How do you sell the Biden Administration’s accomplishments to a low info voter?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:50:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How do you sell the Biden Administration’s accomplishments to a low info voter?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you sell the Biden Administration’s accomplishments to a low info voter?  (Read 434 times)
Obama24
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2024, 07:41:52 AM »

That’s I feel the primary question of this election:

How do you:

1) sell the administration’s accomplishments to a low information voter?

2) How do you sell the economy as it currently stands to a low information, blue collar voter?
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 08:00:35 AM »

"Joe's a great guy. Your shopping would be way more expensive if Joe wasn't a good manager. Joe's taken action to build things across the nation, stand up to Russia, keep the United States united and protect your right to vote."
GAinDC

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 08:51:23 AM »

Unlike Trump, who spent all his time picking fights on Twitter, President Biden has been quietly doing the work to make our country stronger and more united. His economic plan has added 15 million jobs -- a record, he's given our seniors a cost-of-living raise, and he's taking on big pharma to lower the cost of prescription drugs.

The work isn't done. There are still too many Americans who are struggling or aren't getting a fair shot. Meanwhile, MAGA Republicans continue trying to strip away the rights of women, the lgbt community, and other fellow Americans, as well as expanding Trump's tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

But President Biden's leadership -- which is grounded in family, faith and decency -- is helping us push back and move forward. Trump was all talk, but Biden delivers.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 08:52:32 AM »

Jobs, not mobs
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 09:01:16 AM »

No idea. The low information voter sees higher prices and an open border and blames Biden. They don't care about the war in Ukraine because it doesn't directly affect them.

Sadly, Trump can point to low inflation, low interest rates, and no major foregin conflicts during his term. He is also benefitting from the fact many voters have blocked out 2020 and his disastrous handling of the pandemic. He was lucky Obama left him a country that basically ran on autopilot from 2017-2019
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 09:57:16 AM »

I think it’s more how do you get “bad judgement” voters off the Brandon train.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 01:14:52 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2024, 02:56:56 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I think it's more about convincing them that Trump winning in 2020 would have seen him going through the same problems of gas prices and inflation. Some things are just beyond the President's control, and has to be considered what the candidates represent mire than the shallow crap like "being charismatic or "strong" in perception.

The short of it is, Biden operates in good faith and has been working against massive headwinds. Trump only cares about himself and failed to handle the biggest crisis of his administration back in 2020.

Though if one wants to convince someone else, it could depend on what issues, if any, they find most important.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 05:18:43 PM »

I have no idea if anyone else sees this as well or how much of an impact this has (if any), but one thing I have noticed while checking Google News Germany edition versus the Google News U.S. edition is how relentlessly negative the U.S. edition is.

Everything is terrible and we're on the verge of falling off a cliff...for three years now. Hyperinflation is coming, Dollar collapse is inevitable, stock market crash next week, look how many companies are laying people off and YOU'RE NEXT, war any minute, etc. there's always something to be afraid or anxious about.

Maybe it's just the links that I have clicked or the algorithm decides this is what I specifically like. Maybe other people have seen this too, I don't know, I'm not the average American. But I have noticed that after scrolling through the U.S. edition, my anxiety spikes about economic topics.
Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 11:10:18 PM »

I have no idea if anyone else sees this as well or how much of an impact this has (if any), but one thing I have noticed while checking Google News Germany edition versus the Google News U.S. edition is how relentlessly negative the U.S. edition is.

Everything is terrible and we're on the verge of falling off a cliff...for three years now. Hyperinflation is coming, Dollar collapse is inevitable, stock market crash next week, look how many companies are laying people off and YOU'RE NEXT, war any minute, etc. there's always something to be afraid or anxious about.

Maybe it's just the links that I have clicked or the algorithm decides this is what I specifically like. Maybe other people have seen this too, I don't know, I'm not the average American. But I have noticed that after scrolling through the U.S. edition, my anxiety spikes about economic topics.
Ironic. There was plenty of controversy circa 2011 when Time magazine ran a cover about happiness in the United States and a cover about the Arab Spring in its other three global editions.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 12:54:28 AM »

He gave us all stimulus checks but some think Trump did yeah because he had Spk Pelosi, whom was Spk the first two yrs in office or Biden term we have Spk Johnson whom hasn't passed a stimulus check not one
Obama24
United States
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 02:13:44 AM »

Let's do a thought experiment.

I am 18. I work a sh**t lowpaying McJob. I come from a sh**tty home let's say in WI - MI - one of those states. What little money I make is eaten up by taxes and inflation, which has me stuck at home.

I'm really angered by Biden's support for Israel not because I'm an antisemite, but because being pro-Palestinian is basically the thing for someone my age.

I get most of my entertainment in life from tiktok and I don't watch or read traditional news. Stuff like this forum is for old people. I have a low attention span as a result of tiktok etc.

Now, why should I get off my ass to vote for either of two old men who aren't gonna make my life better?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 06:25:38 AM »

They need to find the 2024 version of “Detroit is alive and Osama bin Laden is dead.” Short and memorable.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 06:39:55 AM »

COVID is over, the riots and instability under Trump are over,  the leaders of al-Qaeda and ISIS are dead, America is a nation at peace at home and around the globe, unemployment and inflation are both under 4%, and crime is on the decline. Plus, Trump wants Ukraine to surrender to Putin, since they're still besties.
AlterEgo

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 06:58:34 AM »

I am 18. I work a sh**t lowpaying McJob. I come from a sh**tty home let's say in WI - MI - one of those states. What little money I make is eaten up by taxes and inflation, which has me stuck at home.

I'm really angered by Biden's support for Israel not because I'm an antisemite, but because being pro-Palestinian is basically the thing for someone my age.

I get most of my entertainment in life from tiktok and I don't watch or read traditional news. Stuff like this forum is for old people. I have a low attention span as a result of tiktok etc.

Now, why should I get off my ass to vote for either of two old men who aren't gonna make my life better?

Well, this 18-year-old version of you should at least educate himself that working that lowpaying McJob means he's not actually paying any taxes anyway.

This 18-year-old you is also probably not "stuck at home." He's going out anyway, spending money he doesn't really have. He's also probably consistently wasting money on Doordash and buying a brand new flagship phone every year. Then frequently complaining that he doesn't have any money.

It actually might be a good thing this person doesn't vote.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 10:42:24 AM »

Well, this 18-year-old version of you should at least educate himself that working that lowpaying McJob means he's not actually paying any taxes anyway.

This 18-year-old you is also probably not "stuck at home." He's going out anyway, spending money he doesn't really have. He's also probably consistently wasting money on Doordash and buying a brand new flagship phone every year. Then frequently complaining that he doesn't have any money.

It actually might be a good thing this person doesn't vote.

I'll also add that if this is actually you, you almost certainly qualify for the EITC (Earned Income Tax Credit) as well as other tax breaks. If you aren't sure how to apply for these on your tax return, many libraries, churches, and community organizations offer free tax help during tax season. I'd also consider going back to school, even if you have to take out student loans to attend your local community college part-time or go to trade school. It's a better use of your time and money than free-to-play games with in-app or in-game purchases, clubbing/partying, weed/kratom/shrooms, or collectibles. And for the love of God, stay away from fentanyl. If anyone in your life is using fentanyl or trying to get you to use it, they are not your friend and do not have your best interests at heart, and you should cut them off or at very least minimize the time you spend around them.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies