Current Polling Mirrors the 2022 GCB
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Current Polling Mirrors the 2022 GCB
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current Polling Mirrors the 2022 GCB  (Read 202 times)
Unelectable Bystander
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 06:16:24 PM »

A common complaint on atlas is how the current state of polling could be at all possible without any other evidence? What if that evidence is the 2022 results? Try comparing the 538 averages with the 2022 adjusted GCB.

Arizona
R +3.4 polling
R +2.2 GCB

Florida
R +9.3 polling
R +16 GCB

Georgia
R +5.9 polling
R +4.6 GCB

Michigan
R +0.6 polling
D +2.3 GCB

Nevada
R +6.8 polling
R +3.4 GCB

North Carolina
R +6.1 polling
R +4.3 GCB

Ohio
R +9.6 polling
R +13 GCB

Pennsylvania
R +1.8 polling
R +0.6 GCB

Texas
R +9.9 polling
R +13 GCB

Wisconsin
R +1.2 polling
R +1.8 GCB

Polling is painting an exact 2022 picture when you take into account pro-GOP polling in Nevada, pro-Dem polling in Ohio, poor GOP turnout in Michigan, and poor Dem turnout in Florida and Texas.

You can always point to uncompetitive races and say that turnout will be different in 2024. It may well be and I’m not predicting a 2022 redux. All I’m saying is that polling is no crazier than what we saw in 2022 and that’s a lot closer to presidential turnout than special elections or vibes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 06:54:51 PM »

Lol the difference between polls now and in 22 should be inflated prices it's 3 percent now it was 5/8 percent in 22 that's where polls are making their mistakes, but we are gonna get some version of 270 to 319 as long as Biden is reelected
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 09:56:32 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2024, 10:04:02 PM by Dan the Roman »

A common complaint on atlas is how the current state of polling could be at all possible without any other evidence? What if that evidence is the 2022 results? Try comparing the 538 averages with the 2022 adjusted GCB.

Arizona
R +3.4 polling
R +2.2 GCB

Florida
R +9.3 polling
R +16 GCB

Georgia
R +5.9 polling
R +4.6 GCB

Michigan
R +0.6 polling
D +2.3 GCB

Nevada
R +6.8 polling
R +3.4 GCB

North Carolina
R +6.1 polling
R +4.3 GCB

Ohio
R +9.6 polling
R +13 GCB

Pennsylvania
R +1.8 polling
R +0.6 GCB

Texas
R +9.9 polling
R +13 GCB

Wisconsin
R +1.2 polling
R +1.8 GCB

Polling is painting an exact 2022 picture when you take into account pro-GOP polling in Nevada, pro-Dem polling in Ohio, poor GOP turnout in Michigan, and poor Dem turnout in Florida and Texas.

You can always point to uncompetitive races and say that turnout will be different in 2024. It may well be and I’m not predicting a 2022 redux. All I’m saying is that polling is no crazier than what we saw in 2022 and that’s a lot closer to presidential turnout than special elections or vibes.

I think this is correct and that 2022 redux is the current environment. The problem is that most people have convinced themselves 2022 heralded a Democratic victory nationally, wheras it was a victory over expectations in which they lost the House vote by 2%+.

The operative questions for 2024 then is not so much whether the environment will be that different. Instead, it is whether

1.Trump is stronger than "Trumpist" candidates like Blake Masters, Dr. Oz, Mastriano, Herschel Walker, Tudor Dixon, etc

2. Biden is weaker than Democratic incumbents/candidates like Warnock, Whitmer, CCM, Fetterman, Shapiro, Kelly....

Right now there are indications that while Trump is not strong, he lacks what we might term, the unique flaws of many of the Trumpist candidates.

At the same time, Biden is consistently running behind down-ballot Democrats in virtually all polling, a situation backed up by the overwhelming majority of other evidence.

If we look at 2022, I think it is pretty clear the relative gaps between Trump/Walker/Masters and Biden/Warnock/Kelly probably mean Trump wins AZ/GA. MI/PA were so lopsided it is hard to tell how much the candidates mattered and how much they have genuinely shifted.

WI/NV tossups

ME2 went for LePage while losing statewide by more than Trump will, NE2 almost saw Bacon lose so both are probably safe respectively.

So things come down to WI unless we believe polling in Michigan which is the one place where I struggle to place much faith in it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies