NC GOV SURVEY CENTER Robinson +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 06:50:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2024 Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC GOV SURVEY CENTER Robinson +5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC GOV SURVEY CENTER Robinson +5  (Read 826 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2024, 06:58:07 AM »

https://x.com/Politics_Polls/status/1793519735323467996
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 07:12:49 AM »

Remains a tossup, but I'm starting to think it'll track more closely to NC-PRES than I'd like.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 10:14:07 PM »

Oh God, please no!

But in all seriousness, I don't see Robinson outdoing Trump, even if he wins.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 12:23:45 AM »

If Robinson does win it would be because Stein came off across as too liberal for the state. Someone like Roy Cooper or possibly Jeff Jackson would have much better odds of winning this race.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 06:17:21 AM »

If Robinson does win it would be because Stein came off across as too liberal for the state. Someone like Roy Cooper or possibly Jeff Jackson would have much better odds of winning this race.

No, it's because Robinson was a stronger candidate than people realized. He won the Lieutenant Governor's race a few years ago on the same ballot as Cooper, after all.
Rubensim
Rookie
Malta

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 07:33:28 AM »

Nice, Look like North Carolina may flip red like louisiana back in 2023.
Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2024, 09:27:58 AM »

If Robinson wins, it probably means that Trump won the state by 3+ points. I just don't think there's going to be that much ticket splitting irregardless of Robinson's transactions and bad conduct.
Duke of York

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2024, 09:50:38 AM »

if people want this hate filled idiot as Governor they deserve him
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 12:07:24 PM »

Stein isn't Squad style progressive though, more like a standard liberal. I always find it quite funny candidates like Stein are portrayed as "too liberal for a swing state" by Republican operatives and the media, while far-right conspiracy nuts like Robinson aren't considered "too conservative/right-wing for a swing state". You basically never hear this, at least not outside Democratic bastions like California or Maryland. Stein is much closer to the center than Robinson. If indeed he was a Democratic equivalent of his opponent, he'd be to the left Bernie.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 12:11:02 PM »

This race clearly isn't over 2/5 pts is still MOE
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 12:19:54 PM »

Stein isn't Squad style progressive though, more like a standard liberal. I always find it quite funny candidates like Stein are portrayed as "too liberal for a swing state" by Republican operatives and the media, while far-right conspiracy nuts like Robinson aren't considered "too conservative/right-wing for a swing state". You basically never hear this, at least not outside Democratic bastions like California or Maryland. Stein is much closer to the center than Robinson. If indeed he was a Democratic equivalent of his opponent, he'd be to the left Bernie.
I don't think Stein is too liberal to win, in fact the race is a tossup for me right now. But he's liberal enough to the point that this race isn't a layup right now that it would be with someone like Cooper.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 01:12:29 PM »

I don't think Stein is too liberal to win, in fact the race is a tossup for me right now. But he's liberal enough to the point that this race isn't a layup right now that it would be with someone like Cooper.

That's how I understood the original post, that this talkingpoint was raised by campaign operatives and the media, not your personal opinion. I'd also rate it as tossup for the moment. Stein is definitely more likely to win the state than Biden and my expectation is Robinson will run behind Trump regardless of the outcomes.
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2024, 06:36:40 PM »

Stein kicked his campaign off by proposing tax cuts and Republicans are still gonna say he's too liberal, which is hysterical at this point. The guy's a center-right NC democrat similar to Cooper or Easley. Nobody's gonna care about his policies anyway. A dem governor's job in NC is to veto things. There's little else they can expect to ever do.

Until they get the numbers in the major cities to push for more, they will continue fielding a certain type of moderate that can win enough libertarian ticket splitters to top off their numbers to hold the governorship and prevent the state from turning into Honduras... as they have done.

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2024, 05:26:14 AM »

If Robinson wins, it probably means that Trump won the state by 3+ points. I just don't think there's going to be that much ticket splitting irregardless of Robinson's transactions and bad conduct.
Robinson has all of Trump's negatives + he's a religious zealot, unlike the latter. He's weaker than Trump and Biden is also weaker than Stein
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2024, 06:00:16 AM »

Robinson has all of Trump's negatives + he's a religious zealot, unlike the latter. He's weaker than Trump and Biden is also weaker than Stein

Biden is losing by 2 and Robinson is leading by 5 we had these crazy QU polls with Stein +8
Fancyarcher
United States
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2024, 09:43:04 AM »

None of that matters up to a point. North Carolina is a super-polarized state, and Trump will bring out Republicans who will checkmark Robinson irregardless. 

Realistically, Robinson has a very good chance of winning. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2024, 11:46:02 AM »

I think Rs take NC G race and Biden wins NC, Rs are gonna win some races
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »