Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:19:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges  (Read 1741 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2024, 07:30:09 PM »

Ok then we get to run it to implement the conservative agenda as well .

No.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2024, 07:33:43 PM »

...If he wins, the next four years will be wholesome for this country beyond belief. Even with executive powers alone, what the executive has wrought can be unmade. We can fire the bureaucrats. We can cripple Title 9, anti-trust law, environmental restrictions on building and fracking. We can gut the political prosecutors. The DEI state, the welfare state, all of it -- it can and will be undone. We will triumph.

Did you type all this bullsh!t out with one hand?

Two, please stop trying to normalize your habits.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2024, 07:35:57 PM »

This shows how undemocratic progressives like you are .
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2024, 08:03:43 PM »

While I don't endorse killing or harming the protestors, I can't think of a more counterproductive way to get your point across than making a bunch of people (who have no control over Gaza policy) late to work or whatever appointments they have.

Yeah the fact that these losers are doing all this nonsense and Israel is still losing support from Americans in droves (I think no more than 10% will approve by the end of the year) is a searing indictment of Netanyahu and his ethnic cleansing, sorry, war.

To illustrate how insane this is, just imagine telling someone from, say five years ago, the following:

-Entity A was caught in a surprise attack by Entity B. Over 1,000 people were either raped, murdered, or kidnapped. Videos of screaming children begging for their families circled the internet.
-Entity B is an Islamist terror organization with no diplomatic recognition.

How the hell do you piss that away?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2024, 08:15:07 PM »

Is it just me, or has he been saying more violent, nutjob comments in the past 2 or 3 years (compared to his past)?

You’ve just described many Republicans in general.

This is true.
LOL.
Smiley
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2024, 08:17:20 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2024, 08:21:51 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

...If he wins, the next four years will be wholesome for this country beyond belief. Even with executive powers alone, what the executive has wrought can be unmade. We can fire the bureaucrats. We can cripple Title 9, anti-trust law, environmental restrictions on building and fracking. We can gut the political prosecutors. The DEI state, the welfare state, all of it -- it can and will be undone. We will triumph.

Two, please stop trying to normalize your habits.

I have many habits, some of them good, some of them bad. But masturbating to the thought of ruining society for the sake of some deranged and Godless ideology/philosophy isn't one of them I'm afraid.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2024, 08:17:32 PM »

This shows how undemocratic progressives like you are .

If the conservative agenda is "destroy democracy" then that is worth fighting.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2024, 08:47:00 PM »

Where are the Palestinian voices challenging this illegal behavior of intimidating and threatening people and disrupting the normal legal functioning of society with disruptive protests?  Where are the Palestinian voices that rebuke their own for joining in chants of Death to America on American Soil?  I'm sure there are some, but they're pretty obscure. 

These people have unleashed the most destructive Groupthink in decades.  The demonstrators, at a minimum, should be arrested and charged with whatever crimes they may have committed.  The decent people here should have the decency to condemn these people and call for their arrest.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2024, 09:10:56 PM »

Where are the Palestinian voices challenging this illegal behavior of intimidating and threatening people and disrupting the normal legal functioning of society with disruptive protests?  Where are the Palestinian voices that rebuke their own for joining in chants of Death to America on American Soil?  I'm sure there are some, but they're pretty obscure. 

These people have unleashed the most destructive Groupthink in decades.  The demonstrators, at a minimum, should be arrested and charged with whatever crimes they may have committed.  The decent people here should have the decency to condemn these people and call for their arrest.

To be clear, you're demanding people in Gaza condemn college students disrupting traffic in the Pacific Northwest?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2024, 09:28:37 PM »

To be clear, you're demanding people in Gaza condemn college students disrupting traffic in the Pacific Northwest?

I'm demanding Palestinian Citizens condemn pro-Palestine demonstrations such as the one that tied up traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge.  Or the one in Chicago that broke out into a "Death to America" session.  Indeed, I'm demanding that they condemn the whole "From the River to the Sea" crowd.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/pro-palestinian-protesters-storm-brooklyn-bridge-blocking-traffic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13311301/golden-gate-bridge-palestine-protest-traffic-blocked.html
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2024, 09:31:39 PM »

Fuzzy, I think the Palestinian people have much bigger issues on their plates right now than responding to a random internet user's demands on a decades old political forum to denounce the actions of some activist college kids
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2024, 09:34:25 PM »

Where are the Palestinian voices challenging this illegal behavior of intimidating and threatening people and disrupting the normal legal functioning of society with disruptive protests?  Where are the Palestinian voices that rebuke their own for joining in chants of Death to America on American Soil?  I'm sure there are some, but they're pretty obscure.  

These people have unleashed the most destructive Groupthink in decades.  The demonstrators, at a minimum, should be arrested and charged with whatever crimes they may have committed.  The decent people here should have the decency to condemn these people and call for their arrest.

I'm demanding Palestinian Citizens condemn pro-Palestine demonstrations such as the one that tied up traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge.  Or the one in Chicago that broke out into a "Death to America" session.  Indeed, I'm demanding that they condemn the whole "From the River to the Sea" crowd.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/pro-palestinian-protesters-storm-brooklyn-bridge-blocking-traffic

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13311301/golden-gate-bridge-palestine-protest-traffic-blocked.html

The odds are pretty low that the average "Palestinian Citizen" is aware that these things are happening so that seems a ridiculous expectation, as if the whole of a 5 million person area were personally responsible and accountable for dumb political stunts in the West.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2024, 09:42:12 PM »

Fuzzy, Palestinian Citizens have bigger issues going on right now than what protestors are doing on the other side of the world. I think we can give them a pass on this one.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2024, 09:51:23 PM »

Well, this took a pleasant turn.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2024, 10:15:37 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2024, 10:24:24 PM by Crane »

And he ought to have the courage to not be strongarmed by any ethnic group utilizing political violence on American Soil to attempt to coerce foreign policy changes that are not in America's interest.

Wow.

I hate these dumb protests, think they and the wider "ceasefire now!" movement are clueless and misguided, but I would never attempt to blame this on an entire "ethnic group" or call for the "denaturalization" of American citizens. This is a new low.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2024, 11:32:34 PM »

Will the Grand Mufti denounce these protestors?
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2024, 12:22:29 AM »

Conservative brains are breaking once again because people are marching now? Yes, they are calling for death to America and waving terroristic flags but that's entirely their right. It's actually quite beautiful in a way as America is probably the only country in the world where they have the right to do that without facing punishment, and its a symbolic twist. Do I agree with them? Absolutely not. But how can you wake up and call ourselves the leader of the free world, and look in the mirror and say we are better than Russia or China when burning fabric and saying mean words makes you want people to go to jail?

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2024, 12:23:10 AM »

It almost gave a bit of a creepy religious vibe. Very weird.

This is a widespread feature of Haley/Ryan's sort of ultra-dry Republican ideological orthodoxy in general, especially since in many people's minds it's fused with actual religious tenets derived from this country's ten thousand indistinguishable low-church denominations. At times it approaches Marxist-Leninist levels of treating policy proposals as quasieschatological imperatives.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2024, 12:33:03 AM »

Quote from: FT-02 Senator A.F.E.  link=topic=588676.msg9453143#msg9453143 date=1713306543 uid=32396

This is a widespread feature of Haley/Ryan's sort of ultra-dry Republican ideological orthodoxy in general, especially since in many people's minds it's fused with actual religious tenets derived from this country's ten thousand indistinguishable low-church denominations. At times it approaches Marxist-Leninist levels of treating policy proposals as quasieschatological imperatives.

Marxism's problem was its disregard for rights and liberties, not its ideological conception of there being right and wrong or some sort of, perhaps delayed, perhaps denied, but still extant destiny.

And I would protest that my views are not so orthodox, although some of the directions they have shifted in parallel the party as a whole. But I take no shame in admitting that I believe laissez-faire economics, freedom writ large, and the rule of (legitimate, particularly natural) law to be moral imperatives.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2024, 05:50:17 AM »

Our President ought to stand up for ordinary people.  And he ought to have the courage to not be strongarmed by any ethnic group utilizing political violence on American Soil to attempt to coerce foreign policy changes that are not in America's interest.

Why did you include the word "ethnic"?

- There are Palestinians who are not supportive of this
- There are non-Palestinian leftists who are engaging in this as much as Palestinians are
- The way you're phrasing it implies that if Biden were to "strike back", he should target "ethnic Palestinians" and not "the people who are doing this", which is an extremely problematic and anti-American way to handle something like this
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2024, 06:46:15 AM »

Pretty telling how every blue avatar here refuses to condemn this and is just going to “these people are evil”.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2024, 07:50:59 AM »

Our President ought to stand up for ordinary people.  And he ought to have the courage to not be strongarmed by any ethnic group utilizing political violence on American Soil to attempt to coerce foreign policy changes that are not in America's interest.

Why did you include the word "ethnic"?

We all know why.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2024, 08:11:58 AM »

https://www.vox.com/scotus/24080080/supreme-court-mckesson-doe-first-amendment-protest-black-lives-matter

Speaking of Protests.....
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2024, 08:26:53 AM »

Quote from: FT-02 Senator A.F.E.  link=topic=588676.msg9453143#msg9453143 date=1713306543 uid=32396

Marxism's problem was its disregard for rights and liberties, not its ideological conception of there being right and wrong or some sort of, perhaps delayed, perhaps denied, but still extant destiny.

And I would protest that my views are not so orthodox, although some of the directions they have shifted in parallel the party as a whole. But I take no shame in admitting that I believe laissez-faire economics, freedom writ large, and the rule of (legitimate, particularly natural) law to be moral imperatives.

An ideological pursuit of reactionary goals is not conservative at all, but rather a harebrained scheme to bring back some 1920s reactionary utopia, which never fully existed at all to begin with.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2024, 08:29:17 AM »

An ideological pursuit of reactionary goals is not conservative at all, but rather a harebrained scheme to bring back some 1920s reactionary utopia, which never fully existed at all to begin with.

No, I don't want to return to the 1920s. I want to conserve the philosophical vision of our founding fathers, and apply the same techniques as the 1920s (actually, probably more 1890s*, since the income tax had been established by 20s) to achieve the ideal form of government.

*I'm also open to 1790s and 1830s, among other decades. Broader point is a limited government dedicated to protecting life, liberty, and property and otherwise staying out of citizens lives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies