Trump: I got 90% in the primary, all Haley voters are coming to me
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:05:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump: I got 90% in the primary, all Haley voters are coming to me
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: I got 90% in the primary, all Haley voters are coming to me  (Read 475 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2024, 05:35:33 PM »

Apparently the smartest president ever can't do first grade math.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4668164-donald-trump-brushes-off-nikki-haley-primary-voters/

“Well, she got very few voters relatively … I got almost, I guess, close to 90 percent,” the former president said when asked if he will try to recapture voters who went for Haley in primaries like Wisconsin in an interview on Scripps News with the outlet’s Charles Benson.

“She got very few voters,” Trump continued. “And those voters are all coming to me, and you may have a lot of Democrats in there because they have a very tricky little system. But those voters are coming to me. We just did a poll where we’re leading [President Biden] by a lot in Wisconsin … when I say a lot, we’re leading by 2 or 3 points, we have one where we’re leading him by 5 points.”

Trump’s comments come after a string of GOP primaries in which Haley garnered significant support from voters despite dropping out a few months ago. The former United Nations ambassador earned 20 percent of the vote in the Maryland primary, 18 percent in the Nebraska primary and 9.4 percent in the West Virginia primary, all of which happened earlier this week, according to election results from Decision Desk HQ.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 05:41:30 PM »

The words "Shut up, b****" come to mind every time he speaks. He is so annoying.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 03:27:15 PM »

Well, he can defend the 90% number by claiming that the rest of Haley primary voters were not Republican and even then, the math does not add up.  And frankly in a tight race, even 10% of primary voters is yooge!

I would view that comment more as a signal and as public negotiations with Haley.  He wants to lower her price for coming to him (not sure whether just for endorsement or as a VP).  I doubt that flea market bargaining strategy will work but we shall see.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 03:51:19 PM »

Trumps got 99 problems but a bi aint that one.
GAinDC

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2024, 05:22:42 PM »

Well, he can defend the 90% number by claiming that the rest of Haley primary voters were not Republican and even then, the math does not add up.  And frankly in a tight race, even 10% of primary voters is yooge!

I would view that comment more as a signal and as public negotiations with Haley.  He wants to lower her price for coming to him (not sure whether just for endorsement or as a VP).  I doubt that flea market bargaining strategy will work but we shall see.

Oh geez, how many times have we heard this over the last nine years?

“Don’t worry, folks — I know Trump’s statement seems like a complete lie if you just go by the facts, but if you let me dissect it for the next 15 minutes, you’ll see it actually makes a lot of sense and is a brilliant political 3D chess move!”

Not buying it!
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2024, 05:57:54 PM »

“Don’t worry, folks — I know Trump’s statement seems like a complete lie if you just go by the facts, but if you let me dissect it for the next 15 minutes, you’ll see it actually makes a lot of sense and is a brilliant political 3D chess move!”

Not buying it!

Bu bu Trump quoted wrong numbers about a settled primary he won in a landslide. He’s a dumb idiot and mentally unsound.

Unrelatedly it’s totally normal to forget how and in what country your son died, that’s easy to mess up.
GAinDC

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2024, 06:15:13 PM »

Not buying it!

Bu bu Trump quoted wrong numbers about a settled primary he won in a landslide. He’s a dumb idiot and mentally unsound.

Unrelatedly it’s totally normal to forget how and in what country your son died, that’s easy to mess up.

What’s your point? I’m talking about Trump’s statement, not Biden’s

And it’s kind of hackish behavior to insult a guy about his memory of his dead son. Grief is complex. I’m talking about Trump’s many lies about election results.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2024, 06:23:28 PM »

I’d say it’s a bit more hackish to claim you’re a gold star family than misrepresent your primary share by, what? 5%?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2024, 08:13:41 PM »

Not buying it!

Huh?  Try reading my post again - while I mention how Trump would try and defend this statement, I clearly indicate his math does not add up.  And my personal opinion remains that this is more for Haley's ears (which I describe as flea market bargaining, not a brilliant chess move)!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2024, 09:08:51 PM »

I’d say it’s a bit more hackish to claim you’re a gold star family than misrepresent your primary share by, what? 5%?

Off by up to 12% in states after Haley withdrew, and around 25% in the average state in which she ran an active campaign.
GAinDC

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2024, 06:31:16 AM »

Not buying it!

Huh?  Try reading my post again - while I mention how Trump would try and defend this statement, I clearly indicate his math does not add up.  And my personal opinion remains that this is more for Haley's ears (which I describe as flea market bargaining, not a brilliant chess move)!

I know. I was extrapolating on your statement Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies