Arab leaders in Michigan meet with Trump envoy and it goes how you’d expect
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:47:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Arab leaders in Michigan meet with Trump envoy and it goes how you’d expect
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Arab leaders in Michigan meet with Trump envoy and it goes how you’d expect  (Read 793 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2024, 07:04:16 AM »

I just don’t think it’s possible to have been “concerned” about Palestinians from 2017-2021 and ever think that Trump could possibly be an ally.
Politics has a history of making strange bedfellows. I can imagine that these leaders are feeling more than a little desperate to get someone to at least play ball with them. Those sort of feelings are going to lead to experimentation.
There's truth to this, yes.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2024, 01:18:40 PM »

Does any other voting group base their vote solely on US policy toward their nation of origin? I just never hear about Mexican-American voters being passionate about US relations with Mexico or Indians caring about how Biden is treating Modi and BJP. It just seems this group hasn't assimilated as others immigrants have.

Cubans?

Armenians, Venezuelans, Colombians, Israelis, Arabs, Vietnamese, Ukrainians now.

Agree with these although with Vietnamese it’s dissipating. Historically the Irish as well.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2024, 02:58:30 PM »

Does any other voting group base their vote solely on US policy toward their nation of origin? I just never hear about Mexican-American voters being passionate about US relations with Mexico or Indians caring about how Biden is treating Modi and BJP. It just seems this group hasn't assimilated as others immigrants have.

Cubans?

Im unsure about Cubans. The best ever Dem performance with Cubans came during the peak of rapprochement in 2016.
cherry mandarin
HL23

P
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2024, 12:43:33 AM »

I get that they are not happy with Biden’s actions, but did they really think Trump was going to bend to these demands?

Better to stick with Biden and continue putting pressure on him to secure a ceasefire.

Still doesn't hurt to try. Even if there's a 0% chance he agrees to their demands, at least they now have him on the record as being opposed to these specific demands. It provides clarity and certainty and voters will now know Trump's concrete stances on this issue, which will in turn help to better inform their vote this November.

I just never hear about Mexican-American voters being passionate about US relations with Mexico or Indians caring about how Biden is treating Modi and BJP.

Neither Mexicans nor Hindus are currently being subjected to a genocide by a hostile power on their own territory.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies