Peggy Olson's Birthday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:35:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Peggy Olson's Birthday
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peggy Olson's Birthday  (Read 202 times)
LBJer
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2024, 09:58:09 AM »

Peggy Olson, my favorite character on Mad Men, would be 85 today.  She is the bomb--her transformation from a timid secretary when the series starts in 1960 to a confident, successful career woman by the time it ends in 1970 is awesome!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 12:28:27 PM »

Nice!

Of the major characters in Mad Men, she and Sally feels like the only ones who are likely to still be alive. (I suppose an outside shot for Pete Campbell, who wasn't a smoker and who was younger too).
LBJer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 09:36:47 PM »

Nice!

Of the major characters in Mad Men, she and Sally feels like the only ones who are likely to still be alive. (I suppose an outside shot for Pete Campbell, who wasn't a smoker and who was younger too).

Megan was born around 1940-41, so she'd have a similar chance of still being alive as Peggy.  Even Don could still be alive, but it would be very unlikely.  After Megan's surprise 40th birthday bash for him on Memorial Day 1966 (when she sings "Zou Bisou Bisou"), Don tells her he's actually "been 40 for half a year."  This means he was born in late 1925 or early 1926, so he'd be 98 now. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 09:39:59 PM »

Nice!

Megan was born around 1940-41, so she'd have a similar chance of still being alive as Peggy.  Even Don could still be alive, but it would be very unlikely.  After Megan's surprise 40th birthday bash for him on Memorial Day 1966 (when she sings "Zou Bisou Bisou"), Don tells her he's actually "been 40 for half a year."  This means he was born in late 1925 or early 1926, so he'd be 98 now. 

Good point! I forgot about Megan (which maybe says something about how her character was a bit underdeveloped).

Don is definitely dead however.
LBJer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 10:01:52 PM »

Nice!

Good point! I forgot about Megan (which maybe says something about how her character was a bit underdeveloped).

Don is definitely dead however.

Why do you say he's "definitely dead"?  Because of his smoking and drinking?  That certainly wouldn't help him reach 98, but good genes and luck could override it, as sometimes happens in real life.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 11:00:41 AM »

I always imagined Don would be dead by 1980.  Matt Weiner should write an in-universe sequel about Sally's career on Wall Street during the 1980s - lots of social, political, technological and gender stuff to play with during that era, and the fits would be awesome!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies