Donald Trump vs Jeremy Corbyn
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:52:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Donald Trump vs Jeremy Corbyn
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Well?
Trump (R)

Trump (D)

Trump (I/O)

Corbyn (R)

Corbyn (D)

Corbyn (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: Donald Trump vs Jeremy Corbyn  (Read 1174 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2024, 07:24:26 PM »

I never want to hear "vote for Biden to save democracy" from anyone who said that Corbyn is as bad as Trump.

Biden is not a communist
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2024, 07:29:43 PM »

I never want to hear "vote for Biden to save democracy" from anyone who said that Corbyn is as bad as Trump.

Biden is not a communist

Lol.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2024, 07:44:22 PM »

Biden is not a communist
False.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2024, 08:50:53 PM »

Trump, the one who wouldn't be getting into office with the sole intention of targeting the Jewish people worldwide. It's a horrible choice, yet unambiguously the right one.

This is quite a claim. You better have proof.

My proof is the last fifty years of that wretched old bigot's career. Thankfully, unlike Trump he is an irrelevant evil old man who will never threaten my people again.

So, nothing? Got it. Thanks for chiming in.

To the thread's question, the subsequent governance of the UK after the 2019 election and the governance of the United States between 2017 and 2021 speak for themselves.

I'm glad you'll never have to find out how hot the fire you're playing with actually is.

Provide evidence that Corbyn had the "sole intention of targeting the Jewish people worldwide" as Labour leader and PM candidate, please.

🦗🦗🦗

We've played this game dozens of times. I provide the evidence of his decades-long animus against the Jewish people, you and your fellow Corbynists dismiss it, then demand evidence. We're done playing.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 09:05:30 PM »

Trump, the one who wouldn't be getting into office with the sole intention of targeting the Jewish people worldwide. It's a horrible choice, yet unambiguously the right one.

This is quite a claim. You better have proof.

My proof is the last fifty years of that wretched old bigot's career. Thankfully, unlike Trump he is an irrelevant evil old man who will never threaten my people again.

So, nothing? Got it. Thanks for chiming in.

To the thread's question, the subsequent governance of the UK after the 2019 election and the governance of the United States between 2017 and 2021 speak for themselves.

I'm glad you'll never have to find out how hot the fire you're playing with actually is.

Provide evidence that Corbyn had the "sole intention of targeting the Jewish people worldwide" as Labour leader and PM candidate, please.

🦗🦗🦗

We've played this game dozens of times. I provide the evidence of his decades-long animus against the Jewish people, you and your fellow Corbynists dismiss it, then demand evidence. We're done playing.

Right.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2024, 09:10:57 PM »

"Aha, so when presented with a choice between two bigoted would-be dictators, one who is much more dangerous to you personally, you choose the one less personally dangerous! Checkmate!" isn't the point you think it is.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2024, 09:17:20 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2024, 11:51:39 PM by wnwnwn »

Corbyn, but I would donate to a AIPAC democrat endorsed House candidate for balance.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2024, 10:05:29 PM »

"Aha, so when presented with a choice between two bigoted would-be dictators, one who is much more dangerous to you personally, you choose the one less personally dangerous! Checkmate!" isn't the point you think it is.

Also:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-stop-arming-ukraine

The fundamental fact is both of these individuals are incredibly unqualified to handle foreign policy and that means neither of them should hold such high office. I actually don’t think Corbyn was a wannabe dictator, but with him in charge the Atlantic alliance would be much weaker and our adversaries around the globe would take advantage of this. I don’t think Trump’s positions on foreign policy need to be discussed further. I guess Trump is worse in that Corbyn to my knowledge hasn’t yet called for Russia to invade NATO countries, but people should really not be treating this as some form of easy choice.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2024, 03:53:01 AM »

I have no love for Corbyn, but calling him a ‘would-be dictator’ is absolutely absurd, sorry. I must have missed it when his supporters stormed the Houses of Parliament after the 2019 election.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2024, 04:40:51 AM »

LOL at the idea of Jeremy Corbyn as a dictator.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2024, 08:57:49 AM »

I have no love for Corbyn, but calling him a ‘would-be dictator’ is absolutely absurd, sorry. I must have missed it when his supporters stormed the Houses of Parliament after the 2019 election.

Exactly. While I'm more supportive of Corbyn than you, I acknowledge he had problems as a party leader (with control/competence issues more than anything) but Ray's alarmist, ahistorical assessment of him just makes me defend him more.

If you're saying things that are obvious falsehoods like he's a "would-be dictator" and had the "sole intention of targeting the world's Jews" you shouldn't be surprised nobody's interested in hearing what else you have to say on the matter.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2024, 01:25:12 PM »

Jezza! Jezza! Jezza!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2024, 02:21:03 PM »

The bullet

NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2024, 06:18:53 PM »

LOL at the idea of Jeremy Corbyn as a dictator.

He doesn't have his c.2018 UK Pol histrionics correct. Jeremy Corbyn is the next Lenin, John McDonnell is the next Stalin.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2024, 10:53:28 PM »

Corbyn. The best Britian political leader in recent memory.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2024, 01:13:56 PM »

Corbyn, and I really don’t like him and certainly not his friends or his most fanatical supporters.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2024, 01:26:39 PM »

I mean I hate both these people but Corbyn isn't insane (and I mean really insane) and doesn't want to be a dictator.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2024, 01:58:33 PM »

Really curious to know through what means or mechanisms Jeremy Corbyn would've been able to establish a dictatorship.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2024, 02:06:40 PM »

The one whose favored economic policies would benefit ordinary people instead of economic elites.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2024, 01:12:10 AM »

Really curious to know through what means or mechanisms Jeremy Corbyn would've been able to establish a dictatorship.
I guess in theory the UK prime minister has more wide ranging authority than the US president. I don't think most UK labour MPs would vote for a Corbyn dictatorship though.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2024, 04:05:11 PM »

I guess in theory the UK prime minister has more wide ranging authority than the US president. I don't think most UK labour MPs would vote for a Corbyn dictatorship though.

The Government’s defeat in that vote of no confidence would be historic.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2024, 08:25:14 AM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 04:31:07 PM by CumbrianLefty »

Exactly. While I'm more supportive of Corbyn than you, I acknowledge he had problems as a party leader (with control/competence issues more than anything) but Ray's alarmist, ahistorical assessment of him just makes me defend him more.

If you're saying things that are obvious falsehoods like he's a "would-be dictator" and had the "sole intention of targeting the world's Jews" you shouldn't be surprised nobody's interested in hearing what else you have to say on the matter.

Corbyn is, at worst, somebody who skirts around the edges of AS memes at times (as do quite a few people, if we are being honest) There seem to be two "gotcha" incidents - claiming that some killing of an Islamist figure bore "the hand of Israel" and "liking" a mural that had a screamingly obvious and centuries old AS motif as a key element. But that is across a political career lasting decades - there is simply no comparison to a raging unhinged bigot like Chris Williamson, who transgresses more often than that in an average week. But the fact that CW was for years, despite this, one of Corbyn's most trusted allies in the party points to the real problem - Corbyn did and does not take Jew hate seriously enough. He thinks in abstraction that it is "bad", but also sees it as a distraction from what in his view really matters - and foremost in this is the "anti-imperialist" struggle in which Israel has become a key player, and from his standpoint a negative one due to its being pro-US and part of the "West".

This also shows how some of his tendency develop outright AS tendencies depressingly easily.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2024, 07:45:15 PM »

Corbyn and it isn't even remotely close.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2024, 08:02:20 PM »

I loathe Corbyn, and I'd pick him over Trump 100% of the time. Zero hesitation.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2024, 08:23:18 PM »

I'd enthusiastically donate to and campiagn for Corbyn
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies