Biden Administration moves to make Marijuana a schedule 3 drug
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:27:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Administration moves to make Marijuana a schedule 3 drug
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Administration moves to make Marijuana a schedule 3 drug  (Read 348 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2024, 12:06:21 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:10:04 PM »

Awesome news. And just one more item for the "Biden hasn't done anything crowd" given that this is one more item Trump's admin would never do.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 12:18:48 PM »

Great move by Dark Brandon!
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 01:59:20 PM »

Good news, but hasn't he been doing this for almost four years now? Decriminalizing (or rescheduling) marijuana isn't something people would forget about if it wasn't close enough to election day. He should've done this in his first couple months.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2024, 02:08:36 PM »

Good news, but hasn't he been doing this for almost four years now? Decriminalizing (or rescheduling) marijuana isn't something people would forget about if it wasn't close enough to election day. He should've done this in his first couple months.

Very obvious electioneering yes, though for the small group who truly care about it (pro/anti) that won't matter.

And I can't stress the small group sizes - the referenda campaigns that have pushed this issue recently don't elicit visceral reactions like abortion. There aren't many single issue voters like other issues. It's more most people think things should be one way, but don't care if they are another. And that's cause divide is mostly generational with a religious angle, rather than partisan.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2024, 02:30:55 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2024, 02:34:38 PM by GP270watch »

Biden is achieving things people have been talking about for years and getting little credit because people feel like marijuana should be legal already. Nobody in the Federal government was doing a damn thing except Biden. Biden is racking up wins whether people want to acknowledge it or not.
GAinDC

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2024, 02:32:53 PM »

Biden is achieving things people have bene talking about for years and getting little credit because people feel like marijuana should be legal already. Nobody in the Federal government was doing a damn thing except Biden. Biden is racking up wins whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

He really is!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2024, 02:33:09 PM »

Republicans: Gateway drug! Save our kids! something something something hysterical!
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 02:51:46 PM »

Biden is achieving things people have been talking about for years and getting little credit because people feel like marijuana should be legal already. Nobody in the Federal government was doing a damn thing except Biden. Biden is racking up wins whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

Trump virtually legalized Delta 8 gummies, but go off champ.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 03:03:16 PM »

Trump signed a piece of legislation about Hemp that had a loophole and then GOP freaked out ever since and many states are in the process of closing it like MAGA DeSantis here in Florida.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2024, 03:20:15 PM »

Oh, my God I had no idea about this. Trump is amazing for this. /sarc

No one cares.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2024, 03:21:41 PM »

Oh, my God I had no idea about this. Trump is amazing for this. /sarc

No one cares.

I’m not saying Delta 8 is good or fun (I have experience), but the Dem line that Trump was your average NeoCon on marijuana is just not true at all.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 03:40:46 PM »

No one cares...
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2024, 04:18:21 PM »

did the Soviets win elections when they ended the gulags?  This is great news, but sheesh, when do we get our apology?

<I will stand by my promises from the previous thread when this finally becomes real...if it does>
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2024, 06:08:23 PM »

Part of a bigger picture in that the way Biden has acted in the last week with this, wanting to EO the border restrictions, imposing the tariffs, and wanting to debate Trump shows that he is behind and desperate. As for this policy, I'm not necessarily opposed to this I guess we will see how it goes.
GAinDC

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2024, 06:22:12 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2024, 06:25:14 PM by GAinDC »

Part of a bigger picture in that the way Biden has acted in the last week with this, wanting to EO the border restrictions, imposing the tariffs, and wanting to debate Trump shows that he is behind and desperate. As for this policy, I'm not necessarily opposed to this I guess we will see how it goes.

Or maybe he’s….. (gasp)….. just governing and campaigning!

Declassifying a drug at the federal level takes time to conduct the research and build consensus, so this has probably been in the works for many months.

Regarding debates — Trump was asking for them first.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 10:19:56 PM »

Doesn’t really matter. Just means more research on medicinal weed which is fake and easier financing for weed companies .
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies