Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: It's your choose.
Yes

No (Normal)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Does Corzine deserve to get re-elected?  (Read 10737 times)
Conan
conan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2007, 01:40:29 AM »

Smash, it's real easy, you only like hiim because you have a good governor and don't have to deal with this retard

Sorry little boy, but just because someone has property tax relief which focuses on making those in the middle and working class lives easier as opposed to policies which make it easier for a spoiled rich kid's parents to buy him a nicer car and so that spoiled rich kid can buy what he wants without getting a job does not make the guy a retard.  You lost all credibility to bitch about Corzine when those were some of the reasons you gave for disliking him.

Those weren't reasons I gave for disliking him, those were reasons I gave for why taxes effected me, you should probably actually read what I say.  However, the point remains it's really easy to sit in NY and say you like this guy.

The problem is that you haven't actually given any reasons that you don't like him other than "OMG my taxes are going up!!!1111"

He's raised the sales tax, created a budget standstill, approved of the civil unions and represents all that is wrong about the Democratic machine in NJ.  Codey should be the governor and I think it would only be justice for him to take what is rightfully his.
You really like Codey too much. Codey is part of the machine and has been a big part of blocking ethics legislation. Corzine isn't close to the machines and that is apparent when he is clashing with his own democratic legislature. However, if you think the sales tax increase is so terrible, then you're just really cheap.  The budget standstill was at the fault of the legislature too.

Smash, it's real easy, you only like hiim because you have a good governor and don't have to deal with this retard

Sorry little boy, but just because someone has property tax relief which focuses on making those in the middle and working class lives easier as opposed to policies which make it easier for a spoiled rich kid's parents to buy him a nicer car and so that spoiled rich kid can buy what he wants without getting a job does not make the guy a retard.  You lost all credibility to bitch about Corzine when those were some of the reasons you gave for disliking him.
Even though he says he lives in a million dollar home, I don't think he thinks he is or even is rich. Anyway, if one does have a million dollar home, it still can take a lot of work and budget restraints to help your kid to get a car. Anyway, I don't think he is this spoiled little rich kid because he lives in Rutherford or East Rutherford, which according to the book of New Jerseyan Codes, isn't high up on anyones lists of places to live, no offense.

However, with the way he complained about his parents taxes going up leads me to believe that they make a large sum of $$ because if I'm not mistaken the property tax relief Corzine put forth is similar to what we have in NY, in which we have tax breaks based on the income levels, and it takes a rather large income not to qualify for the relief.  The only way his taxes can go up the amount he is suggesting would be a combination of a large jump in local, school taxes combined with an income level that is too high to qualify for the relief. 

So he either comes from a family with a lot of $$ or is flat out lying about the tax increase, possibly a combination of the two, but their is no way the taxes can go up the amount he is suggesting if the income level isn't quite high, not with the relief package Corzine  signed.
Yea... I don't think he lied either. I just think he got bad information. Their town isn't getting a 24% increase...he will probably pay around $1000 less in taxes. And yes, you are correct, the tax cuts are based on income levels.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:57 AM »

Well I think question needs to be raised again.  BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2007, 09:20:46 AM »

Well I think question needs to be raised again.  BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now

Your taxes?  Or mommy and daddy's taxes?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »

Your taxes?  Or mommy and daddy's taxes?

Makes no difference, bottom line it effects the money that I have to spend Smiley
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »

BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now

Which specific taxes are you talking about? Property taxes based on revaluations or something else?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2007, 11:54:09 AM »

BTW, for anyone who still doesn't believe it is readily available information that my taxes went up 33% in the last two years now

Which specific taxes are you talking about? Property taxes based on revaluations or something else?
Property taxes based on corrupt deals with EnCap and raising police salaries through the roof.  Quick fact, who makes more the police chief of suburban Rutherford or the police chief of NYC?  Did you guess NYC?  Sorry thanks for playing.  Rutherford $175,000 to NYC $150,000
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2007, 12:00:07 PM »

Property taxes based on corrupt deals with EnCap and raising police salaries through the roof. 

Umm, I highly doubt the property tax rate went up 33%. Everybody's homes get revalued annually and you taxes will go up as a result, it's the same way here in New Hampshire.

And don't the towns set their own property tax rates?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »

Property taxes based on corrupt deals with EnCap and raising police salaries through the roof. 

Umm, I highly doubt the property tax rate went up 33%. Everybody's homes get revalued annually and you taxes will go up as a result, it's the same way here in New Hampshire.

And don't the towns set their own property tax rates?

I don't think I implied Corzine was completly responsible for my tax problem, it just a recurring theme throughout the state, that along with his ballot measure failures, should doom him
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies