Breaking: Lia Thomas legal challenge to join US Olympic swim team FAILS (hallelujah!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:15:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Lia Thomas legal challenge to join US Olympic swim team FAILS (hallelujah!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Breaking: Lia Thomas legal challenge to join US Olympic swim team FAILS (hallelujah!)  (Read 2331 times)
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2024, 09:15:30 PM »

Thank God it failed, Lia has set back the trans movement and LGBT acceptance YEARS. I can hardly think of a single person who has so thoroughly done more damage to the community aside from Dylan Mulvaney.

What did Dylan Mulvaney do to earn your ire other than accept a Bud Lite sponsorship?

You see, Ferguson, it's Dylan Mulvaney's fault that Kid Rock had a meltdown and the right wing media used his incredibly minor involvement in a beer promotion to fan the flames of hate in their anti-trans blood libel.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2024, 10:04:38 PM »

Thank God it failed, Lia has set back the trans movement and LGBT acceptance YEARS. I can hardly think of a single person who has so thoroughly done more damage to the community aside from Dylan Mulvaney.

Victim blaming

Not at all lol, her actions quite literally fueled the flames of this controversy and made people view the trans movement as irrational.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2024, 10:22:12 PM »

Victim blaming

Not at all lol, her actions quite literally fueled the flames of this controversy and made people view the trans movement as irrational.

We were foolish to expect something coherent from someone with a signature like this.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2024, 10:42:30 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 09:09:01 AM by Born to Slay. Forced to Work. »

[/quote]

Victim blaming

The people who got enraged by Mulvaney were the type of people looking for an excuse to be mean and violent towards trans people.

She literally had to go dark on social media for months from all the hate and vitriol she received after doing a job that Bud Light sought her out for then abandoned her.

You may think her content is a little direct and not your taste but she did nothing close to deserving death threats. She was documented her experiences, and for that people wanted her dead.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2024, 09:11:17 AM »

I can see the argument for not having biological men on women’s sports teams for high-level competitions, but what could possibly be your issue with Mulvaney? So far as I remember the “issue” there was that she sponsored Bud Light once and people lost their ing minds for no reason.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2024, 09:55:17 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 11:43:06 AM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Legal challenge fails!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-fails-163407586.html

"The Court of Arbitration for Sport panel of three judges dismissed Thomas’ request for arbitration with the World Aquatics governing body, in a ruling released Wednesday."

You seem to have a lot of hate in your heart. A rather unpleasant fellow. Hopefully you let the love and acceptance in some day. It would do you good.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2024, 10:49:43 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 11:43:41 AM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Legal challenge fails!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/transgender-swimmer-lia-thomas-fails-163407586.html

"The Court of Arbitration for Sport panel of three judges dismissed Thomas’ request for arbitration with the World Aquatics governing body, in a ruling released Wednesday."

You seem to have a lot of hate in your heart. A rather unpleasant fellow. Hopefully you let the love and acceptance in some day. It would do you good.
I don't hate anyone. I just feel strongly that trans people should play the sport of their biological sex if they went through puberty. The vast majority of Americans agree with me
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2024, 11:20:47 AM »

You didn't need the "**** this biological dude swimmer" I think that's what people are upset about. She had a right to bring the challenge and you can be happy with the result but she's not a bad person because she brought the challenge or has a different opinion than you about how athletics should work for trans people.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2024, 11:24:50 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 11:44:45 AM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Legal challenge fails!

I don't hate anyone. I just feel strongly that trans people should play the sport of their biological sex if they went through puberty. The vast majority of Americans agree with me
Considering as emailking pointed out you were saying f you to Lia for even participating in swimming or how pissy you were in the pm you sent me about the “closet case” comment I’d press x for doubt
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2024, 11:29:53 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 11:45:08 AM by Chancellor Tanterterg »

Legal challenge fails!

During the civil rights era most Americans probably didn’t personally support it either. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right thing to do.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2024, 11:55:13 AM »

Legal challenge fails!

Considering as emailking pointed out you were saying f you to Lia for even participating in swimming or how pissy you were in the pm you sent me about the “closet case” comment I’d press x for doubt

It's a shame how anti-trans rhetoric has made people like Pres Mike so obsessive and hateful.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2024, 01:43:22 PM »

You didn't need the "**** this biological dude swimmer" I think that's what people are upset about. She had a right to bring the challenge and you can be happy with the result but she's not a bad person because she brought the challenge or has a different opinion than you about how athletics should work for trans people.
My tone was out of line and I apolegize
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2024, 01:45:17 PM »

Legal challenge fails!

It's a shame how anti-trans rhetoric has made people like Pres Mike so obsessive and hateful.

I'm not hateful and acknowledge my tone in some of my recent posts were out of line. But I still strongly belive that someone who went through male puberty has a huge advantage over biological women
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2024, 01:46:46 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2024, 02:06:41 PM by certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

Meh, IDGAF if Lia is trans or not. As long as we get gold, we gucci

t. former swimmer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to: