SC-1 GOP Primary (Emerson): Mace 47 / Templeton 22
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:24:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections
  2024 Senate & House Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC-1 GOP Primary (Emerson): Mace 47 / Templeton 22
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-1 GOP Primary (Emerson): Mace 47 / Templeton 22  (Read 467 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2024, 10:44:23 AM »

Key Point: Mace is under 50 % meaning if this happens next month there will be a Runoff between Rep. Mace and Catherine Templeton.

Also, the SCOTUS just upheld the SC-1 Congressional Map today.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 01:44:14 PM »

Key Point: Mace is under 50 % meaning if this happens next month there will be a Runoff between Rep. Mace and Catherine Templeton.

Still a lot of undecidedsd and unless they break overwelmingly against Mace she should get to 50%.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 01:48:32 PM »

It would be fun if Mace loses.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 01:53:36 PM »

Still a lot of undecidedsd and unless they break overwelmingly against Mace she should get to 50%.
I am not so sure of that. Haley won SC-1 during the Presidential Primary. Catherine Templeton served with Haley when she was Governor. Newt Gingrich endorsed Templeton.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 01:55:07 PM »

I am not so sure of that. Haley won SC-1 during the Presidential Primary. Catherine Templeton served with Haley when she was Governor. Newt Gingrich endorsed Templeton.

I expect there to be more Haley/Mace voters than Trump/Templeton ones.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 05:47:39 PM »

Templeton is farther right though, so that's the issue
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2024, 05:33:49 AM »

I honestly think Mace is weaker at this point as a candidate though due to the workplace scandals.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2024, 09:11:47 AM »

Primaries are extremely fluid; people change their minds far more willingly and easily than in general elections and money spent by and on behalf of the candidate matters a lot - I expect this one to get quite competitive with all the attention from interest groups and PAC's that it's poised to get.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2024, 09:31:52 AM »

Primaries are extremely fluid; people change their minds far more willingly and easily than in general elections and money spent by and on behalf of the candidate matters a lot - I expect this one to get quite competitive with all the attention from interest groups and PAC's that it's poised to get.

Are either Templeton or Young expected to drop out? I feel like one does if they want one to coaelsce the anti-Mace vote.

(btw, happy to see you back - enjoy all of your posts!)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2024, 01:49:40 PM »

Are either Templeton or Young expected to drop out? I feel like one does if they want one to coaelsce the anti-Mace vote.

SC has runoffs so it nobody needs to drop out.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2024, 01:55:36 PM »

I know, though Mace just comes off as fake as she apparently tried to have it both ways. Voted relatively moderate sometimes, swung back to MAGA like a pretzel.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2024, 02:12:12 PM »

I know, though Mace just comes off as fake as she apparently tried to have it both ways. Voted relatively moderate sometimes, swung back to MAGA like a pretzel.

I think Mace might be a “MAGA rhetoric, moderate voting” just like her state’s senior senator.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2024, 02:29:56 PM »

Ah gotcha. So they just need to hold Mace to under 50, which seems very plausible then.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2024, 02:33:27 PM »

Ah gotcha. So they just need to hold Mace to under 50, which seems very plausible then.

Well she’s very close to 50 though.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2024, 12:22:21 PM »

Too bad Templeton is crazier than Mace.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »