Roy Moore 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:41:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Roy Moore 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2004  (Read 29713 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: February 14, 2004, 02:24:42 PM »

i think he will take away bush thats why im supporting him, its better for kerry, he could possibly win alabama
LA, AR, TN, and KY would go into the lean Kerry column automatically,

Wishful thinking.  KY in particular.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 03:35:27 AM »

Moore would only need to poll around 15% in the Southern states to make all of them tossups.

I think you can look back at Perot's vote percentages in states to discover how many foolish Republicans those states contain - the same people who would be likely to vote for this Moore.   Though I think Moore would get a lot less.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 11:31:24 AM »

In recent history SOutherners have been rather reluctant to vote third party. Perot scored worst there, so did Nader, so did Anderson.
Seems they lost interest in voting third parties after 1968...Or maybe it's because voting patterns are now so strongly determined by race.
Doesn't bode well for a third party candidate who's logical base in SOuthern. Let me once more remind you of what happened to Buchanan.

Southerners don't vote third party in great numbers because they see themselves, culturally and polticially, as an embattled minority.  They quite rightly view the Republican Party, and its reliance on the South, as their vehicle for influencing a nation largely at odds with their desires.  I don't think many will throw this precarious power away on someone as pointless as Moore.
He'd make a great senator though - easily doable down the road.  Not unlike Ashcroft from my home state.  But if he steps outside the Republican Party in the South he ends his career in public life - becomes just another crackpot like Buchanan or Nader.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 12:05:37 PM »

not surprised Moore is not running.

He is more likely to run for governor in 2006 or senate int he coming years.  If he ran on a "constitution" party ticket he would never get elected now or int he future.

Precisely.  He would make a fine enough senator if he'd abide by the party's dictates.  Seems like he could be a bit of a loose cannon though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 01:15:11 PM »

Had to bring this topic up from the dead again. Was news surfing for a few minutes, and saw Roy Moore on something for Fox Newz.  When he was asked whether he would run for political office, he said he would wait and see how the present conflict resolved itself, or something like that. So "Moore in 04" is still a possibility, at least it appears to be that way.

Well 'political office' is pretty general.  Maybe he'll be smart and go for Senator or Governor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies