Asking Republicans: Why is there a "border crisis"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:16:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Asking Republicans: Why is there a "border crisis"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Asking Republicans: Why is there a "border crisis"?  (Read 118 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 22, 2024, 04:47:07 AM »

I have a deep well of sympathy for the Mexican people, and I've seen many on the right frame this as a "crisis", an "invasion." Now, with any group there will be a few bad apples, but why are right wingers so wont to call undocumented or illegal immigrants invaders, rapists, murderers?

We have hundreds of thousands coming across, many of these are people simply seeking a better life. Many of these will go on to be hard working American workers, employed in the absolute worst jobs and not given basic human rights or decency or treatment due to their undocumented status. This is a societal problem that will get worse, I feel, as economic and environmental factors get worse.

I don't believe that there is so much a "border crisis" as there is a humanitarian crisis at the border, yet so many Republicans seem determined to paint these people as villains rather than victims.

My question to Republicans or right wingers is why?

Or better asked, strictly to registered Republicans, sell me on the idea that the border issue is a crisis or invasion rather than a  mass migration of people. Why are more Mexicans in our society a bad thing?

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 12:21:41 PM »

Speaking as someone who doesn't value American culture as such and prefers people from the Third World (and thus not really who you are looking for, but hey first reply), the biggest misgivings that I have about the border situation are that it creates massive profits for cartels who extract large sums of money from people seeking to enter the United States and it relieves political pressure to actually better the situation in those countries as the most disgruntled people leave, effects that make life much worse for people who remain in their own countries. Understanding that for many reasons it is not realistic to import everyone into the United States, it behooves us to do our level best to improve the situation in these countries and not simply congratulate immigration on extricating some people from a bad situation while leaving many more there.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 12:37:39 PM »

Well, I´m not a cnservative on most issues but here I side with the american GOP.
People are not perfect. An open border enables a country to get:
- Drug smuggling in
- Lowlives
- Working people, who put wages down

While there is a discussion if the last part of it is actually a problem, a country should have the right to defend itself from foreing criminals entering its territory.

There is also the supposed case of "welfare illegals" that some claim to exist. is that real or is only a RW tall tell?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies