Taskmaster Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Taskmaster Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Taskmaster Megathread  (Read 173 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2024, 08:20:06 PM »

Battista PMed me about this, and I figured it would make sense to start a thread!

Have recently gotten into this show and it's been quite indispensable, especially in this time where the world feels so bleak. It's all on YouTube as well, so quite easy to access. It's a show where various British comics have to do silly challenges, some of which involve lateral thinking.

Some favorite moments:

The best bit is when the women do their stag do. Anything Judi Love is in is funny to me.

Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 03:44:08 AM »

You cannot start this thread without mentioning upfront the oldest and most discussed Classic Moment of the show, the Joe Wilkinson potato throw:

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 03:00:05 AM »

I watched the first 2 seasons and really enjoyed them. Plan to watch more seasons at some point in the future, but not right now.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 12:10:24 PM »

I'll mention a favourite deep cut of mine that I have never seen brought up anywhere. There are (at least) two different episodes of the show that are named after Greg Davies's reaction to a contestant using the word dehumanizing to describe a task: S8 E2 "A Novel About Russian Gulags" and S10 E2 "A Documentary About a Despot".
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 08:38:05 PM »

Battista, who do you think are the funniest contestants? The frontrunners for me are probably Katherine Ryan, Judi Love, Sam Campbell, David Correos from NZ, and the entire cast of Series 7.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 05:10:27 AM »

Battista, who do you think are the funniest contestants? The frontrunners for me are probably Katherine Ryan, Judi Love, Sam Campbell, David Correos from NZ, and the entire cast of Series 7.

Good question, I disagree with most of these. My frontrunners are Mike Wozniak, Bridget Christie, the entire cast of Series 5, perhaps Series 7 as well and (for entirely different reasons) Katherine Parkinson. Also I've watched some clips of Cāndido Costa from Portugal and man is he worse than David Correos, much enhanced by the fact that I only understand ~30% of what he is saying.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2024, 06:35:38 AM »

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2024, 12:15:59 PM »

Good question, I disagree with most of these. My frontrunners are Mike Wozniak, Bridget Christie, the entire cast of Series 5, perhaps Series 7 as well and (for entirely different reasons) Katherine Parkinson. Also I've watched some clips of Cāndido Costa from Portugal and man is he worse than David Correos, much enhanced by the fact that I only understand ~30% of what he is saying.

All of those people could have easily ended up on that list for me lol, except Katherine Parkinson (no hate, just didn't stand out much).

Are you not a Correos enjoyer? Man's wildly broad and physical but he pulls it off imo, like the Three Stooges or something.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2024, 12:29:08 PM »

All of those people could have easily ended up on that list for me lol, except Katherine Parkinson (no hate, just didn't stand out much).

Are you not a Correos enjoyer? Man's wildly broad and physical but he pulls it off imo, like the Three Stooges or something.

I haven't watched that series fully but I'd say Correos takes it a bit too far for me. Also I should stress these are not entirely overlapping with my favourite contestants, where I'd say Mark Watson and especially Victoria Coren Mitchell stand out for being the ones I could identify with the most.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies