Israel hits back against Iran (bombs Isfahan, home to nuclear facilities)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 09:40:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel hits back against Iran (bombs Isfahan, home to nuclear facilities)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: Israel hits back against Iran (bombs Isfahan, home to nuclear facilities)  (Read 6556 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2024, 04:42:45 PM »

You can blame Bibi and his government, very justifiably, but can we not implicate Israeli citizens in their government's failings, suggesting they deserve war or anything like that? I'm very worried that there are going to be people supporting Iran in this conflict.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2024, 04:49:21 PM »

I have heard (can't find a cite) that Jordan was/is helping to shoot down drones and have allowed IDF access to airspace, good news if true
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2024, 04:49:31 PM »

You can blame Bibi and his government, very justifiably, but can we not implicate Israeli citizens in their government's failings, suggesting they deserve war or anything like that? I'm very worried that there are going to be people supporting Iran in this conflict.

Yeah, it is one thing to have reservations about Netanyahu and to question his decisionmaking, but a totally different thing to actually support what Iran is doing here.

While Israel's airstrike was escalatory, the scale of this appears to be even more so, and definitely looks larger than expected currently.

There is no real way this does not escalate a bit further with an Israeli response at this point.

Best thing to hope for is that then Iran responds to the Israeli response only via proxy, and that allows it to slowly deescalate.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2024, 04:50:08 PM »

I have heard (can't find a cite) that Jordan was/is helping to shoot down drones and have allowed IDF access to airspace, good news if true

US and British fighters are reportedly doing that over Jordan.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2024, 04:52:29 PM »

Guess what: I totally believe this!

Ever since Pres Bidens disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal it emboldened our Enemies. This is the end Result.

We so badly need leadership like Reagan or HW back in the WH today .

Ever since Pres Bidens disastrous Afghanistan Withdrawal it emboldened our Enemies. This is the end Result.

Your party is the one who stabbed Ukraine in the back and sent this signal to Iran OSR

Donald Trump ain’t Ronald Reagan and sadly George W Bush wasn’t His father

Reagan objected to communism, not Russia. Doubt he would've cared much about Russia invading Ukraine.

He also forcefully told Israel to cool it a few times. Braver than Biden in that regard.

Reagan and HW had the aura of the Cold War, and US Prestige ( at least in the West ) was far more powerful than it is today.

But the 2003 war in Iraq has damaged US Prestige, and Americans are far more isolationist than they were just 10 years ago.

People mentioned for example how Reagan often pressured Israel to stand down, but don't forget that at the time, it was either fighting a regional war, or standing strong against Communism.

Israel backed down.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2024, 04:52:38 PM »

certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2024, 04:53:29 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2024, 04:58:19 PM by FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦 »

I'm just loving how peaceful the world is under Biden.

Yeah, because famously, there wasn't a single conflict going on this planet under Trump. Everyone was singing "kumbaya" or whatever  Roll Eyes

But nah, keep being a windowsill manifestation of the typical American's complete idiotic ignorance of anything going on outside of the 'States.

Biden you WEAK FOOL!

All because of your + Senate Majority Leader Schumers Rhetoric against Israel!

You're absolutely f-ing delusional to think this latest form of Iranian retaliation is because of Biden and other Dems not sufficiently kissing Bibi's ass.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2024, 04:53:39 PM »

US and British fighters are reportedly doing that over Jordan.
US was (reportedly) doing the same over Iraq (whether they wanted us to or not)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2024, 04:55:13 PM »

Jordan's air defences were ready to intercept and shoot down any Iranian drones or aircraft that violate its airspace, two regional security sources said.

They said the army was also in a state of high alert and radar systems were monitoring any drone activity coming from the direction of Iraq and Syria.

Reuters
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2024, 04:57:39 PM »

"Iranian ballistic missiles are now flying over Iraq. They will arrive in Israeli airspace in approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on the exact type, target, and launch location."

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2024, 04:58:52 PM »

"Iranian ballistic missiles are now flying over Iraq. They will arrive in Israeli airspace in approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on the exact type, target, and launch location."

This is probably where we find out if Tehran gets humiliated, or hit with overwhelming military force.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2024, 05:04:50 PM »

This is retaliation against Israel, not first strike.

But still, I'm not sure why Iran saw this as the final straw.

There's a chance Israel will limit its own counter-counter-strike... but I feel Israel could now get its full-blown war they have been wanting since Bush took out Saddam Hussein.

However Israel responds, they almost always try to get the permission from the US... and I'm afraid Biden would grant it, to draw attention regarding Israel to Iran.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2024, 05:06:22 PM »

This could be worse than October 7 if a significant number of missiles were to hit the major cities, but with the Iron Dome and US aid, that may just hopefully be possible to avoid. I'm strongly hoping for the safety of all Israeli civillians in danger in the coming times.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2024, 05:06:36 PM »

There's a chance Israel will limit its own counter-counter-strike... but I feel Israel could now get its full-blown war they have been wanting since Bush took out Saddam Hussein.

However Israel responds, they almost always try to get the permission from the US... and I'm afraid Biden would grant it, to draw attention regarding Israel to Iran.

Iran was a party to the 10/7 genocide. It has been at war with Israel for six months now. It has now decided to forfeit its weak deniability.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2024, 05:07:34 PM »

Biden you WEAK FOOL!

Israel attacked a diplomatic facility of Iran’s. They knew exactly what would happen. They want the US to help them fight their wars.
Trump took out Soleimani in 2019 and the Democrats Hair was sent on fire. Now Bibi tries to do the same and all you people are not supporting that? Pathetic!

Netanyahu did the right thing taking out these Iranian Guard Thugs!
Oppo

« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2024, 05:07:44 PM »

If only Biden had the courage of Reagan during the 1982 invasion of Lebanon to make a call an end this war, or Bush's courage to condition aid to Israel on following international law.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2024, 05:09:19 PM »

Yeah, because famously, there wasn't a single conflict going on this planet under Trump. Everyone was singing "kumbaya" or whatever  Roll Eyes

But nah, keep being a windowsill manifestation of the typical American's complete idiotic ignorance of anything going on outside of the 'States.

Biden you WEAK FOOL!

You're absolutely f-ing delusional to think this latest form of Iranian retaliation is because of Biden and other Dems not sufficiently kissing Bibi's ass.
Biden has been kissing AOC's & Rashida Talibs Ring for weeks now!
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2024, 05:10:17 PM »

Iran was a party to the 10/7 genocide. It has been at war with Israel for six months now. It has now decided to forfeit its weak deniability.

Fact check: This is not true
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2024, 05:10:26 PM »

Biden you WEAK FOOL!

Biden has been kissing AOC's & Rashida Talibs Ring for weeks now!

Stop.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2024, 05:10:52 PM »

This could be worse than October 7 if a significant number of missiles were to hit the major cities, but with the Iron Dome and US aid, that may just hopefully be possible to avoid. I'm strongly hoping for the safety of all Israeli civillians in danger in the coming times.

Reportedly the targets are military targets though. Hopefully that is the case, in which case there may not be many/any civilian casualties. If so that would help to contain the escalation cycle.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2024, 05:13:40 PM »

If only Biden had the courage of Reagan during the 1982 invasion of Lebanon to make a call an end this war, or Bush's courage to condition aid to Israel on following international law.
What I don't get especially here on Atlas. When Trump killed Soleimani in 2019 People here wanted Congress to invoke the 25th Amendment.
Now, basically Netanyahu took out some Iranian Guard Members and Atlas is upset. It's pathetic to me!

Do we know how many lives were saved by taking out these people? No, we don't.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2024, 05:13:57 PM »

Once again, Reagan and Bush had more American prestige  behind them, and used the specter of the Cold War and " standing " against Communism to make Israel bend their knees a bit.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2024, 05:14:40 PM »

Whatever my views on Palestine, when it comes to Iran, I'm 100% with Israel. I was one of the only people here who would have supported the U.S if they had gone to war with Iran rather than Iraq back in 2003.

When it comes to the Iranian Mullahs, like with any terrorists, I don't think anybody should underestimate the degree to which they are simply nihilists. I think nihilists are by far the most dangerous people when in positions of power.
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2024, 05:14:51 PM »

Iran is rage posting like Trump with the cap locks:

https://twitter.com/Iran_UN/status/1779269993043022053

Conducted on the strength of Article 51 of the UN Charter pertaining to legitimate defense, Iran’s military action was in response to the Zionist regime’s aggression against our diplomatic premises in Damascus. The matter can be deemed concluded. However, should the Israeli regime make another mistake, Iran’s response will be considerably more severe. It is a conflict between Iran and the rogue Israeli regime, from which the U.S. MUST STAY AWAY!
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2024, 05:17:05 PM »

The true value of a nuclear weapon:
Saddam and Qaddafi are dead, but the Kim's are still alive

From the perspective of Iran they should have tested a nuke instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies