AXIOS: Trump activly considering fmr rival Nikki Haley as Running Mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 07:15:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  AXIOS: Trump activly considering fmr rival Nikki Haley as Running Mate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AXIOS: Trump activly considering fmr rival Nikki Haley as Running Mate  (Read 589 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2024, 08:50:37 AM »

Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 09:37:54 AM »

mjba257
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 09:42:33 AM »

People called me crazy, but I knew this was always likely. After going silent for about a month following her dropping out, Haley has started to become a lot more active on social media. She is constantly bashing Biden over his Israel policy ('cuz he doesn't go far enough) and I can clearly sense her aiming for a VP nod.

Her continued strong performance in these primaries show she does have a not insignificant number of Repubs who like her and she clearly has an appeal to college education voters that Trump lacks. She'd be a smart choice politically
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2024, 09:43:56 AM »

I doubt it but she’d be the best possible pick for Trump
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 09:52:18 AM »

I doubt it but she’d be the best possible pick for Trump

Lol she was losing in polls to Biden before she lost the nomination it will be a bump but Trump polls will go back down

They still supports trickle down economics this isn't surprising since he can't pick Rubio since he is from FL and Tim Scott is not gonna be picked
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2024, 10:18:13 AM »

The thing is a lot of people are voting Haley not because they like Haley but simply as an anti-Trump vote. So having Haley on the ticket as opposed to any other Republican from the establishment wing would not necessarily help Trump.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2024, 10:30:06 AM »

He won't.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2024, 10:42:45 AM »

He will she was his UN Ambassador he wants Rubio but he can't pick him due to FL and it won't be Burgum or Scott

As I said it won't be that much of a difference in blue not red states
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2024, 10:50:15 AM »

Well that's over.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2024, 12:26:38 PM »

It’s crazy that Trump picking a woman as his VP would more or less lock up the election for him but he’s too much of a violent misogynist to do it.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2024, 12:51:24 PM »

Trump's message does NOT mean she is not being considered.  It just means that he wants Haley to reach out and show interest so that, when he picks her, he can continue to project the top-dog image to his supporters.  At this point my prediction for the VP pick is:

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

As I said in another thread here, while Trump hates Haley, he needs to get elected to try and solve his legal problems.  Electability is key for him now and having a female VP pick crucial to bring wavering suburban female voters.

Besides I would love to see a Harris-Haley  VP debate 😀.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2024, 12:53:13 PM »

Trump's message does NOT mean she is not being considered.  It just means that he wants Haley to reach out and show interest so that, when he picks her, he can continue to project the top-dog image to his supporters.  At this point my prediction for the VP pick is:

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

As I said in another thread here, while Trump hates Haley, he needs to get elected to try and solve his legal problems.  Electability is key for him now and having a female VP pick crucial to bring wavering suburban female voters.

Wrong he was as I said already UN ambassador to TRUMP just like another pollster said noway Trump picks Haley, it's over already Haley wíll be Veep

Some users forget she was already in Trump cabinet
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2024, 12:59:40 PM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

Wrong he was as I said already UN ambassador to TRUMP just like another pollster said noway Trump picks Haley, it's over already Haley wíll be Veep

Some users forget she was already in Trump cabinet

You are right in a sense, but that is not how it will play out in the media.  If he picks her the talk will be about a major coup, reconciliation and "let's stop Biden and the Democrats", not about Trump's legal problems.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2024, 02:56:10 AM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

He's literally said the main thing he's taking into consideration with his VP is getting someone MORE loyal than Pence.
Haley won't be the pick.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2024, 06:31:51 AM »

This would unironically be a good decision for Trump. Which is why I hope she isn't the pick.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2024, 09:55:54 AM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

He's literally said the main thing he's taking into consideration with his VP is getting someone MORE loyal than Pence.
Haley won't be the pick.

The speculation here is lol.

Neither of those names are in the top 3 at the moment. And it's in a very advanced process.

Hint: watch who DJT travels with and sends out as his surrogate.  Its very obvious who is freelancing for his attention and who is actively being given trial runs.

And the female thing is nice but the top pick bombed in her debut
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2024, 12:30:29 PM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

Haley won't be the pick.

Neither of those names are in the top 3 at the moment. And it's in a very advanced process.

Hint: watch who DJT travels with and sends out as his surrogate.  Its very obvious who is freelancing for his attention and who is actively being given trial runs.

As someone who believes that Trump is a toxic influence on society (irrespective on whether you lean red or blue), I would hope that he follows your advice and makes a nondescript lame sycophantic VP pick.  However I would not underestimate his instinct for survival.  And, to survive (financially and legally), he needs to get elected first, so he can arrange for a pardon.   And imho, without a female VP pick (and preferably one that shows at least traces of a backbone), that cannot happen.

We will soon see what he does
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2024, 12:51:34 PM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

Haley won't be the pick.

As someone who believes that Trump is a toxic influence on society (irrespective on whether you lean red or blue), I would hope that he follows your advice and makes a nondescript lame sycophantic VP pick.  However I would not underestimate his instinct for survival.  And, to survive (financially and legally), he needs to get elected first, so he can arrange for a pardon.   And imho, without a female VP pick (and preferably one that shows at least traces of a backbone), that cannot happen.

A lame sycophantic pick is Scott, Stefanik, or Haley after the last nine months. Haley would lose whatever value she has the moment she comes onboard. She had no particular appeal to anyone before she became the anti-Trump figure, and she will lose that appeal the moment she flip-flops. In turn, she has negative appeal among core GOP constituencies.

If you are going to pay the latter price, you might as well go with Burgum who reassures older GOP/Some Dem voters as much as Haley does, has a real story to tell, good chemistry, and spend the capital dealing with his moderate record in ND rather than Haley's flip-flops.

Rubio running behind.

It would be great if there were a good female candidate. But there is no female candidate who meets your description. Believing Stefanik has some sort of appeal to college-educated women is like believing Tim Scott appeals to black voters. Whether Trump makes gains with AA voters or not will be influenced almost 0% by picking Scott.

Now if Katie Britt hadn't bombed her SOTU she would be in pole position.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2024, 01:00:56 PM »

Haley 60%
Stefanik 40%

Haley won't be the pick.

A lame sycophantic pick is Scott, Stefanik, or Haley after the last nine months. Haley would lose whatever value she has the moment she comes onboard. She had no particular appeal to anyone before she became the anti-Trump figure, and she will lose that appeal the moment she flip-flops. In turn, she has negative appeal among core GOP constituencies.

If you are going to pay the latter price, you might as well go with Burgum who reassures older GOP/Some Dem voters as much as Haley does, has a real story to tell, good chemistry, and spend the capital dealing with his moderate record in ND rather than Haley's flip-flops.

Rubio running behind.

It would be great if there were a good female candidate. But there is no female candidate who meets your description. Believing Stefanik has some sort of appeal to college-educated women is like believing Tim Scott appeals to black voters. Whether Trump makes gains with AA voters or not will be influenced almost 0% by picking Scott.

Now if Katie Britt hadn't bombed her SOTU she would be in pole position.

I would respectfully disagree.  Scott and maybe even Stefanik do meet your definition,  but not Haley.  On this forum some may well believe that she is more of the same, but the public and media perception would be entirely different.  And, if Trump ate crow and came out with a "broadening the tent" message as opposed to making Haley grovel, the ticket would benefit greatly.  Ironically, Trump's ego remains the Dems last hope to block this scenario (which would be very dangerous for the Biden-Harris ticket).
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2024, 01:07:24 PM »

It was never gonna be Scott anyways, the Rs never nominate the reasonable Rs out there, Scott could of took blk votes away from Biden we don't know.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies