Voters are gaining trust in VP Harris after a string of high-profile events
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 09:59:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Voters are gaining trust in VP Harris after a string of high-profile events
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Voters are gaining trust in VP Harris after a string of high-profile events  (Read 920 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2024, 09:09:33 AM »

Compuzled_One
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 10:00:43 AM »

Yeah, unless something crazy happens, she'll win all the states in the 2028 nomination at this point.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 10:27:11 AM »

We are talking about Kamala Harris, right?
GAinDC

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 10:30:44 AM »

You love to see it.

After all these years of people saying she’s a liability for Biden, what if she’s his best asset?
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 11:21:13 AM »

You love to see it.

After all these years of people saying she’s a liability for Biden, what if she’s his best asset?

If the polls showing him being weak among minority voters are actually accurate, there’s a good chance she could be a great asset.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 11:46:50 AM »

I'm still not confident in her being a 2028 nominee who could win.

She's hardly a liability for Biden though, apparently. At worst, she's a non-factor.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 11:48:56 AM »

She is gonna be the frontrunner if Biden wins her political career isn't over unless Biden loses, but how much can she stand up to Gavin Newsom in 28 is gonna be the test, I have already ENDORSED Newsom for Prez, because of the way Biden fell behind in polls. But, since Biden is keeping her I will vote for her, it's whites like on the Forum that don't trust her
Bush did 311
Vatnos
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 12:24:04 PM »

If their plan is to have Biden croak at the 11th hour and have Harris cash in on the sympathy vote, then a lot of what they've done so far would make more sense.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 12:25:20 PM »

If their plan is to have Biden croak at the 11th hour and have Harris cash in on the sympathy vote, then a lot of what they've done so far would make more sense.

It does feel like the October surprise might be a 'catastrophic health issue' or some such that forces his resignation just weeks before the election or even days, with Harris then running on a sympathy vote.

Or, he wins and then steps down by June or so and Harris assumes office. It feels like the DNC engine is trying to make her popular so as to give her ground level support for a Presidency, and not in 2028, but much sooner.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 12:34:35 PM »

I never understood the Harris derangement syndrome to begin with. She's totally fine and in my personal view comes off as a funny, likeable person.

Her main issue seems to be that she doesn't bring some unique experience to the table that Biden lacks other than checking some boxes. Ergo, it's somewhat uncommon in this administration that the president has far more experience in both the executive and legislative branches. That was very different with Biden himself, as Obama heavily relied on his long experience in the senate. Even Pence sort of served as bridge between Trump and congressional Republicans. The same was true with Gore and Cheney, who were in Washington before while Bubba and Dubya came from outside. Mr. Potatoe was the last vice president to have significant less experience than his boss.

As for 2028, I would still prefer others like Whitmer, Moore, Beshear or Shapiro, though that says more about them being great politicians than it says about Kamala.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 08:03:19 PM »

I've said it before and I will repeat - Harris is a very smart and capable person who is too controlled by the WH to be of much use for the incumbent ticket.  Biden's people need to let her loose with some bold initiatives (e.g.  Medicare for all, etc.) to act as Biden's litmus paper and frankly attract some GOP flak and relieve the POTUS.  

The Democrats should also seriously prepare for a potential Harris - Haley matchup.  Harris was a formidable prosecutor, and she should do well in a debate, but she may need a policy or two she is championing to go with it, if she is going against a former Governor and UN Ambassador.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 08:53:01 PM »

As I said earlier, Biden stumbling in the polls and if Biden loses, which I don't expect will end her career. Gavin Newsom will mount a primary challenge to Harris in 28 because now his Approval are decent enough to mount a primary challenge. That's why I endorsed Newsom for Prez
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 08:56:22 PM »

It does feel like the October surprise might be a 'catastrophic health issue' or some such that forces his resignation just weeks before the election or even days, with Harris then running on a sympathy vote.

Or, he wins and then steps down by June or so and Harris assumes office. It feels like the DNC engine is trying to make her popular so as to give her ground level support for a Presidency, and not in 2028, but much sooner.

President Biden suddenly dying on the campaign trail in late October would certainly make things...interesting.  I wonder how that would shake up the race.  And how Trump would react. 
AltWorlder

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: 3.83

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 09:24:56 PM »

Coconutmentum
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2024, 09:31:49 PM »

Yeah, unless something crazy happens, she'll win all the states in the 2028 nomination at this point.

This is way too premature but in the event of Biden winning reelection, I think Harris becomes the odds on favorite to be the nominee in 2028 myself.  

I don't think she'll clear the field and a strong challenger will inevitably emerge, but she'll have the institutional support due to being the sitting VP and as well as a leg up among African-American voters.

If she falters, it'd likely be from not learning the right lessons from her 2020 campaign.

CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2024, 09:58:19 PM »

Voters exist in the context of all in which they live, and what came before them 🥥🌴
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 01:21:28 AM »

As they should. There’s nothing wrong with Vice President Harris, she’s fine. Really, she’s pretty much doing exactly what one should expect from the VPOTUS; acting as a solid, competent public official, without overshadowing President Biden. I hope voters warm up enough to her in time for the 2028 Presidential Election, to promote her up to the big job.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2024, 01:36:09 AM »

I don't trust anything from morning consult polling period.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2024, 02:13:03 AM »

Did anyone's trust really go up in Harris or is it more that she hasn't lost ground the way Biden has?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2024, 02:32:36 AM »

I'm still not confident in her being a 2028 nominee who could win.

She's hardly a liability for Biden though, apparently. At worst, she's a non-factor.

She's certainly the ultimate non-factor.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2024, 02:54:16 AM »

She is mediocre at best, as I said. She wasn't the flashing VP that emerged from BLM protests in 20, but it doesn't take much to beat Maga Trump
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2024, 12:05:38 PM »

The embed isn't loading. What are the odds that anyone would know these events are without reading its contents?

If Harris's numbers are improving, I wonder if it has something to do with Biden's personal unpopularity. With some Democrats running ahead of him in state-level polling, it would make sense if the same applied to the Vice President. Maybe people are reconsidering whether they would fell better with her at the top of the ticket.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 12:41:58 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2024, 02:19:13 PM by Donald Trump’s Toupée »

Nope.

I’d hardly think one poll is evidence of anything.

She’s not likable, she’s condensing, she talks in word salad and never says anything meaningful. Her head nodding, and that awful inappropriate nervous laughter is a turn off. Her policies are also terrible. Great job with the border! 🙄

No one wanted her in 2020 - she was the first to drop out in the primaries! She’s a drag on a very unpopular ticket, and Joe can’t drop her because of his choosing Harris as an affirmative action hire.

She will get nowhere near the presidency. If Trump wins in 2024, I very much doubt Harris will get any traction in 2028. Just no.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2024, 02:06:46 PM »

Nope.

I’d hardly think one poll is evidence of anything.

She’s not likable, she’s condensing, she talks in word salad and never says anything meaningful. Her head nodding, and that awful inappropriate nervous laughter is a turn off. Her policies are also terrible. Greg job with the border! 🙄

No one wanted her in 2020 - she was the first to drop out in the primaries! She’s a drag on a very u popular ticket, and Joe can’t drop her because of his choosing Harris as an affirmative action hire.

She will get nowhere near the presidency. If Trump wins in 2024, I very much doubt Harris will get any traction in 2028. Just no.

The identity obsessed left constantly publishes articles saying "we just haven't seen the real Kamala" yet. Everyone who follows politics closely knows what we know, her political skills suck and she is a poor candidate who the majority of Americans believe is unqualified.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2024, 02:37:08 PM »

This is my favorite new wbrock thread
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies