Red avatars, blue avatars: what top three issues do you disagree with your party on the most?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:09:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Red avatars, blue avatars: what top three issues do you disagree with your party on the most?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Red avatars, blue avatars: what top three issues do you disagree with your party on the most?  (Read 681 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 09:03:29 AM »

well?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 12:33:04 PM »

Foreign Policy
Entitlements
Drug Policy
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 01:10:19 PM »

Foreign Policy
Entitlements
Drug Policy

So…you’re a Republican?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 01:17:55 PM »

Foreign Policy
Entitlements
Drug Policy

So…you’re a Republican?

He doesnt agree with either party on foreign policy anymore and also foreign policy is not a partisan issue at all. Ritchie Torres and Nikki Haley agree more on foreign policy than they do with the party leadership of their respective parties at this current moment.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 01:21:41 PM »

Obamacare
Abortion
Foreign Policy

This does not mean I agree with the Democrats on the latter two either.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 01:35:22 PM »

Gun control
Abortion
Immigration
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 04:09:30 PM »

Only one I can think of right now: It's a disagreement with the approach to protecting the environment:

1. Paper straws and plastic bag bans, and the movement to take handles off of bags to try and get people to bring their own.

and obviously "Defund the Police" is one of the worst slogans I've ever heard.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 04:59:46 PM »

Wokeness, Wokitude, The Woke
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 05:40:47 PM »

- tobacco
- Title IX rape policies
- Operation Choke Point
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 07:22:19 PM »

Counting myself as a Republican:

General isolationism/nativism
Proneness to conspiracy theories
Lack of commitment to social conservatism (pro-life, traditional marriage, etc.)
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 09:43:08 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2024, 09:47:42 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

I'm a Green avie but here's some of my observations:

1. MAGA and whatever you want to call the progressive left of the Dem Party both being prone to extremism as well as cancelling and/or slandering those who don't agree with them 100%.
2. The way you live your life (music/news you listen to, brands you buy or boycott etc.) shouldn't be an accurate indicator of how you vote.
3. How the left is too paranoid about free enterprise and the GOP is too paranoid about the fed. government.

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2024, 03:26:40 AM »

Redistribution - Taxes should be much higher and much more progressive, to fund an extensive welfare state.

Foreign Policy - I support a commonsense and consistent approach on Israel-Palestine; the U.S. government should sanction Israeli government actors like we do in other rogue states like Myanmar or Belarus.

Healthcare - I support a UK-style national health service.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2024, 10:55:09 PM »

For the Dems:

Gun control
Immigration
Political correctness
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2024, 11:34:53 PM »

It's hard to come up with concrete criticisms of the Democratic party as a whole.

Progressive Democrats:
wealth tax, hostility towards entrepreneurship

Dem establishment:
NIMBYism, restrictive zoning policies

Atlas D-avatars:
full federal marijuana legalization
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2024, 07:50:37 PM »

It's hard to come up with concrete criticisms of the Democratic party as a whole.

Progressive Democrats:

Dem establishment:

Atlas D-avatars:

Marijuana has had a similar effect on the African American community as alcohol on Native Americans.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2024, 08:21:12 PM »

#1 most of them are a bunch of appeasers who dont want to take the fight to the russkis, red chinese, and iranians aka the axis of evil (but this is also true about all the other parties)

#2 a lot of them support gun control

#3 they think the house in the ocean is an urban legend
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024, 10:00:19 PM »

Progressive Democrats:

Dem establishment:

Atlas D-avatars:

Marijuana has had a similar effect on the African American community as alcohol on Native Americans.

Some of that was due to selective enforcement of drug laws, which I'm glad to see the current administration has taken some steps to fix.

Brandon made the right call here. Weed isn't exactly HFCS but it isn't quite fentanyl either.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2024, 04:26:00 PM »

Disagree with Democrats:
1. Abortion
2. Refusal to go after monied interests
3. Support for wokeism/PC culture
(4. Anti-Israel activism)

Disagree with Republicans:
1. Ignoring climate change
2 (tie). Refusal to go after monied interests
2 (tie). Attacking public ed
(3. Immigration)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2024, 05:34:24 PM »

Disagree with Democrats:
1. pro-Israel support
2. Refusal to go after monied interests
3. position on the right to protest
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2024, 07:18:02 PM »

I'll try to avoid issues where the party largely agrees on principle, but disagrees on how to get there (such as Medicare-for-All when it comes to universal healthcare).

1. Affirmative action - This is an issue I think the the Supreme Court got right in its case last year.

2. Government efficiency/inefficiency - This isn't really a disagreement, but more about focus. As the party of making government work for the people, not taking a strong stand on the inefficiencies of government seriously frustrates me and has the effect of undermining the work being done. Part of this includes unnecessary regulations and red tape. At the state level, a great example of inefficiency and the absurdities of government is the California High-Speed Rail project. I support the adoption of high-speed rail across the country, but not costing 50x what it should cost and taking 5-10x as long as it should.

3. Nanny statism - I do think there is a tendency on the left to try to control and micromanage people's lives.

Progressive Democrats:

Dem establishment:

Atlas D-avatars:

I don't think NIMBYism is a party issue. It's definitely both parties, but I would agree insofar as Democrats don't do anything to help the situation. There are too many burdensome regulations and there is too much red tape getting in the way of progress and truly helping people.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2024, 07:55:00 PM »

Agree with poster above in many ways. My list would be:

1. DEI, Affirmative Action - and sort of excessive ends of equality - what some on the right may call "wokeness". Oftentimes this can be more minor things at the local level - for the instance Eric Adams did a "vegan Friday" initiative for the optics but in practice all he did was take out the meat. San Fransisco spending so much time trying to rename schools during COVID was another example. I also think Dems sometimes worry too much about political correctness - in an ideal world we'd be comfortable enough with each other to not get offended and perhaps even find humor in political incorrectness.

2. Housing. Democrats control most of the large cities with the biggest housing cost issues, and few have adequately addressed the problem. Oftentimes, it's Democrats who are the ones defending extremely restrictive zoning or creating beutratic tape that makes building more homes very difficult. To be fair though, this is more of a local issue, and I think Republicans aren't great on this issue either.

3. Not caring about addressing obvious inefficiencies. Here in NYC for instance it cost like 30 million taxpayer dollars to install a basic staircase at one subway station. Installing single elevators to make stations accessible also regularly goes over 10 million. To me, that feels like taxpayer money being wasted, yet I have seen no Democrats who control the city and state make a serious effort to investigate and fix what's going on there.

I feel like overall what I'm finding is that Democrats frankly suck at governing a lot of the country's largest cities - yes many of these cities have challenging circumstances but it seems like in many of these cases, the "Democrat establishment" who controls these cities is corrupt and often unresponsive to the needs of the people because they know these cities function as basically one party governments - Detroit isn't electing a Republican mayor or city council anytime soon.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2024, 08:48:59 PM »

NIMBYism/restrictive zoning
Opposition to nuclear energy
Protectionism
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2024, 03:32:44 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2024, 06:46:06 PM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

Agree with poster above in many ways. My list would be:

1. DEI, Affirmative Action - and sort of excessive ends of equality - what some on the right may call "wokeness". Oftentimes this can be more minor things at the local level - for the instance Eric Adams did a "vegan Friday" initiative for the optics but in practice all he did was take out the meat. San Fransisco spending so much time trying to rename schools during COVID was another example. I also think Dems sometimes worry too much about political correctness - in an ideal world we'd be comfortable enough with each other to not get offended and perhaps even find humor in political incorrectness.

2. Housing. Democrats control most of the large cities with the biggest housing cost issues, and few have adequately addressed the problem. Oftentimes, it's Democrats who are the ones defending extremely restrictive zoning or creating beutratic tape that makes building more homes very difficult. To be fair though, this is more of a local issue, and I think Republicans aren't great on this issue either.

3. Not caring about addressing obvious inefficiencies. Here in NYC for instance it cost like 30 million taxpayer dollars to install a basic staircase at one subway station. Installing single elevators to make stations accessible also regularly goes over 10 million. To me, that feels like taxpayer money being wasted, yet I have seen no Democrats who control the city and state make a serious effort to investigate and fix what's going on there.

I feel like overall what I'm finding is that Democrats frankly suck at governing a lot of the country's largest cities - yes many of these cities have challenging circumstances but it seems like in many of these cases, the "Democrat establishment" who controls these cities is corrupt and often unresponsive to the needs of the people because they know these cities function as basically one party governments - Detroit isn't electing a Republican mayor or city council anytime soon.
It's quite sad indeed how housing costs get driven up due to a mix of overregulation, an attitude of overcontrolling-ness, and interest group pressure pushing things in bad directions.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2024, 03:52:09 PM »

Nuclear power(Pro)
Gun control(Support the right to bar arms)
Nannie state Bloomberg laws
Obama24
United States
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2024, 03:55:34 PM »

Democrat:

DEI, identity politics in general, strict gun control. A fourth would be I don't feel we need such a stringent FTC. I'm for mergers and acquisitions.

Agree with them on most stances, but on those I don't.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies