Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:15:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Senator Cotton Suggests Protesters Should Be Thrown Off Bridges  (Read 1744 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2024, 05:01:21 PM »

Again, you and Trump would both be fine with political civil service workers if they were pushing your ideology.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2024, 05:07:26 PM »

Again, you and Trump would both be fine with political civil service workers if they were pushing your ideology.

Yes I would be fine with a political civil service if they were pushing my ideology . They serve at the whim of the president and are not a separate branch of government.

That’s better than what we have Now which is a progressive one regardless of whose president
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2024, 05:09:35 PM »

Yes I would be fine with a political civil service if they were pushing my ideology . They serve at the whim of the president and are not a separate branch of government.

That’s better than what we have Now which is a progressive one regardless of whose president

Yeah, because the Spoils System was famously staffed by incorruptible men.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2024, 05:10:25 PM »

There should have been more shots fired on January 6th if we are going to be honest, but that's a whole different story.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2024, 05:12:23 PM »

What we have now is an ideological civil service whose goal is to push the progressive agenda regardless of whose president and regardless of what the president wants to do .

So yes there is nothing wrong with conservatives wanting to have a conservative civil service when a Republican is president. If you think this is a problem then you can always agree to pass the reins act and kneecap their powers but until then it’s only fair that the civil service under a Republican president pushes a conservative agenda .

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2024, 05:13:20 PM »

What we have now is an ideological civil service whose goal is to push the progressive agenda regardless of whose president and regardless of what the president wants to do .

So yes there is nothing wrong with conservatives wanting to have a conservative civil service when a Republican is president. If you think this is a problem then you can always agree to pass the reins act and kneecap their powers but until then it’s only fair that the civil service under a Republican president pushes a conservative agenda .

What if I happen to think that the Republican Party in its current form is a dangerous threat to life and democracy in the US?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2024, 05:15:38 PM »

What if I happen to think that the Republican Party in its current form is a dangerous threat to life and democracy in the US?

Then you should support efforts to kneecap the powers of the civil service
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2024, 05:28:44 PM »

Kid, no, just no. The civil service is how a country is run, vs your goal of gutting it to make it fail and going “see, it’s terrible, we need to eliminate it”. It doesn’t work on people with critical thinking skills.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2024, 05:29:03 PM »

...If he wins, the next four years will be wholesome for this country beyond belief. Even with executive powers alone, what the executive has wrought can be unmade. We can fire the bureaucrats. We can cripple Title 9, anti-trust law, environmental restrictions on building and fracking. We can gut the political prosecutors. The DEI state, the welfare state, all of it -- it can and will be undone. We will triumph.

Did you type all this bullsh!t out with one hand?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2024, 05:34:26 PM »

...If he wins, the next four years will be wholesome for this country beyond belief. Even with executive powers alone, what the executive has wrought can be unmade. We can fire the bureaucrats. We can cripple Title 9, anti-trust law, environmental restrictions on building and fracking. We can gut the political prosecutors. The DEI state, the welfare state, all of it -- it can and will be undone. We will triumph.

It almost gave a bit of a creepy religious vibe. Very weird.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2024, 05:41:45 PM »

Is the progressive agenda in the room with us?
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2024, 05:45:06 PM »

It almost gave a bit of a creepy religious vibe. Very weird.

It's straight out of the Project 2025 handbook, which is basically a fascist strategy to destroy the government so it can be rebuilt in Trump's image. Unsurprising he would advocate for it here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2024, 05:58:38 PM »

Kid, no, just no. The civil service is how a country is run, vs your goal of gutting it to make it fail and going “see, it’s terrible, we need to eliminate it”. It doesn’t work on people with critical thinking skills.

Ok then we get to run it to implement the conservative agenda as well .
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2024, 05:58:51 PM »

The strangest detail in this interview is the "wet protestor" punchline. There are a lot of things that happen to your body when it strikes the water after falling a couple hundred feet. Getting wet is a footnote.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2024, 06:08:49 PM »

That agenda right now includes the destruction of American democracy.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2024, 06:19:09 PM »

Obviously I don't agree with doing something that would cause permanent serious physical harm to these people, but they are the worst people in the country and deserve to be suffering far more than they currently are for these horrible stunts.

The fact that their victims are too cowed by fear of legal consequences to take action, while the protestors suffer no legal consequences whatsoever, is a truly infuriating irony.  And the lack of consequences has only emboldened them to do this more and more often to the point where it's now a monthly thing.

The video Cotton posted of protestors being forcibly dragged off the highway and dumped on the side of the road seems appropriate.  No need to chuck them off the Golden Gate Bridge.

But realistically, it should not be incumbent upon ordinary citizens to handle this situation.  It should be proactively prevented from ever happening by writing and enforcing severe legal consequences.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2024, 06:27:00 PM »

Obviously I don't agree with doing something that would cause permanent serious physical harm to these people, but they are the worst people in the country and deserve to be suffering far more than they currently are for these horrible stunts.

They are stupid and horrifically misguided, but do you prefer Proud Boys, Unite the Right, Groypers? AKA people who actually commit political violence?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2024, 06:29:50 PM »

While I don't endorse killing or harming the protestors, I can't think of a more counterproductive way to get your point across than making a bunch of people (who have no control over Gaza policy) late to work or whatever appointments they have.

Yeah the fact that these losers are doing all this nonsense and Israel is still losing support from Americans in droves (I think no more than 10% will approve by the end of the year) is a searing indictment of Netanyahu and his ethnic cleansing, sorry, war.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2024, 06:31:50 PM »

I hope the "Genocide Joe" protest crowd pays attention to this.

At least Biden isn't threatening you when you protest against him.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2024, 06:39:28 PM »

While I don't endorse killing or harming the protestors, I can't think of a more counterproductive way to get your point across than making a bunch of people (who have no control over Gaza policy) late to work or whatever appointments they have.

Yeah the fact that these losers are doing all this nonsense and Israel is still losing support from Americans in droves (I think no more than 10% will approve by the end of the year) is a searing indictment of Netanyahu and his ethnic cleansing, sorry, war.

Israel losing some support which according to polls hasn’t been much , is thanks to progressive youtube and paleocons like Tucker Carlson .

Like ok I can understand that you can blame Netanyahu for liberals and progressives being less pro Israel but how can you blame him for the right being less pro Israel given that’s more due to paleocons like Tucker Carlson who have always been anti Israel (just see pat buchanan in the 1990s for example )
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2024, 06:59:25 PM »

They are stupid and horrifically misguided, but do you prefer Proud Boys, Unite the Right, Groypers? AKA people who actually commit political violence?

Eh, I never had to worry about the Proud Boys making me miss an international flight.  I'm not really making any claim one way or another though, I was speaking casually.  Worst people in the country are probably serial killers, gang leaders, mafia bosses and terrorists being held in ADX Florence.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2024, 07:00:20 PM »

statements like this will just encourage more protests, if anything.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2024, 07:04:06 PM »

I mean, they're all political radicals who want to cause chaos, intimidate their opponents, and elect Trump, so I don't see all that much difference anymore. There's a reason these people have even turned on the likes of Sanders and AOC.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2024, 07:25:34 PM »

Nobody buys the transparent bovine excrement "both sides" garbage anymore. The Republican position is just Whihoit's Law in a threadbare white sheet.
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

That's it. That's all there is.

If "law exists solely to benefit the ruling party" were a remotely valid proposition (which it is not), then Biden should have GOP leadership nationwide executed tomorrow, and the Republican party banned, with its partisans shipped off to gulags. Which he's not going to do, no matter how much Republicans fantasize, because he's fundamentally a decent human being.

That's what American politics has come down to. An all-too-small majority of decent people who disagree on plenty of things but value their country and their humanity, and an all-too-large minority of volunteer orcs who think they're clever about hiding how much they want to be terrible human beings.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2024, 07:25:44 PM »

Come on, we all know the answer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies