) Team Biden needs to invest a lot more than paying for what looks like a College Intern Job (Although relatively well paid plus Wilmington is much more inexpensive than DC), but instead start to since at minimum $5-$10 Million a month into Social Media Experts, and a dedicated team to target all communities with persuadable voters.

Memes are just a sliver of the target, since after all what can one Meme expert do alone?

A.) Could someone like BRTD talk to the American voter pool heavily influenced by Hip-Hop?
   B.) Could someone like NOVA GREEN talk to the American voter pool heavily influenced by Punk?
   C.) Could my Mom do memes to talk to themes of voters who became (20) when Kennedy and LBJ
        were running for Prez?
   D.) Who could do Country style Memes to micro-target older Americans who grew up in an era of
         Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Waylon Jennings?
   E.) Who could do Memes that would tie in Heavy Metal, from the earlier dayz of Grand Funk, Black
        Sabbath, and then tie it into later bands such as Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeath?

For now I will leave "Glam Metal at the door"

It is apparent that tying themes of music to images and presenting a context to how that is relevant to the past, present, and future of America that can be extremely powerful, perhaps much more so than just a bunch of typical TV Political Commercials which the vast majority of Americans tend to tune out....

Thoughts, Atlas Hive?

Still thinking that maybe BRTD should (unironically apply), but it is clear that the current Team Biden Political Communication structure might need a bit of a reboot, since basically they are still running off of typical CW which both parties have been running for at least (20) years when it comes to where and how to spend money.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2024, 03:21:57 AM »

New Employee's First Meme

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6H2A27s0It/
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia