Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rep. Jasmine Crockett on MTG: "bleach blonde bad built butch body"  (Read 2119 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2024, 01:49:04 PM »

Ain't it cute that people who vote for Trump are so concerned about decorum and the moral high ground?
It's like they almost mean what they say.

It's always projection.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2024, 01:49:32 PM »

Of course the Pennsylvania ogre, who constantly disrespects Congress with his repulsive outfits and mean spirited slacker attitude, tried to both sides this.

Imagine actually caring if a Senator wears a suit or not Roll Eyes

You don't have to wear a suit but you should at least try to look presentable. Wear clothes that fit. Act like you're making an effort. He looks smelly and gross.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2024, 01:53:33 PM »

Of course the Pennsylvania ogre, who constantly disrespects Congress with his repulsive outfits and mean spirited slacker attitude, tried to both sides this.

Imagine actually caring if a Senator wears a suit or not Roll Eyes

You don't have to wear a suit but you should at least try to look presentable. Wear clothes that fit. Act like you're making an effort. He looks smelly and gross.

I like Fetterman and think this is part of his brand, but generally I also believe that lawmakers should dress properly. Doesn't always have to be a suit or even necktie, but I wouldn't even dress in a hoodie as congressional staffer, let alone a senator. However, I'm personally somewhat conservative on dresscodes.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2024, 02:27:53 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2024, 02:35:04 PM by gerritcole »

Ain't it cute that people who vote for Trump are so concerned about decorum and the moral high ground?

It's always projection.

Have you apologized yet for liking Rep Crockertts ‘black accent’? Quite misogynistic and troublingly racist tbh, also very patronizing for a very successful minority woman for you to reduce her to her appearance and accent,
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2024, 02:34:08 PM »

Jasmine Crockett is so adorable Purple heart I also like her black accent.

This is embarrassing.

President Johnson just going to pretend like he didn’t make this creepy comment? Hilarious.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2024, 02:34:46 PM »

It's always projection.

Have you apologized yet for like Rep Crockertts ‘black accent’? Quite misogynistic and troublingly racist tbh

What does "black accent" even mean? Ayanna Pressley sounds just as different from Crockett as Lisa Murkowski sounds from Marsha Blackburn. Not only was it weird, I'm not even understanding what he meant.
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »

It's always projection.

Have you apologized yet for like Rep Crockertts ‘black accent’? Quite misogynistic and troublingly racist tbh

What does "black accent" even mean? Ayanna Pressley sounds just as different from Crockett as Lisa Murkowski sounds from Marsha Blackburn. Not only was it weird, I'm not even understanding what he meant.

Idk prez Johnson needs to speak for himself, I’m not sure what accent he expected her to have
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2024, 02:37:32 PM »

It's always projection.

I was actually serious about that I like the African American English accent (as well as Southern/Texan accent, while I dislike Oxford English). I just deleted it because it's not really on topic of the thread. If term itsself was inapproriate for some reason, I honestly didn't know that although I've always been interested in African American culture and history. I mean, there's a reason Johnson is my favorite president.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2024, 02:39:56 PM »

It's always projection.

I was actually serious about that I like the African American English accent (as well as Southern/Texan accent, while I dislike Oxford English). I just deleted it because it's not really on topic of the thread. If term itsself was inapproriate for some reason, I honestly didn't know that although I've always been interested in African American culture and history. I mean, there's a reason Johnson is my favorite president.

While Crockett perhaps uses AAVE more heavily than most of her other colleagues, and maybe that is what you were referring to, there is still no such thing as a "black accent" anymore than there is a "white accent." Plus tons of younger white people have also adopted parts of AAVE. There is no such thing as "talking white" or "talking black." I don't think you were being malicious but it was very broad and came off weird.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2024, 02:40:23 PM »

AOC vs Marjorie

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7EpCaXsOyW/

Not exactly a battle of intellectual heavyweights.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2024, 02:44:01 PM »

I'd love to hear how some of you all would react if someone launched a personal attack against you first. Don't pretend as if you wouldn't have a comeback because you would.

The problem is not her coming with a comeback the problem is that she does in the worst possible way. MTG comes with an attack which really translate into her accusing Crockett focusing too much on her appearance and then Crockett comes with a witty comeback worthy of a vapid high school girl. If you come with a comeback you should do it in a way which doesn’t prove their point, which also makes you look good and hurt them. Crockett should have attacked MTG for wasting the publics money on meaningless conflicts with her co-workers.

MTG took it personal and Crockett responded in kind. Plus we don't know exactly how much MTG is saying behind the scenes and that may have resulted in things boiling over. The milquetoast "you're wasting the taxpayers dollars" responses aren't going to cut it anymore.

So if somebody is making personal attacks against you and the committee won't enforce the rules you aren't supposed to say anything back? That's not how the real world works. What is embarrassing is that the House of Representatives is run by hypocrites and morons.

Democrats NOT responding is part of why they don't win elections. Right after Michelle Obama said "when they go low we go high" Trump won the election. It's time to read these people for filth.

If you want to continue to claim any moral high ground?  Yes, lol.

Once again, the committee refused to uphold the rules. Moral high ground goes out the window when someone attacks your personal appearance and is not reprimanded for it. Crockett was basically proving a point about the hypocritical way the GOP is running the House.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2024, 02:46:55 PM »

Bleach blonde bad built butch body is a killer line
Obama24
United States
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2024, 03:05:19 PM »

Bit of a tongue twister.

MTG sucks and is white trash, but, another senator acting equally like a trashy high schooler isn't the answer. I expect that behavior from my nieces, not from people who draw their income from tax payers. I know, "two wrongs don't make a right", so old fashioned. But hey, possibly still true. Crazy to hold elected officials to a high standard, I know.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2024, 03:09:22 PM »

Bit of a tongue twister.

MTG sucks and is white trash, but, another senator acting equally like a trashy high schooler isn't the answer. I expect that behavior from my nieces, not from people who draw their income from tax payers. I know, "two wrongs don't make a right", so old fashioned. But hey, possibly still true. Crazy to hold elected officials to a high standard, I know.

This is the House not the Senate. If you are going to moralize and preach at least know which house you are talking about. But I don't expect anything better from Trump supporters.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2024, 03:19:50 PM »

Sounds like the title of one of those bad movies on Netflix where I happen upon it, read the summary, then decide I'm not interested and wonder why Netflix thought it was a "96% match" for me. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2024, 03:20:30 PM »

This was dumb and everyone involved came out of it looking like a childish moron
Obama24
United States
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2024, 03:20:56 PM »

Bit of a tongue twister.

This is the House not the Senate. If you are going to moralize and preach at least know which house you are talking about. But I don't expect anything better from Trump supporters.

Not a Trump supporter, a registered Democrat, but also a realist. I called them senators as shorthand, perhaps I should've used Congress people or reps but I've had a long day.

I'm neither moralizing or preaching, I'm expressing my opinion. I expect more from my representatives than I do from your average white trash on the street. Pity you don't.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2024, 03:21:29 PM »

This was dumb and everyone involved came out of it looking like a childish moron

Careful, Dr. Scholl might call you a Trump supporter for speaking facts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2024, 03:25:34 PM »

Bit of a tongue twister.

Not a Trump supporter, a registered Democrat, but also a realist. I called them senators as shorthand, perhaps I should've used Congress people or reps but I've had a long day.

I'm neither moralizing or preaching, I'm expressing my opinion. I expect more from my representatives than I do from your average white trash on the street. Pity you don't.

You just posted a thread saying that Trump should run a racist campaign and attack Biden over inflation, but ok.

And that's not what shorthand means. Representative and Senator are not interchangeable. Not even Congressman and Senator are interchangeable based on how Congressman applies to Representatives. 

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2024, 03:25:38 PM »

Maybe, but going the "high road" hasn't really helped the Democrats. MTG definitely deserves to be called out for her BS. Unfortunately the times so far have a changed and Republicans have no desire to actually return to having good faith discussions over issues as it should be and as you should expect from lawmakers (who should actually act as role models).
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2024, 03:36:13 PM »

Not a Trump supporter, a registered Democrat, but also a realist.

Yeah, and I am Brad Pitt's more handsome brother.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2024, 03:38:30 PM »

Bit of a tongue twister.

You just posted a thread saying that Trump should run a racist campaign and attack Biden over inflation, but ok.

And that's not what shorthand means. Representative and Senator are not interchangeable. Not even Congressman and Senator are interchangeable based on how Congressman applies to Representatives. 

I like political strategy and I don't think I indicated that he should attack him in a racist campaign, I went by known Trump strategy (which does include mentioning the border a lot, does it not?) and also by what appeals to his supporter. I like the political game. I think Trump is the favorite to win as of right now. I like politically spitballing because it's fun and because I am franly good at it. I could just as easily draw up a strategy for Biden if you'd like?

Also, whether you like it or not, the perception (not statistical fact) of inflation is a problem for Biden.

Again, I said I had a long day. You're picking an argument over at best a typo and at worst a mental flub because you're angry. But your anger isn't my problem, frankly.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2024, 03:42:58 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2024, 03:58:57 PM »

Zell Miller and Bob Novak were also registered Democrats.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2024, 04:00:13 PM »

Zell Miller and Bob Novak were also registered Democrats.

I've literally voted Democratic in every Presidential election I've been eligible to vote in. I'm not sure what further proof you'd like?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies