So we're not going to talk about Trump invoking Nazi Germany in a campaign ad?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:08:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  So we're not going to talk about Trump invoking Nazi Germany in a campaign ad?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So we're not going to talk about Trump invoking Nazi Germany in a campaign ad?  (Read 948 times)
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2024, 06:40:14 PM »

I think it's not actually a campaign ad. However he did post it so if he really didn't know that was there he needs to apologize on camera and disown the video. This obviously won't happen in Trump's case but I think that's the minimum that should be expected of anyone in this situation.
Trump wants this to fade from the news as fast as possible. Quietly deleting it seems like the best strategy.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2024, 07:08:03 PM »

Godwin's Law.

This is a non-issue tbh.

It's not going to sway voters, if you scream "nazi" to Trump or the Republicans. It only has the reversed effect.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2024, 07:10:18 PM »

This is not a normal election, and we need to act like it.

The Most Important Election of our Lifetime isn’t working out well huh?

To be honest, that's being said about every election basically.

It was the most important one in 2016
It was the most important one in 2020
It is the most important one now
It used to be the most important one in 2008 because an Afro-American never had been president before.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2024, 07:13:26 PM »

That's because it's true. Every election since 2000 has been the most important election.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2024, 07:19:08 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2024, 07:26:31 PM by LAKISYLVANIA »

Yeah we've gotten Biden.

And what have we seen

Barely anything that Trump would've done differently.

Trump threatened and withdrew from several organisations like Paris Climate Agreement, the Iran deal etc. He also threatened leaving NATO, UN and all kinds of international cooperations

And now we have Biden as president and he also openly says that he'll ignore and condemn the International Criminal Court.

The truth is that both aren't really that different, it's just their messaging, branding and way of campaigning.

Saying over & over this is the most important election or "he is a nazi!!!", is just gonna add up to the fatigue. If this wasn't the case, Biden would be crushing Trump.

This is a non-issue, it's not going to sway voters. The ones who would sway their vote over it already aren't voting for Trump... they would have left at the latest after 6 january...

It's a stupid low effort ad where someone took some random 20th century newspapers in WW1 and WW2 style theme probably and just pasted some headlines, like "Trump wins", "everyones happy that Trump won", peace through strengths, "america prevails".

I mean...

This is not how you win an election or are going to convince people to vote for Biden.

You aren't even convincing them to vote for Biden. You are convincing them to not vote for Trump, which well... a lot of people indeed won't do. Staying home, voting RFK jr. , Cornel West & Jill Stein instead.

This is the same mistake Clinton made in 2016. There is no focus on the strengths of who the people should vote for. Perhaps that's deliberately so because... there are no reasons or strengths? I don't know, but... that's what is remarkable about the Biden campaign.

8 years of smearing Trump, at a certain point people are fed up with it and have a certain fatigue. It's better to focus criticizing instead of all day the same thing over & over again on repeat... which only adds to fatigue and make really concerning revelations less effective.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2024, 07:23:17 PM »

If you're saying I shouldn't say it's the most important election because if the campaign did that it might turn off voters, well no I won't not say it lol.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2024, 07:24:00 PM »

If you're saying I shouldn't say it's the most important election because if the campaign did that it might turn off voters, well no I won't not say it lol.

It's always the most important election. It's a hyperbole that is used to drive out turnout and enthusiasm but it won't always be as effective if it's used every election over & over again.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2024, 07:26:20 PM »

Maybe but all I'm saying is that it is.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2024, 07:47:32 PM »

It's always the most important election. It's a hyperbole that is used to drive out turnout and enthusiasm but it won't always be as effective if it's used every election over & over again.

I find it ironic the one election they said was not the most important ended up being 2000 .
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2024, 07:48:08 PM »

I find it ironic the one election they said was not the most important ended up being 2000 .
Rather ironic indeed.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2024, 07:52:40 PM »

If they is me I included 2000.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2024, 09:18:47 PM »

This came from an "old-timey newspaper" template that includes a bunch of references to WW1. With Trump, there is a non-zero chance it was a deliberate dog whistle, but it's still a pretty small one and far more easily explained by being cheap and careless.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2024, 09:26:56 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2024, 09:31:48 PM by LAKISYLVANIA »

This came from an "old-timey newspaper" template that includes a bunch of references to WW1. With Trump, there is a non-zero chance it was a deliberate dog whistle, but it's still a pretty small one and far more easily explained by being cheap and careless.

The lol part is even that it isn't even related to the nazi's, the unified reich refers here to the kaiserreich. There was no nazis or hitler even at that point yet.

Yet the critics talk about nazi language

It's factually incorrect.

Trump is not copying straight from nazi germany, because it's not even nazi germany related...

Trump is out here once again taking a page from the Nazi playbook, and Atlas would rather argue about the cost of brand name peanut butter.

Nazi playbook yeah right lol.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2024, 10:16:17 PM »

Its hilarious seeing these lefty hack media pundits claiming if Trump gets elected President in 2024 he will be a dictator and wont leave office. Like bro, hes already been President and he wasnt a dictator and did leave office.

... He literally tried to stay in office. He tried to overturn the election and remain in power. What the hell are you talking about?

Are you going to argue that it doesn't count because he failed?

Answer me this: why is Trump saying himself that he'll be a dictator? Why is he repeatedly talking about getting rid of the 22nd

Or are you just going to parrot the same talking point that you do every time he says something that you can't spin, "he was just joking".
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2024, 10:58:01 PM »

Ah yes, that noted bastion of democracy and decency the Kaiserreich! How reassuring!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2024, 11:52:42 PM »

Its hilarious seeing these lefty hack media pundits claiming if Trump gets elected President in 2024 he will be a dictator and wont leave office. Like bro, hes already been President and he wasnt a dictator and did leave office.

... He literally tried to stay in office. He tried to overturn the election and remain in power. What the hell are you talking about?

Answer me this: why is Trump saying himself that he'll be a dictator? Why is he repeatedly talking about getting rid of the 22nd

Or are you just going to parrot the same talking point that you do every time he says something that you can't spin, "he was just joking".

New Ferguson questions dropped
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2024, 12:15:28 AM »

Heatcharger answers, however, are notably absent.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2024, 12:46:30 AM »

Heatcharger answers, however, are notably absent.

Lol this isn’t the SAT
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2024, 06:03:01 PM »

If Democrats are trolling on the "Unifed Reich" thing, then they're definitely desperate! It's as if they are trying to find something that will stick to Trump, with abortion as their go to fail-safe whistling past the graveyard gambit, its a case of "failure to launch", then Biden's nauseating attempt to placate the left, by Biden's throwing "Israel under the bus" proves that Biden is a cheap "hack pol" who can't be trusted  What was it that Obama once said about Slow Joe? "Don't underestimate Joe Biden capacity to f#*k things up" and boy Obama was right on the money, the lying dog faced pony soldier is really doing a slam dunk job of f#*king things up!
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2024, 06:43:53 PM »

"Um actually it's referring to the Kaiserreich" is such a weak defense lmao. Unless you're a historian or something, when you hear the word "reich", don't even act like the first thing that comes to your mind isn't the third reich
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2024, 06:49:26 PM »

"Um actually it's referring to the Kaiserreich" is such a weak defense lmao. Unless you're a historian or something, when you hear the word "reich", don't even act like the first thing that comes to your mind isn't the third reich

Not like Trump is saying that, i'm saying that lol.

And yes if you want to waste your time on a non-issue like this, go ahead but this isn't going to make you win back the momentum.

Don't think anyone cares about this, people care about kitchen table issues.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2024, 01:54:55 PM »

Not like Trump is saying that, i'm saying that lol.

And yes if you want to waste your time on a non-issue like this, go ahead but this isn't going to make you win back the momentum.

Don't think anyone cares about this, people care about kitchen table issues.

I agree, and I'm not a Democrat anyway, I don't particularly care what they choose to focus on. I generally agree that trying to make hay out of stuff like this is a bad play when kitchen table issues are much bigger in voters' minds. I know this, I'm from Canada, and federal polling in my country is an excellent cautionary tale for Democrats (from which they're not taking any lessons, because of course they're not - granted the general mood about the economy isn't quite as bad in the states as it is in Canada, and our main conservative opposition isn't quite as extreme, so Biden is in a better position than Trudeau and Dems can afford to take their eyes off a bit).

All I'm saying is, the word "reich" literally only invokes one thing to most people. It's like painting a swastika on a wall and saying "no no I'm not a nazi or anything just a very devout Hindu asking the gods for good fortune!" Like come on now.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2024, 02:01:36 PM »

Hot take, but 2024 is less important than 2020. This is because in 2020 we had a realistic chance of getting a trifecta and it was during the greatest crisis America has faced during the Great Depression.

Dems are nearly guaranteed to lose the senate this year, so there is little hope for any significant policy changes during a 2nd Biden term. And America is much more stable than in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies