Black voters (Wapo/Ipsos): Biden +60
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:57:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Black voters (Wapo/Ipsos): Biden +60
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Black voters (Wapo/Ipsos): Biden +60  (Read 772 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2024, 01:30:51 PM »

I have Biden winning the black vote 81%-15% (4% third parties) so this is about right (considering Biden will win most undecideds). That would still represent a right-wing shift for black voters (as has been happening since 2012).

In fact there's a distinct possibility that black voters will swing right for the fourth consecutive election (2012, 2016, 2020 and now 2024). That could be enough to flip Georgia if white suburbanites don't trend further left.

That conclusion ignores the fact that tens of thousands of african-americans have moved to GA since 2020, while the amount of white residents has largely remained static.

True but my prediction (81-15 or Biden +66) represents a big enough change from 2020 (87-12 or Biden +75) that it could still offset an increased black electorate.

what if white suburbanites in GA also swing left again?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2024, 02:32:22 PM »

Interesting that Biden has higher favorability than Harris

Maybe just name recognition? Or they view Biden has having done more for the black community, because by nature the president is in the driver's seat.

I don't think I've ever seen a poll of Harris having any kind of pull or affinity from the black community. She has always been behind him in net favorability with Dems & blacks yet the myth that she is some great asset persists.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2024, 02:39:19 PM »

I have Biden winning the black vote 81%-15% (4% third parties) so this is about right (considering Biden will win most undecideds). That would still represent a right-wing shift for black voters (as has been happening since 2012).

In fact there's a distinct possibility that black voters will swing right for the fourth consecutive election (2012, 2016, 2020 and now 2024). That could be enough to flip Georgia if white suburbanites don't trend further left.

That conclusion ignores the fact that tens of thousands of african-americans have moved to GA since 2020, while the amount of white residents has largely remained static.

True but my prediction (81-15 or Biden +66) represents a big enough change from 2020 (87-12 or Biden +75) that it could still offset an increased black electorate.

what if white suburbanites in GA also swing left again?

That, I feel is the question of the election. If they swing left, Biden wins, probably by a 2020 margin or slightly larger.

Contra polls and speculation, the most probable pathway to a Trump victory is that they, not nonwhites, swing right, and 2022 turns out to have been a high-water mark. I don't feel that is impossible. The Haley polling indicates deep discomfort within the Democratic coalition among many of them, and while Trump appears to be an insurmountable obstacle, it is possible that their innate preferences for a Republican administration, even a pre-2020 Trump one will converge with their voter choice.

I am sure African American voters swinging another 3-4% Republican this cycle will be important to academic studies of a longer-term process, but I am less certain it will be relevant to the outcome of this election.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies